Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: Everton - How would you line us up?

Post by punkrockhammer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:Okay, we've discussed the previous four games to death, along with Pelle's "jolly" back in Chile, as well as Sakho's choice of parking spot for his motor, so let's look to the Everton game.

So, how would you line us up if you had the choice? I know that there's next to no way Pelle would go with this, but I wouldn't mind seeing this kind of formation and line up being given a chance...
We would be absolutely murdered with that line up
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:14 pm

12121 wrote:---------------------------------Fabianski-------------------------------------

------------ Diop ---------------Balbuena-----------------Ogbonna----------

Zabaletta------------------------------------------------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Sanchez---Noble----Obiang----------------------------

---------------------------------Snodgrass----------------------------------------

-------------------------------Arnautovic------------------------------------------

It's a unambitious, champion-esque team with players not up to the PL, but, this is the team to play at this moment in time with the players at our disposal.

It won't show the correct positions when posted but it t is obviously 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs.
How will we create chances with that team? And what is Snod the snails role?

You have 3 holding mid players and 5 at the back LOL
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 12121 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:00 pm

IronsForever wrote:
12121 wrote:---------------------------------Fabianski-------------------------------------

------------ Diop ---------------Balbuena-----------------Ogbonna----------

Zabaletta------------------------------------------------------------Cresswell

----------------------------Sanchez---Noble----Obiang----------------------------

---------------------------------Snodgrass----------------------------------------

-------------------------------Arnautovic------------------------------------------

It's a unambitious, champion-esque team with players not up to the PL, but, this is the team to play at this moment in time with the players at our disposal.

It won't show the correct positions when posted but it t is obviously 3 centre halves and 2 wing backs.

Mate, you are a bit naive.
If we don't stop conceding we get no points.

Snodgrass is in that position because he has discipline and has created far more this season than Yarmolenko, Antonio and Anderson.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:45 am

12121 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

Snodgrass is in that position because he has discipline and has created far more this season than Yarmolenko, Antonio and Anderson.
I'd love to hear a few instances of what Snod has created. No rush!!
0 x

Post by 12121 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am

IronsForever wrote:
12121 wrote:

You obviously didn't watch the Wimbledon game, the only one we've won, where he was far and away our best player.

I am not digging you out as many 'fans' struggle to have a current opinion on players and just revert to the pack mentality. Common for the common fan.
Please start to watch games with no determined opinion on players.
0 x

garnett

Post by garnett » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:46 am

Are we getting into Alladyce country, defend properly and counter attack, respect the point ?
Is that such a bad option against a bogey team ?

Granted its not what anyone of us wants to see, but I fear the Old Bloke may have overestimated us, tried to get us running when we were barely walking as a squad, poor poor pre season also another factor.
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 am

Taansend wrote:Even though the Wolves game was shite I was half pleased that we were going to keep a clean sheet at last.

Then we got Sanchezed.

But I'd keep him in. You all make mistakes. I don't, but you all do.

Flappyhandski
Zab Doowop General Cresswell
Sanchez Noble Obiang
Arnie Chicharito Anderson

Don't bomb forward too much. Play a possession game. Respect the Point :D
I'd probably swap Rice for Obiang and Yarmalenko for Chicharito but otherwise reasonable. One things for sure, Antonio shouldn't be starting
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 am

12121 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
You obviously didn't watch the Wimbledon game, the only one we've won, where he was far and away our best player.

I am not digging you out as many 'fans' struggle to have a current opinion on players and just revert to the pack mentality. Common for the common fan.
HA HA HA AH . What a funny gimp you are!!
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:29 am

Lets find a balanced team!!

.....................................................Flappy...........................................

Zabby.............................Balbuena........................Diop......................Masuaku...
...................................................Rice Obiang...............................
..............................................................Whileshire...........................................
............................Antonio......................................................Anderson.................
........................................................Arnie......................................................

The system is called. " Triple A Offensive " Whilshire and Anderson have free roles. Cover in the form of Rice and Obiang. Antonio uses his pace down the right. Whilshire in the no.10 role
0 x

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:04 am

IronsForever wrote:
12121 wrote:

HA HA HA AH . What a funny gimp you are!!
that is quite funny, old twelve thousand one hundred and twenty one, does have a turn of phrase ....oh and id class myself as a common fan as oppose to an uber fan i guess, ill try not express a 'determined opinion'.
0 x

Social Media