Lucas Perez

Chat about anything football related here!
Marco Boogers Boots

Re: Lucas Perez

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:15 am

garnett wrote:I`m struggling with this one, gooners don't usually get it wrong, and this guy struggled in a shit Deportivo side, Hugillios will know of him from last season, spose we will have to AGAIN, trust Hispanic judgement.

Arsenal fans seem to like him, but he didn't get a run of games because of "bigger names" and them only playing 1 striker.

I don't read too much in to him struggling last season; as you say, Deportivo were struggling, so as a striker you're probably not getting many chances.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:38 am

hammerwell75 wrote:
Gonzo wrote:This is good business.

He has a decent pedigree, is clearly happy to be a bench player and a marked improvement on Toni Martinez who at present is going to be sat on our bench.

Thought Martinez has been sent out on loan ?

Might be wrong and could of just been linked with going out on a season long loan , anyone else herd anything ?

I think you're getting confused with Haksabanovic who has just joined Malaga on a years loan mate.
0 x

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

I like this signing. He is a talented player with quick feet. Hope it gets done today.
0 x
Flairon

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:19 am

I was a bit underwhelmed by this one,Perez has never been prolific his best return being way back R.Vallecano B scoring 25 from 44 in between 2009-11 since then he's been playing in Russia,Greece and back to Spain his best recent form was in the Spanish league where he bagged 18 in 37 for Deportivo LC 2015-16 season,bar these two successful spells 1 in 4 is about his average,but on listening and reading gooners views he's not an out n out striker and can play wide too,most are unhappy that he's gone,coming up 30 in September but it's an upgrade on the bench any kind of upgrading gets my thumbs up.COYI
0 x

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:27 pm

papers seem to have anything from 4-10 million...for this one...can't say I'm all that excited...
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:54 pm

Anything that serves as a further "fuck off" to Andy Carroll gets my approval.
3 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:I was a bit underwhelmed by this one,Perez has never been prolific his best return being way back R.Vallecano B scoring 25 from 44 in between 2009-11 since then he's been playing in Russia,Greece and back to Spain his best recent form was in the Spanish league where he bagged 18 in 37 for Deportivo LC 2015-16 season,bar these two successful spells 1 in 4 is about his average,but on listening and reading gooners views he's not an out n out striker and can play wide too,most are unhappy that he's gone,coming up 30 in September but it's an upgrade on the bench any kind of upgrading gets my thumbs up.COYI

Yeah but what "prolific" striker are you going to get to play 3 rd in line behind Arnie and Chicharito? This is an ideal signing as he doesn't cost much, is pacey enough to fit Pellegrini's system and will provide a push if others aren't pulling their weight.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:43 am

Hammertime wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:I was a bit underwhelmed by this one,Perez has never been prolific his best return being way back R.Vallecano B scoring 25 from 44 in between 2009-11 since then he's been playing in Russia,Greece and back to Spain his best recent form was in the Spanish league where he bagged 18 in 37 for Deportivo LC 2015-16 season,bar these two successful spells 1 in 4 is about his average,but on listening and reading gooners views he's not an out n out striker and can play wide too,most are unhappy that he's gone,coming up 30 in September but it's an upgrade on the bench any kind of upgrading gets my thumbs up.COYI

Yeah but what "prolific" striker are you going to get to play 3 rd in line behind Arnie and Chicharito? This is an ideal signing as he doesn't cost much, is pacey enough to fit Pellegrini's system and will provide a push if others aren't pulling their weight.

Yeah like I say I've been won over on this one,he's a definite upgrade on Hugill at least you know this fella has a chance of scoring,like I said any improvement gets my vote,and by all accounts some gooners have been upset by this so all the better.COYI
0 x

hd1

Postby hd1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Perez is signing today. No news on any outs
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:57 pm

hd1 wrote:Perez is signing today. No news on any outs

It we can keep everyone now,that is 6 new first team players on top of the best we had already,I think keeping Arnie,Antonio and Hernandez could be key.COYI
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”