Our current squad - native languages

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: Our current squad - native languages

Postby Brookbonds73 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:57 am

Harry Kane and his dad Peter Beardsley.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:09 pm

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
So good they named him twice.

What was that bloody advert btw ?

Fast Show.

No mate, I'm showing my age but I'm sure there was a product advertised on the box many years ago where the "punchline" was So Good They Names It Twice

Of course I could be showing my age in another way by totally losing the plot and becoming totally con----Nurse, NURSE.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:21 pm

Fuck knows which language you'd put Kenny Dalglish under?
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:25 pm

With our South American management team and all those Spanish speaking players how close are we to earning a prefix like our London neighbours? El West Ham, Le Arse, Plastic Chelski and, of course, Shitcunt Tottenham.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 pm

it wouldn't surprise me if most squads in the premier league have something similar with the amount of foreigners here
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:45 am

Italians and Portuguese are all able to communicate and/or understand Spanish , very similar languages .
And nearly all French & Germans are able to understand English even if most make out they can’t.

Fabianski has been here long enough to pick up the lingo but I dunno re Yarmalenko .

So I can’t see a problem re communication tbh .

I reckon the bling boys Oxford & Antonio probably cause more trouble than any linguistic issues.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Of the English speakers, theres a scouser, geordie, sweaty & kiwi so that reduces them by 4...

But I do wonder if a lot of the off field communication is in Spanish. Here for example of lot of communication in the office is increasingly in Mandarin/Cantonese and it does really ostracize the English speakers to the point it has to be banned. I remember once I had to send an email round that all business communication - particularly emails - had to be in English. More disruptive than you would think, particularly when there is excited jabbering going on and you can pick out other employees names in the midst of it all.

Hope Nobes teaches em to speak proper like - now Felipe, you like big or little raspberries on your threepennies?

Who are the three frogs BTW Tone?
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:54 pm

Newmarket wrote: I dunno re Yarmalenko .

So I can’t see a problem re communication tbh .

Yarmalenko native language is Spanish, but also fluent in Portugese so I think the same no problem with communication
0 x

Yak_Forger

Postby Yak_Forger » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Eh, I wouldn't call Spanish easily understandable by Portuguese, Italian (or French) speakers ; you may get the gist of a text by reading it, but when it's pronounced, it turns into complete gibberish.
Source : my mother tongue is French, I speak Italian as well, and "complete gibberish" is what comes to mind when I hear Spanish or Portuguese. Reading it is OK, though.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

BCHammer wrote:Who are the three frogs BTW Tone?

I said native languages not nationalities.
So, at the time of writing (fuck me I sound like a lawyer) it was Arf, Diop and Edmilson Fernandes who was born and raised in French-speaking Sion, but of course now has been fucked off to Italy :D
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”