Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Re: Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:04 am

FlatCapDave wrote:That win was made even sweeter by the fact that it was on Sky, and that they had went about their business in their usual manner when it comes to West Ham.

David Moyes in studio, being asked a load of questions like "if you had some of that 100 million to spend David, would you have fucked it up on a load of duds like Pelle did? Or would you have been more sensible, knowing your place as little West Ham manager and opted not to try and rise above your station?"

"No, I would have gone about it differently. We knew the defence wasn't right, so I'd have tried to sort that out."

Yeah, nice one Dave. You do know we've bought a French under 21 international who looks the fucking business, don't you? And the lad Balbuena hasn't looked too bad since signing, has he?

You'd have likely been shopping for the usual shite, and considering you spent almost ten million on Jordan fucking Hugill let's just all be thankful that you didn't get "some of that 100 million to spend."

There's a reason why Pellegrini is being paid nearly twenty times what you were on, and why you're alternating between punditry jobs and riding the New York metro in your spare time.

The whole pre-match show was geared towards us collapsing and losing this game, so they could talk about how much of a forward-thinking go-getter Marco Silva is, and how West Ham are shite.
Sky are a contemptible bunch of cunts.

I recently switched to BT so was able to watch the bacon-dodgers lose in the last 5 minutes after dominating the game last night and really felt for them. :lol:

Unfortunately, they too are Bindipper apologists. Everything the perennial victims do is laced with gold and has been since Sky took over English football. And for Sky there are always clubs in meltdown of which West Ham are their favourite. Sure, they gave Everton themselves air-time last season after a bad start having spent a fortune, but not to the extent they're obsessed with us. And when Shrek took over, their all-time bestest mate, Jim White was practically wanking himself into a stupor live on tv.

Now that Natalie Sawyer isn't on the screen I rarely watch Sky.

Not that after one game we're suddenly top 6 material because we're not, but there's nothing like making a crisis out of a drama.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:14 am

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
You are right. And Chelsea will probably create more opportunities. But just as most of us didn't become suicidal after the first 4 games I don't think too many believe everything in the garden is rosy after yesterday.
Aha a balanced view on a , maybe , now balanced team .
These naysayers will come round .
Keep it up young man ;)
OK pops. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:23 am

palerider wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:That win was made even sweeter by the fact that it was on Sky, and that they had went about their business in their usual manner when it comes to West Ham.

David Moyes in studio, being asked a load of questions like "if you had some of that 100 million to spend David, would you have fucked it up on a load of duds like Pelle did? Or would you have been more sensible, knowing your place as little West Ham manager and opted not to try and rise above your station?"

"No, I would have gone about it differently. We knew the defence wasn't right, so I'd have tried to sort that out."

Yeah, nice one Dave. You do know we've bought a French under 21 international who looks the fucking business, don't you? And the lad Balbuena hasn't looked too bad since signing, has he?

You'd have likely been shopping for the usual shite, and considering you spent almost ten million on Jordan fucking Hugill let's just all be thankful that you didn't get "some of that 100 million to spend."

There's a reason why Pellegrini is being paid nearly twenty times what you were on, and why you're alternating between punditry jobs and riding the New York metro in your spare time.

The whole pre-match show was geared towards us collapsing and losing this game, so they could talk about how much of a forward-thinking go-getter Marco Silva is, and how West Ham are shite.

I recently switched to BT so was able to watch the bacon-dodgers lose in the last 5 minutes after dominating the game last night and really felt for them. :lol:

Unfortunately, they too are Bindipper apologists. Everything the perennial victims do is laced with gold and has been since Sky took over English football. And for Sky there are always clubs in meltdown of which West Ham are their favourite. Sure, they gave Everton themselves air-time last season after a bad start having spent a fortune, but not to the extent they're obsessed with us. And when Shrek took over, their all-time bestest mate, Jim White was practically wanking himself into a stupor live on tv.

Not that after one game we're suddenly top 6 material because we're not, but there's nothing like making a crisis out of a drama.
Enough of this Sky bashing my good man. It has always been thus. I remember when football on TV consisted of highklights on Saturday night on the Beeb and Sunday lunchtime ish on ITV. There were so called crises then as well. Only just like today they weren't really crises, just a club going through a bad patch.

The only difference between then and now is that Sky and BT are much better at marketing and presenting these "crises" than BBC and ITV were.

No, we need some perspective. A crisis is when the beer runs out at a party and the local offy has just closed for the night. Try dealing with that and keep smiling Jim White.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:30 am

palerider wrote:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:04 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
palerider wrote: Sky are a contemptible bunch of cunts.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So that's where she's ended up.

I hadn't realised.

Anyone would think I was stalking Natalie of 278 Worple Road Isleworth.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:09 am

palerider wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So that's where she's ended up.

I hadn't realised.

I wouldn't know about that but she lives in Ealing...
0 x

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:11 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
palerider wrote: So that's where she's ended up.

I hadn't realised.

I wouldn't know about that but she lives in Ealing...
What days does she hang her washing out ?
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am

palerider wrote:
BlackDiamond wrote: I wouldn't know about that but she lives in Ealing...
What days does she hang her washing out ?
TODAY

Am I at the right house?
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:32 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
palerider wrote: What days does she hang her washing out ?
TODAY

Am I at the right house?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Social Media