Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Everton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:13 am

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I believe it refers to Mr Wilshere and the length of time he spent being pushed around in one whilst at Arsenal.
Aaaah, I get it now. I was thinking Carroll :D

While I think Wilshere is a good signing he hasn't done anything just yet so I see his absence as a plus (for now).

Chicharito is out too so I suppose MY team would be something like....

Keeper
Zab Diop General Cresswell
Noble Sanchez
Yam Anderson Antonio
Arnie

Although dropping Antonio & moving Anderson there while bringing in Perez to play ahead of Arnie is an idea that I think would work but probably would be shit :lol:
I know I'm in a minority, probably a minority of 1, but I would play Obiang. I certainly agree with you about starting Yarmolenko, and also playing Anderson more centrally. I wouldn't include Antonio though, unless he could be found a job collecting the jockstraps. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

grandad

Post by grandad » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:30 am

Would never bet against us but even money Everton is a great price.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:51 am

Well lets hope the boys do their job Sunday and we finally get a result to get the season started , but just cannot see it with anything Pellegrini is going to pick in the middle of the park . Noble , Wilshire are just not doing it , which is no surprise , Obiang when on just doesnt do anything for me or the team , that leaves Rice and Sanchez , who I would pick . Yes we still havnt found our best setup yet , should Anderson play on the left or in the middle , should Arnautovic play up front or just behind or on the left , should Perez play up front or just behind . And who should play on the right Antonio or Yarmolenko , just not Snodgrass . And then we still have Masuaku who could play on the left because he aint no Left Back . I think the only position we dont really have concerns is in goal , which was a position many thought should have been left in the hands of Adrian .
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 am

Clayton wrote:Well lets hope the boys do their job Sunday and we finally get a result to get the season started , but just cannot see it with anything Pellegrini is going to pick in the middle of the park . Noble , Wilshire are just not doing it , which is no surprise , Obiang when on just doesnt do anything for me or the team , that leaves Rice and Sanchez , who I would pick . Yes we still havnt found our best setup yet , should Anderson play on the left or in the middle , should Arnautovic play up front or just behind or on the left , should Perez play up front or just behind . And who should play on the right Antonio or Yarmolenko , just not Snodgrass . And then we still have Masuaku who could play on the left because he aint no Left Back . I think the only position we dont really have concerns is in goal , which was a position many thought should have been left in the hands of Adrian .
I agree that Obiang last season did nothing to justify his inclusion, but the same could be said about the whole of our midfield imo. However imo the Obiang of 16/17 was arguably one of our best players that season. It does appear however that Pellegrini doesn't rate him because we've only seen him for 45 minutes in the Mickey Mouse cup. I said at the start of the season I would play Rice & Obiang along with Wilshere in midfield. Although when I said that I hoped Wuilshere would provide a bit of flair and imagination which has so far been totally lacking from his performances.

So I guess we'll have to see what information leaks out, won't we. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 am

Considering they have 2 hundred and 30 players out through injuries and suspensions we might have a chance of picking something up, no?
They will have a makeshift midfield and their offensive players who have been dangerous are not there.
If we lose this one it will be worse than the Wolves game because Everton have 11 players out!!!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 am

All our Midfielders aren't shit....you have to find a way of playing them together...
IMO if you play Wishere you play him with 2 others,he needs a free role not being tied
down defensively...help out yes but not his main role....
The Way Peller sets up he is better off not playing him,and having 2 from Rice/Nobes/Obiang
Sanchez in and dropping Anderson deeper in a Lanzini type role....the sides unbalanced.

If you go with 2 in midfield they most both be able to play a holding role,its not jacks game,
that's why we're not seeing the best of him.

Have a feeling he'll change it tomorrow ,has to at some point,before its to late,and give
it a few games.......Pellers first set up was 3 in the middle.....why did he drop it after
one game,in fact after 45 mins..........Snod for Rice...

Baffles me.......not hard I know...... :lol:
0 x

garnett

Post by garnett » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:00 am

Morning,
Been pondering the result for a couple of days now, I`ve plumped for a 2 - 1 win for us but not at all confident.
I`m hoping reports of Everton having an injury crisis are true, we need all the help we can get, but what turned my opinion was The Old Blokes press release, a mini rant, not an experiment, tried and tested formula bla bla bla.

I`m hoping the squad have worked their bollocks off this week, listened to The Old Blokes words of wisdom and are prepared to put bodies on the line for the cause.

Here`s hoping whufc_crest
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

IronsForever wrote:Considering they have 2 hundred and 30 players out through injuries and suspensions we might have a chance of picking something up, no?
They will have a makeshift midfield and their offensive players who have been dangerous are not there.
If we lose this one it will be worse than the Wolves game because Everton have 11 players out!!!
You are right.With all them players out,we should pick up something,but we are West Ham,so I wouldn`t hold your breath ;)
0 x

TargetMan

Post by TargetMan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am

We can do it! I believe in the boys for tomorrow.

whufc_crest COME ON YOU IRONS whufc_crest
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:26 pm

Spuds loose to start off a good weekend.
Settle down tomorrow afternoon and watch us get off and Running ;)
0 x

Social Media