12.5k fans missing each game

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

12.5k fans missing each game

Postby redhammer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 am

Interesting article on the BBC who did a FOI request for Premier League clubs attendances and surprise, surpsise, it is West Ham who are the main focus once again. Figures show on average (for 12 matches) that there is 12.5k less fans attending than what the club declare.

We all know the club declare the tickets sold, but interesting to see just how many don't show up. Less than 40k at the West Brom game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878
0 x

wokinghama

Re: 12.5k fans missing each game

Postby wokinghama » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:36 am

Interesting Geo.

We’ve all seen the empty seats at most games except the bigger games, but I didn’t realise it was as much as that!

I have heard so many people say that if it wasn’t for the boats, they probably wouldn’t attend half the games that they do.

And what’s the waiting list for ST’s again?!

Still on the bright side, we are top of the league in something :roll:
0 x
Chim Chimeney

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:48 am

YET another negative for the club.

When are our fans going to get good news? :(
0 x

Dagger

Postby Dagger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:51 am

I know of 5 guys who have season tickets at our place as they are cheap and go up for a jolly every couple of games, they are based around Dorset all old WBA supporters who will only attend for the big games

should imagine that many more do the same if cash is not a problem

different strokes for different folks I suppose
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:53 am

Even for the local derby games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we couldn't fill the stadium.....that wouldn't of happened at UP
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:56 am

terrya1965 wrote:YET another negative for the club.

When are our fans going to get good news? :(

I know 2 people who had seats near me when I had my ST for our first season in the stadium who had extra ST's. One had just 1 extra but the other bloke had 3 extra. They said they were for friends and relatives. They may well be but I bet there are a great many people who thought they could cash in on the relatively cheap prices for some tickets in the hope of making a killing for the bigger games.

And if I know a couple of people who have spares I can only guess how many others have them as well. Which is bad news for anyone who actually is on the waiting list, if indeed there is a waiting list of course. ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:57 am

andyginbrasil wrote:Even for the local derby games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we couldn't fill the stadium.....that wouldn't of happened at UP

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't. But don't you think the extra 20 thousand odd extra seats have got something to do with that. ;)

In any case I thought both those games were a near sell out. Certainly not as many empty seats as is usually the case as far as I saw.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Doombar

Postby Doombar » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:32 pm

was there a scheme implemented that you had to attend a certain amount of games or lose your season ticket or is this another urban legend.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Doombar wrote:was there a scheme implemented that you had to attend a certain amount of games or lose your season ticket or is this another urban legend.

Miss 7 and the club can deny you renewing but selling it via the ticket exchange counts as attending

Going by the slow uptake of STs this summer and the stories we have heard (people just ringing and getting one) then I would imagine the club won't use this, as long as the 'person' has the cash, do they care if they attend?

At Upton Park a match going fan might have been worth £5 on average (programme/catering) or something but now with catering handed over and the programmes slowing down, I doubt the club give a fuck as the fan is probably worth 50p on average to the clubs bottom line now (obviously this isn't counting ticket price).
1 x

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:26 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Even for the local derby games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we couldn't fill the stadium.....that wouldn't of happened at UP

Article said about 11,000 missing for the Chelsea game! From memory it finished 1-0 and was a night game. Kinda turned our season around a bit too, shame we didn't beat Arsenal at home the next home game...chicharito missed a good chance....
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”