Great season ahead

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammershark

Great season ahead

Postby Hammershark » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:35 pm

We have had a brilliant transfer window and are squad is looking very strong now.
Not just the fact that we have spent 115 million but when you look at the free signings of Wilshere, Fredericks & the bargains of Perez & Balbuena ect...we have prob acquired nearer 200 million worth of players.
It’s just a question of whether Pellegrini can get them playing together as a team, I think he will.
Our squad is so full at the moment so Pellegrini will have trouble deciding who and how to play...but what a nice problem.
I can’t wait for the season to start now...with all this new talent, and a great manager on the touch line who likes to only play an attacking passing football it’s gonna be a breath of fresh air this year.
Well done to the board for giving us a fighting chance....all this might not guarantee us massive success but it will guarantee us entertainment at each game...which is what I pay my money to watch.
Come on you Irons !
3 x

palerider

Re: Great season ahead

Postby palerider » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Moyes out.
2 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

A.Fox

Postby A.Fox » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Hammershark wrote:We have had a brilliant transfer window and are squad is looking very strong now.
Not just the fact that we have spent 115 million but when you look at the free signings of Wilshere, Fredericks & the bargains of Perez & Balbuena ect...we have prob acquired nearer 200 million worth of players.
It’s just a question of whether Pellegrini can get them playing together as a team, I think he will.
Our squad is so full at the moment so Pellegrini will have trouble deciding who and how to play...but what a nice problem.
I can’t wait for the season to start now...with all this new talent, and a great manager on the touch line who likes to only play an attacking passing football it’s gonna be a breath of fresh air this year.
Well done to the board for giving us a fighting chance....all this might not guarantee us massive success but it will guarantee us entertainment at each game...which is what I pay my money to watch.
Come on you Irons !

Yeah, well said. We all want to see a positive result as does a Mr D Sullivan, 101, Milliomaires Row, Chigwell. Congrats Dave for putting your money up. Now FFS go and do something on the pitch. Please. Top 6 for certain.
2 x
If you had never been born, would anyone know you were never here?

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Hopefully the prophecies will come good but I can't help having a nagging doubt it will take some time to gel. Only Wilshere, Sanchez, Fabianski & Perez of the newcomers have any PL experience and it will take a few games for Pellegrini to get the balance right.

Mind you with the amount of activity that seems to have been going on today the same can be said about most clubs I guess. At least some of our new guys have had a few minutes playing with their new team mates.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Hopefully the prophecies will come good but I can't help having a nagging doubt it will take some time to gel. Only Wilshere, Sanchez, Fabianski & Perez of the newcomers have any PL experience and it will take a few games for Pellegrini to get the balance right.

Agree. We might end up doing ok but the harsh start to our season coupled with what is almost a whole new team could see us down near the bottom by Halloween.

A hope fans are patient.
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:23 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Hopefully the prophecies will come good but I can't help having a nagging doubt it will take some time to gel. Only Wilshere, Sanchez, Fabianski & Perez of the newcomers have any PL experience and it will take a few games for Pellegrini to get the balance right.

Mind you with the amount of activity that seems to have been going on today the same can be said about most clubs I guess. At least some of our new guys have had a few minutes playing with their new team mates.

Agree Whisk.
Some pragmatism early doors may be in order.
I'm optimistic way beyond my usual fence-sitting this season but I'm not expecting fireworks straight out of the box.

But as you said, some of the newbies were signed quickly so hopefully we'll reap some benefit from some of that early business.
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 pm

It will only be a great transfer window, if it works out on the field. The players we've bought I personally know nothing of. Time will tell. On the pitch we shall see or maybe not see how great it's been.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Towie

Postby Towie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Patience will be required, especially with our start to season.
But hoping the team get quick and we see some exciting football and plenty of goals.

Maybe we should start a poll to see which poster starts s pellegrini out thread first. ( not including numbnuts.)
0 x

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Simply can't wait to get Liverpool away out of the way and get started next week WOO HOO

COYI
1 x

HammerJammer

Postby HammerJammer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 pm

So, is this Hammers Chat or have I stumbled onto a claret and blue version of the Farting Cuck?

Just support the club and qué sera sera.

More points than a cocktail stick from our first two games would be enough.
1 x
Click here and enter 1287 to block the TottenScum Troll

Return to “Football Talk”