Moyes. In retrospect

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: Moyes. In retrospect

Post by Taansend » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Taansend wrote:
I thought most didn't taste Kouyate? I spent a lot of time defending him on here.
Taste Kouyate ? Fuck me mate I hope you've destroyed the negatives. ;) Or whatever else has to be destroyed in the digital age.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell, the swype on my phone did a good one that time :?
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Taansend wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Taste Kouyate ? Fuck me mate I hope you've destroyed the negatives. ;) Or whatever else has to be destroyed in the digital age.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell, the swype on my phone did a good one that time :?
Blame it on that Belgian Manc. Marouane Fellatio. ;)
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

hammerwell75

Post by hammerwell75 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
hammerwell75 wrote: Mind you a lot of posters wanted Moyes to go come the end of his contract too and be replaced by a more exciting Manager , many as I recall wanted Rafa , how well are Newcastle doing ?
There's a lot of negativity around the club at the moment and TBH it's understandable , but we've got to try and pull ourselves through it the best we can . We are West Ham and it is not like it's anything new for us to be in this position but at least we still got time to make it good . A win on Sunday will be a good start and we can then go from there . whufc_crest
Imo Rafa Benitez is a very good manager. His track record proves it doesn't it ? But I did have a chuckle at some of the posts demanding gung ho attacking football, overseen by the same Rafa Benitez. David Moyes is Benitez lite. Benitez always gets the defensive part of the game right first but, unlike Moyes, until he took the Newcastle gig he's always had the funds to bring in the right type of midfielders and strikers to complete the jigsaw. Anyone who saw Newcastle's recent home game with Chelsea will realise that he set up his Newcastle side far more defensively than we did against the same opposition last season.

I agree and I also like Rafa , but I can't help but wonder if any of these " so called top managers " could build a title winning / challenging team from scratch & within the time of a season .

I guess it's fairly easy to go into a well established club and only have to add one or two more good players while having the funds to do so , but it's not really been the case here nor at the Barcodes. So i guess had he of come instead of Pellergrini , we could possibly still be in the same position as we are now, maybe a point or two better off but no where near breaking into the top 6 in the first season .

I guess the point I was trying to make is , we don't know where Pellergrini will take us yet and certainly can't be judged by the first four games of the season . Some have already wrote us off as well as the manager & new signings . We seem to forget that we are starting / trying to build our club up from scratch and that will always take time and patience , things will go wrong and we have to learn by our mistakes in the process.

I'm actually excited about it and the journey TBH , I'm sure we will come good soon and continue to build as a club . For years we've found ourselves in this kinda position and having a relegation battle before the season starts , finally this season we've got a Manager who can attract more decent players than we normally would of got . We just have to learn to have some patience and support our team through out the good and the bad . whufc_crest
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:19 am

goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

I for one totally agree. We have brought in 9 new players, why, because we had to. The damage was done over the last few seasons not upgrading on what we had. There was never any real competition for places and the players were aware of this and became complacent. Are the players Mr P has brought in an upgrade, in my opinion yes. The back four last year of Zabba, Ginge, Ogbonna and Evra had an average age of 32. 5 years, this year, Fredericks, Diop, Balbuena and Arthur average 24 years the midfield additions of Anderson and Yabba look promising, Flappy has done well and I still feel that Jack can and will improve. Sanchez might be knocking on but knows the DM position and feel that he was bought as a stop gap until maybe the Jan window or summer to bring in a really decent one.We now have a decent basis and Mr P has just got to get them all pulling in the right direction, which I have no doubt he will achieve. The season has gone exactly how I thought it might, although frustrating its not thew end of the world quite yet and we really should not be judging the players or the management to harshly after 4 games. It would be nice to get a point or three on Sunday just to give the team and supporters a little confidence. We still have a chance of nicking points the next two games after Everton at home, Chelsea and a very beatable Man Utd team. Onwards and upwards now folks there is light at the end of the tunnel.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 am

andyginbrasil wrote:goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

I for one totally agree. We have brought in 9 new players, why, because we had to. The damage was done over the last few seasons not upgrading on what we had. There was never any real competition for places and the players were aware of this and became complacent. Are the players Mr P has brought in an upgrade, in my opinion yes. The back four last year of Zabba, Ginge, Ogbonna and Evra had an average age of 32. 5 years, this year, Fredericks, Diop, Balbuena and Arthur average 24 years the midfield additions of Anderson and Yabba look promising, Flappy has done well and I still feel that Jack can and will improve. Sanchez might be knocking on but knows the DM position and feel that he was bought as a stop gap until maybe the Jan window or summer to bring in a really decent one.We now have a decent basis and Mr P has just got to get them all pulling in the right direction, which I have no doubt he will achieve. The season has gone exactly how I thought it might, although frustrating its not thew end of the world quite yet and we really should not be judging the players or the management to harshly after 4 games. It would be nice to get a point or three on Sunday just to give the team and supporters a little confidence. We still have a chance of nicking points the next two games after Everton at home, Chelsea and a very beatable Man Utd team. Onwards and upwards now folks there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Any team is beatable Andy. But whilst I respect your optimism I have seen nothing so far in our games against Bournemouth & Wolves (also beatable imo) to suggest we can expect too many points at home with far too many in the crowd just waiting for the first mistake so that they can start moaning.

Our best performance, at least imo, was at Arsenal where for a large part of the game we looked half decent and could, with better finishing, have got a result. Our away support, as always, was magnificent. Sadly the same cannot be said about the backing the team gets at home.

Last season's Burnley game pretty much summed it up. We could and should have been comfortably leading at half time but we weren't. Burnley scored and the rest, as they say, is history.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:51 am

andyginbrasil wrote:goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)

Great post Andy !

I agree with you and I also see this as a long term project and also with the points Whisky makes. In actual fact, I still think we as fans have as big a part to play as the players and the board.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:37 pm

As we in retrospect, we lost 4-0 last season to Everton under Moyes.

Enough said.
0 x

IRON-MAN ⚒

Post by IRON-MAN ⚒ » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:04 am

lets put it this way we are just 2 points off the relegation zone :D ;)
0 x
BA14 TO E13 SINCE 85. whufc_crest

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:29 am

In retrospect glorious...

https://youtu.be/Ao5360-V3Ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Towie

Post by Towie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:08 am

Does anyone still want Moyes back now?

Would they prefer the Pelle way yesterday or the moyes way of last season?
0 x