12.5k fans missing each game

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 12.5k fans missing each game

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:48 pm

redhammer wrote:
Doombar wrote:was there a scheme implemented that you had to attend a certain amount of games or lose your season ticket or is this another urban legend.

Miss 7 and the club can deny you renewing but selling it via the ticket exchange counts as attending

The tickets are still electronic I assume so surely if a ticket is used there is no way of telling if it is the registered holder using it or someone who has borrowed it for the day.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

hd1

Postby hd1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:13 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Even for the local derby games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we couldn't fill the stadium.....that wouldn't of happened at UP

Alfiehammer wrote:Article said about 11,000 missing for the Chelsea game! From memory it finished 1-0 and was a night game. Kinda turned our season around a bit too, shame we didn't beat Arsenal at home the next home game...chicharito missed a good chance....

I'm calling bullshit on that Chelsea game, no way was there that many missing
1 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:07 pm

its been like that for ages
ive been a few times and theres sometimes lots of empty seats around the stadium but sometimes there ain't but when you look at the attendance there near enough always the same
i suppose when we play macclesfield you will get a true attendance as they will count the tickets sold but then will everybody who has brought a ticket attend and will they allow for that
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 am

Man U tickets still on general sale....

0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:18 am

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Even for the local derby games against the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal we couldn't fill the stadium.....that wouldn't of happened at UP

Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't. But don't you think the extra 20 thousand odd extra seats have got something to do with that. ;)

In any case I thought both those games were a near sell out. Certainly not as many empty seats as is usually the case as far as I saw.

Going back quite a few years to the old turn style system at Upton. Countless times they would let 2 in as one and get bung a fiver. 35 thousand was more like 38. and 38 was 40.
Was in the chicken run as a nipper and the steward pulled me over the barrier and i sat that side because the gate guys let to many in.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am

ToneLoc wrote:Man U tickets still on general sale....

Does seat " 222 " come with a telescope?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am

IronsForever wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Man U tickets still on general sale....

Does seat " 222 " come with a telescope?

That's the away end isn't it?
Where, from up there they seem to have no problem making a noise and connecting with their team.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 am

Not a bad thing really,at least we have fucked the fair weather support off,and as a Claret member I've had the chance to go to the London derbies,instead of some disinterested corporate.COYI
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am

Baddowhammer wrote:Not a bad thing really,at least we have fucked the fair weather support off,and as a Claret member I've had the chance to go to the London derbies,instead of some disinterested corporate.COYI

There's been fair weather?
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:Not a bad thing really,at least we have fucked the fair weather support off,and as a Claret member I've had the chance to go to the London derbies,instead of some disinterested corporate.COYI

There's been fair weather?

Apparently the hottest summer on record,but I can't find it anywhere.COYI
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”