FFS Get a grip

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: FFS Get a grip

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:32 pm

h69 wrote:
Towie wrote:
Not quite sure why you saying the table don’t lie after 4 bloody games, it really doesn’t mean anything, and as for hitting the ground running...
It is a 38 game season as Bournemouth & palace proved last year after both losing first 4 games, palace first 7 without scoring in fact!

No one has ever been relegated in September ffs,

As the thread name says, get a grip man.
Precisely.
In fact it was interesting to see the press talking about this and pretty much echoing what you just said on the Sunday Supplement yesterday. Apparently these were the same press that everyone agreed with when the shambles at Burnley happened last season.

The fact is that there are some on here that think that if you dont feel suicidal because we have not won any of our first 4 games you think everything is 'dandy'.
In reality it is somewhere in between. A poor start but a long way to go yet. I dont think we will really see the team play well until December. I thought that originally in the summer, I still do.

As Martin Samuel and the others were saying yesterday, if you change the mentality of the team and completely alter the way they play and think then this takes time but it would be sad for a team not to be ambitious because the fans dont have the patience.

Makes me laugh. Many of the people on here melting down when Moyes and Allardyce were in charge wanted a complete change of mentality and playing style yet expect it to start producing results instantly. When it doesnt, they are melting again. Preseason will not achieve that as you give everyone a game.

4 games FFS....as the OP says, get a grip. I wonder where all the supporters are gone these days as I see no support now, just an expectation that we need to be winning playing expansive football instantly.

Support means exactly that, not screaming abuse at the players, manager and each other because we have not won the first 4 games, two of which we have only once won both of in the last 50 years.

Palace last season tried the same, the same thing happened in the first four games so they changed their minds and got Roy in, another defensive coach. They stayed up but they are a defensive team and almost never win when Zaha is not playing. The stats are stunning in that regard. Is that what people want to happen, that we abandon a project already ?

Me, I think it is worth sticking with right now but if at Christmas it still doesnt work then maybe we need to change.

Despite what Castiron thinks, I dont have an issue with people being pessimistic as it is as much a part of the modern Sky era football now as Friday night games and not just at our club but all clubs but I do think some realism needs applying here sometimes.
Don't try and make it about me and you thanks.
I don't give a monkies what you think.
I come on here to get people's varying views on our club, and it's all about opinions.
What I don't do is take the piss out of people, with laughing emojis, just because their view is different to mine. You belittle people, and I don't like people that do that, it's bullying in my eyes.
As I said, if most people on here are melts, as you keep saying, why not just fuck off somewhere else, where you can act the high and mighty with like minded people?.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:31 pm

Castiron wrote:
h69 wrote:
My opinion is that Benitez has spent far less than us and their board have got away with giving him almost nothing which apparently would never happen

What is your opinion ?

:roll:

Are you a rocket scientist perchance ?
:ugeek: :lol:
What I don't do is take the piss out of people, with laughing emojis, just because their view is different to mine.
No ? ....someone must have hacked your account then !!!

I dont think most people on here are melts even if I dont agree with a lot. Just that some are melting down over our last 4 results and I think it is quite ironic.

I am not asking you to like me but for someone who does not care what I think, you sure spend a lot of time responding ! :lol:

If you think my last post was about you, you are quite incorrect....I merely pointed out in the last sentence that you are not right about what I think about it all. It was incidental hence at the end.

Not sure why you get your knickers in such a twist, dont be so precious honey, I have not bullied you at all babyfuckoff :roll:
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:06 pm

h69 wrote:
Castiron wrote: :ugeek: :lol:
What I don't do is take the piss out of people, with laughing emojis, just because their view is different to mine.

I dont think most people on here are melts even if I dont agree with a lot. Just that some are melting down over our last 4 results and I think it is quite ironic.

I am not asking you to like me but for someone who does not care what I think, you sure spend a lot of time responding ! :lol:

If you think my last post was about you, you are quite incorrect....I merely pointed out in the last sentence that you are not right about what I think about it all. It was incidental hence at the end.

Not sure why you get your knickers in such a twist, dont be so precious honey, I have not bullied you at all :roll:
My above response with the 2 emojis was a dig at myself as a rocket scientist, hence the geek one!
Also I didn't say you have bullied me, but the way you respond to other people with laughing ones the majority of the time, sort of points to the fact that you think they are a little bit on the thick side, which I think is a sign that you actually look down on people for having a different view to you.
My knickers are firmly in place sweetheart. babyfuckoff
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:18 pm

Castiron wrote:
h69 wrote:

Not sure why you get your knickers in such a twist, dont be so precious honey, I have not bullied you at all :roll:
My above response with the 2 emojis was a dig at myself as a rocket scientist, hence the geek one!
Also I didn't say you have bullied me, but the way you respond to other people with laughing ones the majority of the time, sort of points to the fact that you think they are a little bit on the thick side, which I think is a sign that you actually look down on people for having a different view to you.
There you go telling me what I think again ... it really does make me laugh.
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:31 pm

FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT... with emojiis!!!!
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:00 pm

h69 wrote:
Towie wrote:
Not quite sure why you saying the table don’t lie after 4 bloody games, it really doesn’t mean anything, and as for hitting the ground running...
It is a 38 game season as Bournemouth & palace proved last year after both losing first 4 games, palace first 7 without scoring in fact!

Support means exactly that, not screaming abuse at the players, manager and each other because we have not won the first 4 games, two of which we have only once won both of in the last 50 years. The players look terrified playing at home in front of our supporters
Many clubs refer to the 12th man, by which they mean the support they get from the fans. Our away support has, imo, always bee pretty impressive. There have been odd occasions over the years,like Lyall's last match at Liverpool when our most successful manager ever took the most fearful dogs abuse (undeserved), and a 6-0 hammering at Reading when a rousing chorus about not being fit to wear the shirt ( well deserved) came down from our support. But overall considering some of the crap performances our travelling support has had to endure the away fans are a credit to themselves. Both in numbers and support.

Sadly the same can't be said of our home support, and it's not just a new stadium thing either. I noticed from my seat in the West Stand at UP that season after season the amount of general impatience and abuse towards particular players was increasing year by year. Some people seemed to be waiting for the first misplaced pass, or missed chance so they could start complaining. I don't go any more. in part because of that, but from what I gather that level of criticism has carried on post move. So the 12th man, instead of encouraging our team, have become in many games an asset to the visitors.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:04 pm

h69 wrote:
Castiron wrote: My above response with the 2 emojis was a dig at myself as a rocket scientist, hence the geek one!
There you go telling me what I think again ... it really does make me laugh.
The irony :roll: :? 8-) :lol: :x :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!: :?: :o :( ;) :) :D kickimmuts babyfuckoff shakeass :shock:
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

Support means exactly that, not screaming abuse at the players, manager and each other because we have not won the first 4 games, two of which we have only once won both of in the last 50 years. The players look terrified playing at home in front of our supporters
Many clubs refer to the 12th man, by which they mean the support they get from the fans. Our away support has, imo, always bee pretty impressive. There have been odd occasions over the years,like Lyall's last match at Liverpool when our most successful manager ever took the most fearful dogs abuse (undeserved), and a 6-0 hammering at Reading when a rousing chorus about not being fit to wear the shirt ( well deserved) came down from our support. But overall considering some of the crap performances our travelling support has had to endure the away fans are a credit to themselves. Both in numbers and support.

Sadly the same can't be said of our home support, and it's not just a new stadium thing either. I noticed from my seat in the West Stand at UP that season after season the amount of general impatience and abuse towards particular players was increasing year by year. Some people seemed to be waiting for the first misplaced pass, or missed chance so they could start complaining. I don't go any more. in part because of that, but from what I gather that level of criticism has carried on post move. So the 12th man, instead of encouraging our team, have become in many games an asset to the visitors.
It is sad you dont go for that reason but I agree wholeheartedly. It is why I go to so many away games. I love them far more than home games.

I remember the two you mention. I also remember the 5-4 defeat at Blackburn where we staged a sit in on the terrace at halftime (4-1 down) and then went 5-1 down only to recover and nearly equalise.

I also remember us being hammered at Oldham in the pissing rain on Valentines night in the cup.

Our away support is magnificent and I would class it as some of the best in the league. Everton away next week is a sellout I saw.

You are right regarding UP. Was never the same after they put in seats in my opinion as that was when it started getting expensive and people became spectators rather than fans where they only created an atmosphere when we were playing well. I blame the cost and the seating.

People blame the current stadium for our woes saying our players dont like to play there. They are right but not because of the stadium itself (lets be honest, away teams love playing there so if they can, why cant we ?), it is because they are terrified of making mistakes in front of our fans.

After playing well against Arsenal they looked terrified against Wolves. Fredericks gave the ball away in the first 3 mins and the fans were screaming at him...after that, he chose not to try and do it any more. People will say they should be able to play through it but they are humans and they are affected by stuff like this.

Look on any opposition forum before a home game and you will see that they want to start well as they know it will make the fans turn on the team.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:49 pm

h69 wrote:
Towie wrote:

Precisely.
In fact it was interesting to hear the press talking about this and pretty much echoing what you just said on the Sunday Supplement yesterday. Apparently these were the same press that everyone agreed with when the shambles at Burnley happened last season.

The fact is that there are some on here that think that if you dont feel suicidal because we have not won any of our first 4 games you think everything is 'dandy'.
In reality it is somewhere in between. A poor start but a long way to go yet. I dont think we will really see the team play well until December. I thought that originally in the summer, I still do.

As Martin Samuel and the others were saying yesterday, if you change the mentality of the team and completely alter the way they play and think then this takes time but it would be sad for a team not to be ambitious because the fans dont have the patience.

Makes me laugh. Many of the people on here melting down when Moyes and Allardyce were in charge wanted a complete change of mentality and playing style yet expect it to start producing results instantly. When it doesnt, they are melting again. Preseason will not achieve that as you give everyone a game.

4 games FFS....as the OP says, get a grip. I wonder where all the supporters are gone these days as I see no support now, just an expectation that we need to be winning playing expansive football instantly.

Palace last season tried the same, the same thing happened in the first four games so they changed their minds and got Roy in, another defensive coach. They stayed up but they are a defensive team and almost never win when Zaha is not playing. The stats are stunning in that regard. Is that what people want to happen, that we abandon a project already ?

Me, I think it is worth sticking with right now but if at Christmas it still doesnt work then maybe we need to change.

Despite what Castiron thinks, I dont have an issue with people being pessimistic as it is as much a part of the modern Sky era football now as Friday night games and not just at our club but all clubs but I do think some realism needs applying here sometimes.

some interesting points H and i tend to fall on the side of the pessimist (actually scrap that i am a pessimist when it comes to whu).

I frankly love the optimist's amongst this board, it give me a chink of light that maybe im wrong to be so down about my team every frickin weekend ....and then we are shit again and im back to being an angry pessimist.

i remember not many years ago people talking about how few managers west ham had employed over the past 40 years, it seems we have caught the same bug as many other teams in trying to find a immediate solution to our constant woes.

So im gonna try and get on board with the stick with pelli and try and change the culture of the club. I gotta be honest for a pessimist such as me , im stuck with the possible question of would i take relegation and changing our culture to come back stronger or hoof him and hope to stay in the prem....not much of a choice really.

but lets give a whirl, eveton -0 west ham -6......and the start of something special....(just typing that is already causing me anxiety :D ).
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:59 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
h69 wrote:
Precisely.
In fact it was interesting to hear the press talking about this and pretty much echoing what you just said on the Sunday Supplement yesterday. Apparently these were the same press that everyone agreed with when the shambles at Burnley happened last season.

some interesting points H and i tend to fall on the side of the pessimist (actually scrap that i am a pessimist when it comes to whu).

I frankly love the optimist's amongst this board, it give me a chink of light that maybe im wrong to be so down about my team every frickin weekend ....and then we are shit again and im back to being an angry pessimist.

i remember not many years ago people talking about how few managers west ham had employed over the past 40 years, it seems we have caught the same bug as many other teams in trying to find a immediate solution to our constant woes.

So im gonna try and get on board with the stick with pelli and try and change the culture of the club. I gotta be honest for a pessimist such as me , im stuck with the possible question of would i take relegation and changing our culture to come back stronger or hoof him and hope to stay in the prem....not much of a choice really.

but lets give a whirl, eveton -0 west ham -6......and the start of something special....(just typing that is already causing me anxiety :D ).
Its not so much optimism to be honest Trev. I honestly dont know if this project will work or not, I really don't. Football has changed a lot now that Sky and money control it, fans are more transient and long term projects rarely have the time to bear fruit. Scousers were calling for Klopp to go a couple of seasons ago FFS

I do know it cant work in just a few games and I also know that the team probably need the fans more than ever right now and would argue that they are not getting the support they need.
0 x