West Ham’s rent doesn’t even cover match day costs

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham’s rent doesn’t even cover match day costs

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor?

By being a government quango with no accountability to anyone

Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor and not get one?

As above, and add by not being very good at your job.

Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor, not get one; but still keep your job?

Have you EVER heard of government appointees being dismissed for incompetence ?
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor?

By being a government quango with no accountability to anyone

Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor and not get one?

As above, and add by not being very good at your job.

Flairon wrote:How on earth do you spend £450,000 of tax payers money looking for a sponsor, not get one; but still keep your job?

Have you EVER heard of government appointees being dismissed for incompetence ?

If you are high up on the ladder,whether in Government or business,and you muck up,you still get a massive pay out. :roll:
0 x

aaronhammer

Postby aaronhammer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:16 am

The war of words continues. The LLDC have made public a response to a West Ham press release:
https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default ... 918pdf.pdf

The BBC have run an article on it (in their normal ‘impartial’ way:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/te ... ham-united

Martin Samuel (fed by the board - not just on match days it seems) has written an article which does help show the incompetence of the stadium owners:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... money.html

What a petty shambles this is, costing us as West Ham fans (both with reputation damage and also those who visit the stadium with simple things not being done which could improve it) and also taxpayers with millions being spunked away when it could be invested in much better areas.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:12 am

1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

aaronhammer

Postby aaronhammer » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Apparently we have refused to retract our comments as requested, and have stuck the boot in again!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45485751

We can all hate Brady but I have to say I make her right on this one.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:17 pm

aaronhammer wrote:Apparently we have refused to retract our comments as requested, and have stuck the boot in again!

The statement that the LLDC is running at a loss because of the low rent West Ham are paying may well be true, or it may be a load of bollocks, although I suspect one of the reasons is the amount they keep throwing away on losing court cases and the 250k per annum salary they pay to Lyn Garner.

But true or not surely the blame lies with the LLDC's original negotiators who regally fucked up and were duly taken to the cleaners by Karren Brady. Say what you like about her but she is one hell of a businesswoman and, imo, we are lucky to have her on board, bearing in mind who our owners are and their, errrr ability, to negotiate. I wouldn't even bet against her in a head to head with Daniel Levy tbh.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
aaronhammer wrote:Apparently we have refused to retract our comments as requested, and have stuck the boot in again!

The statement that the LLDC is running at a loss because of the low rent West Ham are paying may well be true, or it may be a load of bollocks, although I suspect one of the reasons is the amount they keep throwing away on losing court cases and the 250k per annum salary they pay to Lyn Garner.

But true or not surely the blame lies with the LLDC's original negotiators who regally fucked up and were duly taken to the cleaners by Karren Brady. Say what you like about her but she is one hell of a businesswoman and, imo, we are lucky to have her on board, bearing in mind who our owners are and their, errrr ability, to negotiate. I wouldn't even bet against her in a head to head with Daniel Levy tbh.

Now Whiskey...I read that too fast and now have a picture in my mind of Baroness Brady giving head to Daniel Levy....ffs don't let Brooke bonds see this he will be at it again.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Now Whiskey...I read that too fast and now have a picture in my mind of Baroness Brady giving head to Daniel Levy....ffs don't let Brooke bonds see this he will be at it again.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now now Andy. That is not a pleasant image you are conjuring up.

Btw have you found me a striker yet? ;)
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:

To be honest they have some great little players here, but they all want to be the next Neymar and as I watch them trying to dribble the entire team I think they would never suit the English game....my favorite war cry here is ...For Fucks Sake pass the ball.....but as they don't understand one word of English it just goes straight over the little darlings heads....my youngster on the other hand plays the European way but he plays defensive midfied...for Santos...but does hold a British Passport although he has only been there a handful of times....and the right age group for you.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:06 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

To be honest they have some great little players here, but they all want to be the next Neymar and as I watch them trying to dribble the entire team I think they would never suit the English game....my favorite war cry here is ...For Fucks Sake pass the ball.....but as they don't understand one word of English it just goes straight over the little darlings heads....my youngster on the other hand plays the European way but he plays defensive midfied...for Santos...but does hold a British Passport although he has only been there a handful of times....and the right age group for you.

Good luck to him in his career mate. If he ends up even half as good as Casemiro he'll be a hell of a good defensive midfielder. But it's strikers I need otherwise I don't think my suit will get an airing on finals day this year. :lol:
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”