FFS Get a grip

Chat about anything football related here!
FlatCapDave

Re: FFS Get a grip

Post by FlatCapDave » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 am

Whiskyman wrote: And what posesses an otherwise (presumably) sound minded adult to wear a replica shirt with a player's name on the back fuck only knows.
What possesses a sound-minded adult to turn into a frothing at the mouth lunatic because of 22 overpaid gents kicking a ball around a field though? We don't want to open this can of worms, trust me! :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:36 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Whiskyman wrote: And what posesses an otherwise (presumably) sound minded adult to wear a replica shirt with a player's name on the back fuck only knows.
What possesses a sound-minded adult to turn into a frothing at the mouth lunatic because of 22 overpaid gents kicking a ball around a field though? We don't want to open this can of worms, trust me! :lol:
That is a very good question. And one for which no answer has been found since the matter was first raised, no doubt over a hundred years ago. Except they weren't so overpaid then.

Can of worms maybe, but I'm sure it would provoke an interesting discussion. ;)
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Ffs get a grip it is only 1 win!
;)
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
Its been asked what is the difference between a fan and a supporter, maybe H69 just answered that question once and for all.
I've always reckoned a supporter is someone who attends games whenever time and finances permit. A fan is someone who is just as passionate about the club but, for a variety of reasons, doesn't, or isn't able to, attend.

So as far as I'm concerned for 30 odd years I was a supporter, but for the last season and a bit I've been a fan. But no doubt others will have different interpretations.
You have certainly been to enough games in my book and therefore have done enough to be called a lifetime supporter, just as a long serving player retires it doesn't stop him from belonging.COYI
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I've always reckoned a supporter is someone who attends games whenever time and finances permit. A fan is someone who is just as passionate about the club but, for a variety of reasons, doesn't, or isn't able to, attend.

So as far as I'm concerned for 30 odd years I was a supporter, but for the last season and a bit I've been a fan. But no doubt others will have different interpretations.
You have certainly been to enough games in my book and therefore have done enough to be called a lifetime supporter, just as a long serving player retires it doesn't stop him from belonging.COYI
Tbh mate I've been called worse names than either. I'm sure we've all got different ideas on the subject.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

1985whu

Post by 1985whu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Days like today make me smile cos I think back to the hysterical knicker-wetters who were questioning Pellegrini and slating half our new signings after ONLY 3 GAMES and banging on about relegation.

Today was a great result, and on the flip side I'm not going to get over-excited but will thoroughly enjoy the win. With a new manager, new system and loads of new players I was always thinking that after 12-15 games is when I'll have a good idea what this West Ham side is all about, so far it's very encouraging!
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:09 pm

well they seem to be playing more as a unit now, the passing, imo, has improved, and there does seem to be better understanding between players. Defensively we are better, and that is helped by a more active midfield. Rice did well today, plays there well considering. Zabaleta might be slow but hes got a brain, said so when he first put on our shirt. TBH, i think Reid is going to be hard pressed to get back in when he regains full fitness.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:35 pm

LawnmowerMan wrote:Improvement? :D

The bloke is shot, a spent force, busted flush etc..

He was one foot into retirement in his last year at City and he then went to China for a 3 year Busman's Holiday.

Any hunger or motivation he had is long, long gone. He's only here because he was offered an insane amount of money to come here when even the Chinese didn't think he was upto it any more.

It ain't going to imrpove until he's fucked off.
Do you still believe that?
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 pm

eskimo joe wrote:well they seem to be playing more as a unit now, the passing, imo, has improved, and there does seem to be better understanding between players. Defensively we are better, and that is helped by a more active midfield. Rice did well today, plays there well considering. Zabaleta might be slow but hes got a brain, said so when he first put on our shirt. TBH, i think Reid is going to be hard pressed to get back in when he regains full fitness.
Maybe it’s my minces :D

But Zabaleta didn’t look all that slow yesterday did he ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Newmarket wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:well they seem to be playing more as a unit now, the passing, imo, has improved, and there does seem to be better understanding between players. Defensively we are better, and that is helped by a more active midfield. Rice did well today, plays there well considering. Zabaleta might be slow but hes got a brain, said so when he first put on our shirt. TBH, i think Reid is going to be hard pressed to get back in when he regains full fitness.
Maybe it’s my minces :D

But Zabaleta didn’t look all that slow yesterday did he ?
lets say hes nippy in patches, and his brain can compensate for his lack of speed. Think we had someone like that once.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.