FFS Get a grip

Chat about anything football related here!
FlatCapDave

Re: FFS Get a grip

Postby FlatCapDave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 am

Whiskyman wrote:And what posesses an otherwise (presumably) sound minded adult to wear a replica shirt with a player's name on the back fuck only knows.

What possesses a sound-minded adult to turn into a frothing at the mouth lunatic because of 22 overpaid gents kicking a ball around a field though? We don't want to open this can of worms, trust me! :lol:
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:36 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:And what posesses an otherwise (presumably) sound minded adult to wear a replica shirt with a player's name on the back fuck only knows.

What possesses a sound-minded adult to turn into a frothing at the mouth lunatic because of 22 overpaid gents kicking a ball around a field though? We don't want to open this can of worms, trust me! :lol:

That is a very good question. And one for which no answer has been found since the matter was first raised, no doubt over a hundred years ago. Except they weren't so overpaid then.

Can of worms maybe, but I'm sure it would provoke an interesting discussion. ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Towie

Postby Towie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Ffs get a grip it is only 1 win!
;)
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
Its been asked what is the difference between a fan and a supporter, maybe H69 just answered that question once and for all.

I've always reckoned a supporter is someone who attends games whenever time and finances permit. A fan is someone who is just as passionate about the club but, for a variety of reasons, doesn't, or isn't able to, attend.

So as far as I'm concerned for 30 odd years I was a supporter, but for the last season and a bit I've been a fan. But no doubt others will have different interpretations.

You have certainly been to enough games in my book and therefore have done enough to be called a lifetime supporter, just as a long serving player retires it doesn't stop him from belonging.COYI
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I've always reckoned a supporter is someone who attends games whenever time and finances permit. A fan is someone who is just as passionate about the club but, for a variety of reasons, doesn't, or isn't able to, attend.

So as far as I'm concerned for 30 odd years I was a supporter, but for the last season and a bit I've been a fan. But no doubt others will have different interpretations.

You have certainly been to enough games in my book and therefore have done enough to be called a lifetime supporter, just as a long serving player retires it doesn't stop him from belonging.COYI

Tbh mate I've been called worse names than either. I'm sure we've all got different ideas on the subject.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”