Navy Blue pitch surround at LS

Chat about anything football related here!
FatPigIron

Navy Blue pitch surround at LS

Post by FatPigIron » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:50 am

Everyone is up in arms about LS owners, E20, insisting that the colour of the pitch surround must be navy blue. "It's got to be claret." Gnashing of teeth etc...

Personally, I think it needs to be a darker green so it contrasts with the pitch, or maybe a reddy-brown like at Upton Park.
I reckon any other colour would look naff...and especially claret! IMO, the navy would look less naff, but still naff.
(And anyway, Spurs is not the only club in navy blue, even if I suspect those prats at E20 have chosen navy to try and rile us, and are using the Corporate Colours as a smoke screen for their real intentions).

And for all those that have a problem with navy blue, what about yesterday's picture of Pelle in a navy track suit?... and our petrol blue away colours this season?

...(And were the FA to allow it,) would people like claret goal posts, then?
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Re: Navy Blue pitch surround at LS

Post by redhammer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:48 am

They have a point - the blue does fit with their stadium branding and when you rent somewhere, that's the things you just have to accept.

Our rental agreement was and is too cheap. Paying Lidl prices and expecting Waitrose service.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 am

Nah Claret and Blue or nothing for me with club legends names spelt out on it as well..
Rip out white seats and replace.

And while we're at it change the stadium out side not to bad,but could be better,to much white
in the surround
Flags and Banners over all Concrete/Brickwork,all railings/bannisters/doors ......painted.

Really need to start making it ours now....wont be happy till it is..
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

redhammer wrote:They have a point - the blue does fit with their stadium branding and when you rent somewhere, that's the things you just have to accept.

Our rental agreement was and is too cheap. Paying Lidl prices and expecting Waitrose service.
It was a deal they excepted,when a deal like this is penned its undergone due process by both parties,E20 sold itself short,that's not our fault or bug to bear,but if the landlords were more co-operative maybe there could be some progress,but the way they are behaving is only making the situation worse,they should take note of recent court rulings or we should sue,we hold the cards and the law backs us.COYI
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:53 am

You can't polish a turd.

There is a massive fucking running track around the pitch and whatever is placed there is not hiding the fact and will look terrible.

There is scaffolding holding the seating up too and they've tried to drape fabric over the top but it's still clearly visible. We also have trampolines to try and bridge the huge gap between the tiers and they're shite too.

I agree with fat pig that the claret surround will look terrible, in many respects it's the closest colour to the track itself which is terracotta.
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:40 am

Gonzo wrote:You can't polish a turd.

There is a massive fucking running track around the pitch and whatever is placed there is not hiding the fact and will look terrible.

There is scaffolding holding the seating up too and they've tried to drape fabric over the top but it's still clearly visible. We also have trampolines to try and bridge the huge gap between the tiers and they're shite too.

I agree with fat pig that the claret surround will look terrible, in many respects it's the closest colour to the track itself which is terracotta.
what he said, unfortunately ...
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

only1salty

Post by only1salty » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:58 am

Why not rip up the stupid carpet and leave the running track we all know is there anyway
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

FatPigIron wrote:Everyone is up in arms about LS owners, E20, insisting that the colour of the pitch surround must be navy blue. "It's got to be claret." Gnashing of teeth etc...

Personally, I think it needs to be a darker green so it contrasts with the pitch, or maybe a reddy-brown like at Upton Park.
I reckon any other colour would look naff...and especially claret! IMO, the navy would look less naff, but still naff.
(And anyway, Spurs is not the only club in navy blue, even if I suspect those prats at E20 have chosen navy to try and rile us, and are using the Corporate Colours as a smoke screen for their real intentions).

And for all those that have a problem with navy blue, what about yesterday's picture of Pelle in a navy track suit?... and our petrol blue away colours this season?

...(And were the FA to allow it,) would people like claret goal posts, then?
They want a neutral colour to put advertising on it. As long as it isnt Green I dont care to be honest.
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 pm

whu wrote:
Gonzo wrote:You can't polish a turd.

Thing is guys we're there....end of...........time to get on with it....not gonna be knocked
down and rebuilt....running track ain't going nowhere,and we've no where else to go.

So we have to look at what we've got positively, and we and the owners have to do everything
possible to make it West Hams home ground.

I Think a Claret-Claret/Blue surround would look great,maybe old badges in blue on it,lots we can do
and have to keep pushing for it.

Maybe the Public/taxpayer need to be made more aware....we want to contribute more to the
stadium financially, take more responsibility for it,but all the Governing bodies,from E20,
LLDC..Newham Council,now the Mayors office,and their shambolic efforts in the running
of it, are hindering and preventing us .

You have to keep Banging on with this sort of stuff,and get public opinion on your side,certainly
from the Mayors point of view,he seems to have/want the final say on what happens now.
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 pm

mkhammer wrote:
whu wrote:

Thing is guys we're there....end of...........time to get on with it....not gonna be knocked
down and rebuilt....running track ain't going nowhere,and we've no where else to go.

So we have to look at what we've got positively, and we and the owners have to do everything
possible to make it West Hams home ground.

I Think a Claret-Claret/Blue surround would look great,maybe old badges in blue on it,lots we can do
and have to keep pushing for it.

Maybe the Public/taxpayer need to be made more aware....we want to contribute more to the
stadium financially, take more responsibility for it,but all the Governing bodies,from E20,
LLDC..Newham Council,now the Mayors office,and their shambolic efforts in the running
of it, are hindering and preventing us .

You have to keep Banging on with this sort of stuff,and get public opinion on your side,certainly
from the Mayors point of view,he seems to have/want the final say on what happens now.
fuck the mayor

self promoting showboater, frightened to tackle a brother with a blade

should be ashamed of himself for not launching a joint mission with cressida dick for more plod and assertive action
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Social Media