West Ham’s rent doesn’t even cover match day costs

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham’s rent doesn’t even cover match day costs

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Of course. And black, muslim, gay, disabled and a shameless interfering fucking busybody, determined to impose their will on the rest of us. All apparently pre requisites for positions in the public sector. A bit like those cunts who insist on keeping the fucking TV licence to enable the BBC to produce programmes that nobody actually watches but which, we are told, are good for us, because THEY say so. ;)
The fuckers knocked on my door and asked if we had a licence for the T.V. I told them no, and i dont watch BBC, and dont like being dictated to what i can or cant watch. , in fact its not even tuned into the channel. He told me it didnt matter still needed a licence, and asked to come in. I refused cause he couldnt do nothing unless the T,V was proved to be working or on at the time. Didnt hear a thing afterwards.
Quite correct. They have no right of entry unless you give them permission. I do have a TV licence, or to give the fucking thing it's proper title, a broadcast receiving licence, and tbh I am probably a silly cunt for paying it. But a couple of years or so ago when I decided to try a gain a bit of notoriety by not renewing the bloody thing Mrs W gave me the faulty TV treatment until I relented.

I'm sure you know it Joe. Picture's fine but the sound is fucked.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
The fuckers knocked on my door and asked if we had a licence for the T.V. I told them no, and i dont watch BBC, and dont like being dictated to what i can or cant watch. , in fact its not even tuned into the channel. He told me it didnt matter still needed a licence, and asked to come in. I refused cause he couldnt do nothing unless the T,V was proved to be working or on at the time. Didnt hear a thing afterwards.
Quite correct. They have no right of entry unless you give them permission. I do have a TV licence, or to give the fucking thing it's proper title, a broadcast receiving licence, and tbh I am probably a silly cunt for paying it. But a couple of years or so ago when I decided to try a gain a bit of notoriety by not renewing the bloody thing Mrs W gave me the faulty TV treatment until I relented.

I'm sure you know it Joe. Picture's fine but the sound is fucked.
should have told her you were going to spend her house keep on lip reading lessons
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
ToneLoc wrote: The chairperson of the the steering committee will be blind of course.
Of course. And black, muslim, gay, disabled and a shameless interfering fucking busybody, determined to impose their will on the rest of us. All apparently pre requisites for positions in the public sector. A bit like those cunts who insist on keeping the fucking TV licence to enable the BBC to produce programmes that nobody actually watches but which, we are told, are good for us, because THEY say so. ;)
I love reading a good rant :lol:
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:02 pm

It's easy enough to opt out of the TV licence.
I don't take too much offence at paying it. I watch and enjoy some BBC shows, so that's fair enough in my book.
What I do object to is the tone of the letters they send. Demands with threats rather than polite reminders.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.