Great season ahead

Chat about anything football related here!
JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Great season ahead

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:06 pm

Can’t wait for it all to start!
I live in hope and have optimism,i am feeling very excited about the start of this new season now.
Let’s hope this lot settle and gel quickly!Then Hopefully we get some good football with results.Surely then our pride will be restored whufc_crest
2 x

1985whu

Postby 1985whu » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 pm

I think it will be a great season. Not because we are going to finish in the top 4, or 6, or 8 or even top 10. It will be a great season because we don't have to watch such fucking dogshit, boring, defensive football after years of Allardyce, the shit Bilic period and Moyes.

For that reason it will be fan-fucking-tastic. Just going out to play attacking, passing football. We're gonna lose games. We might lose plenty of games but we're gonna be entertained. And when our new team and philosophy take shape, who knows? Maybe a cup final. That toxic atmosphere at the olympic loo seat might dissapate now that the supporters are largely happy with the new signings, a director of football and, most importantly, a manager who knows that he wants and has got what he wants. Someone strong who has probably grabbed Sullivan by the balls and told him my way or no way.

It's got to be better than that warm dogshit that's been served to us in the guise of a shepherd's pie over the last few seasons. It can't be worse. So for that reason, I agree.
2 x

HamstasParadise

Postby HamstasParadise » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Hopefully the prophecies will come good but I can't help having a nagging doubt it will take some time to gel. Only Wilshere, Sanchez, Fabianski & Perez of the newcomers have any PL experience and it will take a few games for Pellegrini to get the balance right.

Agree. We might end up doing ok but the harsh start to our season coupled with what is almost a whole new team could see us down near the bottom by Halloween.

A hope fans are patient.

Totally agree, fans need to be tolerant if it doesn't come together quickly.... Turning this club back into a force to be reckoned with is a marathon not a sprint and will need the fans in the ground and all the forums to avoid whinging about the manager or players if we don't make a fast start in the first dozen games. It may take several seasons of steady progress.

All I ask is to keep comfortably clear of relegation post Christmas, avoid capitulating in the cups, be decently entertaining, and even if we lose, cut out the 3 and 4 goal defeats and be in evry game to the end. Realistic, I hope.

COYI
5 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:19 pm

palerider wrote:Moyes out.

Always makes me chuckle..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Romford

Postby Romford » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 pm

I really don't get all the rumour mill hard-ons....and the malarkey that goes on with social media

Ive been watching our sides for over 40 years now and ive seen absolutely cack players look like world beaters when they have clicked, I've also seen world class players look like donkeys. Anyone who saw the French team in the first few games of the world cup will know what i mean.

Anybody who was about in the season we came third will know exactly what i mean...we started off cack at Brum.

All you can do is trust in your manager and hope for the best.

As long as we go for it from the first whistle on Sunday ..i will give them my full backing.
2 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Always look forward to the season ..whatever the situation,and gotta admit was even really up
for our first season in the Iconic (gotta find a name for it...that's ours..sometime)
Our chance for a crack at the big time and all that... :lol:

But Def feel some Pressure on top of the excitement this time,never really had that before.
Best looking Squad of players we ever had,we've had great looking teams now and again, but never
a Squad of depth to cover the injuries,which always screw us up.
So expectations are a bit higher this year.

But in saying that so are a lot of other sides,most sides spending,and have ambitions,
Everton def have CL ambitions,Fulham,Wolves also brought well..

Top 6 gonna find it a lot harder this year...... Well Manc clubs and red Scouse will be away,but
London Clubs gonna have a bigger fight this year,can see someone breaking in,we've as
good a chance as any,would love us to split em.

A lot of stuff,well a bit of stuff going round praising our Owners....don't really agree with that..
They're just Spending Their Businesses/OUR Clubs money...it's not their personal money,
it's all come from Tkt sales/TV companies...Commercial side of things etc....
Their still doing very nicely out of us.

Wanna have a few weeks in top 6..even if we don't finish there,def want that Euro spot,
but if we give it a good go and just lose out to say, Everton by 3/4 points,I'll be pissed
off but Happy.....if that makes sense... :lol:
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Shot our selves in the foot so many times last season it was unreal,hopefully Pellegrini sorts this fucking mess out and we kick on.
Then again this is fucking West Ham!!
1 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Definitely excited by the prospect of the new team, manager and tactics, that’s for sure. Time to gel will naturally e required, just how long will this take though. Could be quick, could be 6 months. When it does though, I think it has the potential of a good team.
The managers philosophy is so important too, as you guys have said already, it’s an entertainments business and that’s what we pay for. Definitely got nothing of the sort last season although admittedly a couple of good wins nonetheless.
Looking forward to the start of this season even though I never renewed my season ticket. Reasons I never renewed....the board. Lost faith and trust in them and never expected them to follow up the Pellegrini appointment with the players they brought in. Deciding factor was eventually money anyway but before the manager appointment I was a definite no, despite what cash flow I had. Glad I been proved wrong there and will get to as many games as I can afford.
3 x
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Got to be one of the most exciting season in prospect.

We have signed decent players and have got a world class manager too.

What's there not to like?

Saying that we can`t get more of a difficult start than Liverpool away.We could easy be blown away.They did it last season to a lot of teams and have done it in pre season against the likes of Napoli and Man U.

We hope not,but it is possible,so please don`t get too negative if we do take a hiding.because we are playing a world class team.

If this team/squad gel,we could hand a few good hidings this season.It would be nice to see us score 4 or more at the Olympic Stadium has we have not done that yet.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:41 am

Romford wrote:I really don't get all the rumour mill hard-ons....and the malarkey that goes on with social media

Ive been watching our sides for over 40 years now and ive seen absolutely cack players look like world beaters when they have clicked, I've also seen world class players look like donkeys. Anyone who saw the French team in the first few games of the world cup will know what i mean.

Anybody who was about in the season we came third will know exactly what i mean...we started off cack at Brum.

All you can do is trust in your manager and hope for the best.

As long as we go for it from the first whistle on Sunday ..i will give them my full backing.

I was around back then and if I remember right we were at, or very near the bottom, at the end of August.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”