This new thing, where players and managers cover their mouths when they're talking

Chat about anything football related here!
1985whu

This new thing, where players and managers cover their mouths when they're talking

Post by 1985whu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:28 pm

It's a bit wanky, isn't it?

I mean, what are they worried about? That someone's gonna be lip-reading them and finding out their tactics? It just make them look like cocks who've got bad breath.

Post '96 football is shit. And it's just getting shitter every year.

Too many wanky things about the game these days. Overpaid ponces who can't take a tackle, spoilt brat footballers.

Oh for these days. I was there that day. Not the same any more.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ch ... ORM=VRDGAR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's in my blood to support West Ham so I'll always be part of this modern game I hate more and more each year. Give me muddy pitches, Bonzo's crunching tackles with his socks rolled down. Players who played for the team cos they wanted to and not because of some wanky agent whispering in their ear.

I remember when it was all fields and you could leave your front door open. Nothing's been the same since Elvis died...
Last edited by 1985whu on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Re: This new thing, where players and managers cover their mouths when they're talking

Post by Dicksies Diner » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Haha this winds me up. Some of these players think Thier KGB or something. Yeah when Elvis Costello died it all went Charlie Wong.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

andyginbrasil

Re: This new thing, where players and managers cover their mouths when they're talking

Post by andyginbrasil » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:Haha this winds me up. Some of these players think Thier KGB or something. Yeah when Elvis Costello died it all went Charlie Wong.
Fuck me that was sudden I was talking to him the other day.... :shock:
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 pm

well it has cost a few lip readers there jobs ..... lol
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:49 pm

Our fucking manager covers his fucking eyes.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 am

Hoop & a stick for Christmas.

I remember the first time I saw a banana. I was 12. My neighbour brought it back from an overseas trip.
0 x

Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm

1985whu wrote:It's a bit wanky, isn't it?

I mean, what are they worried about? That someone's gonna be lip-reading them and finding out their tactics? It just make them look like cocks who've got bad breath.

Post '96 football is shit. And it's just getting shitter every year.

Too many wanky things about the game these days. Overpaid ponces who can't take a tackle, spoilt brat footballers.
V
Oh for these days. I was there that day. Not the same any more.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ch ... ORM=VRDGAR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's in my blood to support West Ham so I'll always be part of this modern game I hate more and more each year. Give me muddy pitches, Bonzo's crunching tackles with his socks rolled down. Players who played for the team cos they wanted to and not because of some wanky agent whispering in their ear.

I remember when it was all fields and you could leave your front door open. Nothing's been the same since Elvis died...
I feel your pain.
0 x

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:02 pm

Most of them do it because the increased television coverage and media circus.

For example, a break in play occurs after a player dives and you see two players covering their mouths while talking it's probably because one is saying to the other "when this diving cunt gets anywhere nearby, crack him on the fucking shin, give him something to cry about, the prick!"

Or, if you see an unnamed, anonymous manager calling a player from an unnamed team over to the touchline and talking behind his hand he's saying something like "Tell that cunt Anderson to stay out on the wing where I put him, if he keeps drifting into the middle where he's more effective he'll be getting a fucking slap at half time!"

Can't have that kind of chat being picked up on by the multiple TV cameras, can we?
0 x