Moyes. In retrospect

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Moyes. In retrospect

Postby palerider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 am

Whiskyman out.
3 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:33 am

palerider wrote:Whiskyman out.

You do realise I've given the dwarf a massive get out of jail card if it does go belly up don't you ?

Wasn't my fault guv, some silly cunt on a football forum mentioned Pellegrini's name and little Jack said, "why not dad"
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

palerider

Postby palerider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:36 am

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote:Whiskyman out.

You do realise I've given the dwarf a massive get out of jail card if it does go belly up don't you ?

Wasn't my fault guv, some silly cunt on a football forum mentioned Pellegrini's name and little Jack said, "why not dad"

If it does go belly up, look upon it like those futures traders who give up the pressure to run a sheep farm in the Hebrides for much less money but much less stress.

And.........breathe.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:46 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

If it does go belly up, look upon it like those futures traders who give up the pressure to run a sheep farm in the Hebrides for much less money but much less stress.

And.........breathe.

But I have no interest in, or knowledge of, sheep. Btw why is the plural of sheep, sheep ? That in itself is very silly. Surely it should be Sheeps, or maybe Shoop.

But I digress. Neither do I have any intention of leaving the leafy domicile of Welwyn Garden City to resettle in the fucking Hebrides, Inner or Outer. Living on some rocky outcrop surrounded by assorted sea fowls, crapping all over my car, assuming such devices are allowed there, and being obliged to wear thermal waterproof clothing in the middle of summer somehow doesn't appeal.

No, if it goes belly up I shall handle the inevitable flak with dignified stoicism.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:15 am

Mikeveep wrote:Was he so bad?

A lot of people were happy with him.

By some,he was the dog given a bad name before he'd even gone through the gate.

I was "careful what I wished for".

Was the right person to take over when he did and he did a good job considering what he had to work with but it was right to replace him after the end of season.

Got the best out of Arnie and I will always be thankful for that.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Postby brookingslovechild » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:27 am

Whiskyman wrote:Just so the "Pellegrini outers" can pillory the right person. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8395&p=147692&hilit=Pellegrini#p147692

i fuckin knew it was an inside job whisky.. i hope your proud :lol:
1 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Well, I've looked at his reign, and players available to him, and for the life of me can't see how any other manager could have regularly produced better results, or produced more entertainment.

He had to live with the same static midfield as his predecessors and remember that our one creative player Lanzini, when available, was always recovering from the last injury.

And he had little or no money to improve or personalise the team during his one window.

It was only when it was known that he was joining us that I was hearing, on here, how he was in the same category as Sam,Pullis and Warnock. Unfairly tarred with that brush by fans disgruntled because we didnt get a glamorous "face", despite the previous guy who fitted that bill failing completely.
0 x

LondonWelsh

Postby LondonWelsh » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:53 pm

I'll tell you without a question of a doubt if Moyes was in charge this season we wouldn't be bottom of the PL with 4 defeats! But we all wanted an attacking, progressive manager with a foreign accent other than Scottish and we've got what we've wished for. To get the gain we've got to suffer the pain so we better get used to this shite until Manuel eventually turns it around....maybe in the new year when Lanzini's back?
Last edited by LondonWelsh on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:29 pm

Mikeveep wrote:And he had little or no money to improve or personalise the team during his one window.

And yet, the little money he did have he blew on Jordan fucking Hugill. That's a sackable offence in itself.

There's a reason why Moyes is touting himself for a job, any fucking job, in America with an MLS "franchise" and hasn't been snapped up by even a Championship side here.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:06 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
Mikeveep wrote:And he had little or no money to improve or personalise the team during his one window.

And yet, the little money he did have he blew on Jordan fucking Hugill. That's a sackable offence in itself.

There's a reason why Moyes is touting himself for a job, any fucking job, in America with an MLS "franchise" and hasn't been snapped up by even a Championship side here.

That was, to say the least, a very odd signing. One has to wonder if it was another FIFA18 acquisition, decided upon in a bedroom near you.

If you happen to live in Theydon Bois that is.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”