FFS Get a grip

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: FFS Get a grip

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 pm

brookingslovechild wrote:
h69 wrote:
Precisely.
In fact it was interesting to hear the press talking about this and pretty much echoing what you just said on the Sunday Supplement yesterday. Apparently these were the same press that everyone agreed with when the shambles at Burnley happened last season.

The fact is that there are some on here that think that if you dont feel suicidal because we have not won any of our first 4 games you think everything is 'dandy'.
In reality it is somewhere in between. A poor start but a long way to go yet. I dont think we will really see the team play well until December. I thought that originally in the summer, I still do.

As Martin Samuel and the others were saying yesterday, if you change the mentality of the team and completely alter the way they play and think then this takes time but it would be sad for a team not to be ambitious because the fans dont have the patience.

Makes me laugh. Many of the people on here melting down when Moyes and Allardyce were in charge wanted a complete change of mentality and playing style yet expect it to start producing results instantly. When it doesnt, they are melting again. Preseason will not achieve that as you give everyone a game.

4 games FFS....as the OP says, get a grip. I wonder where all the supporters are gone these days as I see no support now, just an expectation that we need to be winning playing expansive football instantly.

Support means exactly that, not screaming abuse at the players, manager and each other because we have not won the first 4 games, two of which we have only once won both of in the last 50 years. The players look terrified playing at home in front of our supporters

Palace last season tried the same, the same thing happened in the first four games so they changed their minds and got Roy in, another defensive coach. They stayed up but they are a defensive team and almost never win when Zaha is not playing. The stats are stunning in that regard. Is that what people want to happen, that we abandon a project already ?

Me, I think it is worth sticking with right now but if at Christmas it still doesnt work then maybe we need to change.

Despite what Castiron thinks, I dont have an issue with people being pessimistic as it is as much a part of the modern Sky era football now as Friday night games and not just at our club but all clubs but I do think some realism needs applying here sometimes.

some interesting points H and i tend to fall on the side of the pessimist (actually scrap that i am a pessimist when it comes to whu).

I frankly love the optimist's amongst this board, it give me a chink of light that maybe im wrong to be so down about my team every frickin weekend ....and then we are shit again and im back to being an angry pessimist.

i remember not many years ago people talking about how few managers west ham had employed over the past 40 years, it seems we have caught the same bug as many other teams in trying to find a immediate solution to our constant woes.

So im gonna try and get on board with the stick with pelli and try and change the culture of the club. I gotta be honest for a pessimist such as me , im stuck with the possible question of would i take relegation and changing our culture to come back stronger or hoof him and hope to stay in the prem....not much of a choice really.

but lets give a whirl, eveton -0 west ham -6......and the start of something special....(just typing that is already causing me anxiety :D ).
Is it pessimism or is it just the fact that we just go from one disaster to another, and people are just venting there anger at a totally inept board?
0 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Castiron wrote:

some interesting points H and i tend to fall on the side of the pessimist (actually scrap that i am a pessimist when it comes to whu).

I frankly love the optimist's amongst this board, it give me a chink of light that maybe im wrong to be so down about my team every frickin weekend ....and then we are shit again and im back to being an angry pessimist.

i remember not many years ago people talking about how few managers west ham had employed over the past 40 years, it seems we have caught the same bug as many other teams in trying to find a immediate solution to our constant woes.

So im gonna try and get on board with the stick with pelli and try and change the culture of the club. I gotta be honest for a pessimist such as me , im stuck with the possible question of would i take relegation and changing our culture to come back stronger or hoof him and hope to stay in the prem....not much of a choice really.

but lets give a whirl, eveton -0 west ham -6......and the start of something special....(just typing that is already causing me anxiety :D ).
Is it pessimism or is it just the fact that we just go from one disaster to another, and people are just venting there anger at a totally inept board?

wouldnt disagree that they havent covered themselves in glory cast, but and its a big but i certainly didnt see much dissent when they spent 100m pre season, certainly not from me.

Now tho i'm not sure that i've had such a disappointing start to a season when it seemed for once we were on the verge of something pretty special and im not sure we can call pinky and perky out for that.

As people are saying difficult to call it after 4 games.
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Castiron wrote: Is it pessimism or is it just the fact that we just go from one disaster to another, and people are just venting there anger at a totally inept board?

wouldnt disagree that they havent covered themselves in glory cast, but and its a big but i certainly didnt see much dissent when they spent 100m pre season, certainly not from me.

Now tho i'm not sure that i've had such a disappointing start to a season when it seemed for once we were on the verge of something pretty special and im not sure we can call pinky and perky out for that.

As people are saying difficult to call it after 4 games.
Yes mate, perhaps we were so used to them not spending money that when they did, we were all dumbstruck :o
It's amazing how we can be so up one minute and then completely fucking on our knees the next.
I am dissapointed with Wilshere, I really thought he was going to prove a point, but from what I've seen early doors, I'm not sure he has got it in him anymore :cry:
It's just so fucking backward thinking as we have not addressed any of the issues from last season imo.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Hammertime wrote:FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT... with emojiis!!!!

Take your pick....
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 pm

hd1 wrote:

Take your pick....
Number 1. It's good to talk :D
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Funny, the only thing pissing me off, isnt that we have lost our first 4 games, expected nothing much anyway., its the simple things players cant get right that have nothing to do with tactics . We all have our own preferences but Pellegrini is trying to introduce his. With all those new players he needs to find his preference soon cause the players aint got a clue.

Antonios brainless performances.
Cresswells defending
Fernandez aint much better if at all.

Thats what is pissing me off more, not that we lose but we lose with players who cant perform the basics or have anything betwwen their ears.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 pm

eskimo joe wrote:Funny, the only thing pissing me off, isnt that we have lost our first 4 games, expected nothing much anyway., its the simple things players cant get right that have nothing to do with tactics . We all have our own preferences but Pellegrini is trying to introduce his. With all those new players he needs to find his preference soon cause the players aint got a clue.

Antonios brainless performances.
Cresswells defending
Fernandez aint much better if at all.

Thats what is pissing me off more, not that we lose but we lose with players who cant perform the basics or have anything betwwen their ears.
Lack of fight and tempo is my biggest gripe.
Cresswell couldn't even trip Traore up FFS!
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm

hd1 wrote:

Take your pick....

No. 4 (It's got hammers!!!)
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:19 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:

Support means exactly that, not screaming abuse at the players, manager and each other because we have not won the first 4 games, two of which we have only once won both of in the last 50 years. The players look terrified playing at home in front of our supporters
Many clubs refer to the 12th man, by which they mean the support they get from the fans. Our away support has, imo, always bee pretty impressive. There have been odd occasions over the years,like Lyall's last match at Liverpool when our most successful manager ever took the most fearful dogs abuse (undeserved), and a 6-0 hammering at Reading when a rousing chorus about not being fit to wear the shirt ( well deserved) came down from our support. But overall considering some of the crap performances our travelling support has had to endure the away fans are a credit to themselves. Both in numbers and support.

Sadly the same can't be said of our home support, and it's not just a new stadium thing either. I noticed from my seat in the West Stand at UP that season after season the amount of general impatience and abuse towards particular players was increasing year by year. Some people seemed to be waiting for the first misplaced pass, or missed chance so they could start complaining. I don't go any more. in part because of that, but from what I gather that level of criticism has carried on post move. So the 12th man, instead of encouraging our team, have become in many games an asset to the visitors.
Couldn't agree more about the away support,well put Whisky.COYI
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:14 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Many clubs refer to the 12th man, by which they mean the support they get from the fans. Our away support has, imo, always bee pretty impressive. There have been odd occasions over the years,like Lyall's last match at Liverpool when our most successful manager ever took the most fearful dogs abuse (undeserved), and a 6-0 hammering at Reading when a rousing chorus about not being fit to wear the shirt ( well deserved) came down from our support. But overall considering some of the crap performances our travelling support has had to endure the away fans are a credit to themselves. Both in numbers and support.

Sadly the same can't be said of our home support, and it's not just a new stadium thing either. I noticed from my seat in the West Stand at UP that season after season the amount of general impatience and abuse towards particular players was increasing year by year. Some people seemed to be waiting for the first misplaced pass, or missed chance so they could start complaining. I don't go any more. in part because of that, but from what I gather that level of criticism has carried on post move. So the 12th man, instead of encouraging our team, have become in many games an asset to the visitors.
Couldn't agree more about the away support,well put Whisky.COYI
Its been asked what is the difference between a fan and a supporter, maybe H69 just answered that question once and for all.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.