FFS Get a grip

Chat about anything football related here!
Baddowhammer

FFS Get a grip

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:42 am

It's not like this has been sprung on us,and a lot of us understood exactly this could mean things getting worse before any improvement is seen.
Liverpool apart we haven't been turned over we've been competitive in the other 3 games and all of them could have gone either way.
I think from game 1-4 there has been an improvement and at times looked the real deal in all of those games,consistency and fitness will improve and the results will follow.
I know we're all expecting a new dawn,but I've supported West Ham for a long time and apart from the odd cup victory we've been pretty poor results wise,even with Moore,Hurst and Peters in the side our league form was crap.
The big shock to me is how quick our support have forgotten their own words, "It might be bad at first but anything to see an improvement on the dour football " well welcome to bad at first,you wanted change now get behind the fucking team,show loyalty or the support will get a gooners reputation.
We've also been known for a relegation now and again,we used to get bigger crowds when we went down,can't imagine it now our fan base is slowly turning from proper hardcore supporters to fair weather fucking idiots,who want instant success.

So really being a Hammer a true supporter is not one for glory hunters,it has to be a certain type as they say "If you're not one of us you'll never understand" .COYI
18 x

FlatCapDave

Re: FFS Get a grip

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:02 am

goodpost:)
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:03 am

I admire your optimism but I can't really see, the Arsenal game apart, any real improvement in overall performance. The Arsenal game was undoubtedly our best and had chances been taken the result could have been very different.

But cast your mind back to the two home games. Did we create anything of significance? I can't recall anything of particular note against Bournemouth which caused Begovic to earn his money and apart from the shot that hit him in the face Rui Patricio wasn't worked too hard last Saturday.

You point about people expecting instant success is a good one of course but personally I don't really see how the present system, with a back 4, is going to bear fruit given the composition of our squad.

However I will be delighted to be proved wrong.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:53 am

Whiskyman wrote:I admire your optimism but I can't really see, the Arsenal game apart, any real improvement in overall performance. The Arsenal game was undoubtedly our best and had chances been taken the result could have been very different.

But cast your mind back to the two home games. Did we create anything of significance? I can't recall anything of particular note against Bournemouth which caused Begovic to earn his money and apart from the shot that hit him in the face Rui Patricio wasn't worked too hard last Saturday.

You point about people expecting instant success is a good one of course but personally I don't really see how the present system, with a back 4, is going to bear fruit given the composition of our squad.

It`s the flat back 4 where the problem lies.It leaves to much space in our midfield and we get over run.Better to play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.

Whatever happens we need to improve in the middle of the park,whether we play just the one up front,so we can control the midfield a bit more.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:14 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I admire your optimism but I can't really see, the Arsenal game apart, any real improvement in overall performance. The Arsenal game was undoubtedly our best and had chances been taken the result could have been very different.

It`s the flat back 4 where the problem lies.It leaves to much space in our midfield and we get over run.Better to play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs.

Whatever happens we need to improve in the middle of the park,whether we play just the one up front,so we can control the midfield a bit more.

With the squad we have atm, that's the only option. And once MP picks that team, injuries aside or a bit of tinkering in playing one or two up front, sink or swim with it.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

LawnmowerMan

Postby LawnmowerMan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 pm

Improvement? :D

The bloke is shot, a spent force, busted flush etc..

He was one foot into retirement in his last year at City and he then went to China for a 3 year Busman's Holiday.

Any hunger or motivation he had is long, long gone. He's only here because he was offered an insane amount of money to come here when even the Chinese didn't think he was upto it any more.

It ain't going to imrpove until he's fucked off.
1 x

Romford

Postby Romford » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Im not worried...
1 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Que sera sera.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Agree with the OP, so much change is less likely to bed in first month of the season. New players, new system and with that comes a new and impatient expectation. Agreed, this is as bad as it could have gone, but does anyone really think we're going to continue to struggle like this through 3 years of a manager like Pellegrini or even 3 more months?!

We've even started to write players off ala Arnie a year ago ffs. Piling on new players that have never played in this league, in their first month, is the kind of shit slinging that will never see a player settle for our club. I'm just waiting for the first knuckle-dragger to start booing them and thus seal their fate in East London.

I honestly believe the players we've brought in our improvements to our squad, some need time to bed, others need time to age in this league. Once they do we will be a better team.
3 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Postby JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:It's not like this has been sprung on us,and a lot of us understood exactly this could mean things getting worse before any improvement is seen.
Liverpool apart we haven't been turned over we've been competitive in the other 3 games and all of them could have gone either way.
I think from game 1-4 there has been an improvement and at times looked the real deal in all of those games,consistency and fitness will improve and the results will follow.
I know we're all expecting a new dawn,but I've supported West Ham for a long time and apart from the odd cup victory we've been pretty poor results wise,even with Moore,Hurst and Peters in the side our league form was crap.
The big shock to me is how quick our support have forgotten their own words, "It might be bad at first but anything to see an improvement on the dour football " well welcome to bad at first,you wanted change now get behind the fucking team,show loyalty or the support will get a gooners reputation.
We've also been known for a relegation now and again,we used to get bigger crowds when we went down,can't imagine it now our fan base is slowly turning from proper hardcore supporters to fair weather fucking idiots,who want instant success.

So really being a Hammer a true supporter is not one for glory hunters,it has to be a certain type as they say "If you're not one of us you'll never understand" .COYI

Reading that actually made me feel a bit better Baddow!Were West Ham and that’s what we are!Great people,loyal people who should be battle hardened.
If your not one of us you dont understand ;)
Onwards and upwards
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”