Numbers

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Summer Signings - Value For Money

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:29 pm

Newmarket wrote:
12121 wrote:What summer signings are proving good value for money?

Wilshere - Free but makes the team worse, so a no.
Fredericks - No.
Anderson - Showed nothing expected from a £40 million player. No.
Yarmalenko - Looks a one trick pony, so sadly a no.
Balbuena - Yes, so far.
Diop -I guess his fee would put him in the top 20 most expensive centre halves ever and he has not looked like a centre half among the top 20 ever, so no.
Fabianski -Yes. Good signing.
Flappy and the General look a snip straight away .
My 7 year old could defend better than Fredericks .
WilTshere . I was asking what he brings to the team at the start of the season , what his job is ? ... but that was until Pellegrini was forced to stumble upon the 3 stopper system .

I don’t think he’d get back in instead of Noble anyway but as far as Wilshere is concerned it’s early days and too soon to judge.
As it is with Anderson and Diop though I think both have shown promise .
I agree Yarmolenko is a one trick pony but he’s a very good one trick pony so I’m happy so far ...

And Perez hasn’t had a chance yet but for £4m I expect him to prove a snip too.

So overall I’m content at the moment and I’m more concerned about our overall full back and DM positions .

I’m eating lumps of the humble stuff re Flabianski and I’m ashamed to say gloatingly in told-you-so mode regards Fredericks .

Pellegrini must have been on the rice wine when he was watching Fulham’s championship games in that Chinese hotel room.
I'd lay money that Fredericks & Wilshere pre dated Pellegrini's appointment mate. We pretty much knew both of them were on their way back in March. In fact Wilshere was even mentioned when Bilic was still in charge I seem to remember.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Newmarket

Re: Summer Signings - Value For Money

Post by Newmarket » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:
Flappy and the General look a snip straight away .
My 7 year old could defend better than Fredericks .
WilTshere . I was asking what he brings to the team at the start of the season , what his job is ? ... but that was until Pellegrini was forced to stumble upon the 3 stopper system .

I don’t think he’d get back in instead of Noble anyway but as far as Wilshere is concerned it’s early days and too soon to judge.
As it is with Anderson and Diop though I think both have shown promise .
I agree Yarmolenko is a one trick pony but he’s a very good one trick pony so I’m happy so far ...

And Perez hasn’t had a chance yet but for £4m I expect him to prove a snip too.

So overall I’m content at the moment and I’m more concerned about our overall full back and DM positions .

I’m eating lumps of the humble stuff re Flabianski and I’m ashamed to say gloatingly in told-you-so mode regards Fredericks .

Pellegrini must have been on the rice wine when he was watching Fulham’s championship games in that Chinese hotel room.
I'd lay money that Fredericks & Wilshere pre dated Pellegrini's appointment mate. We pretty much knew both of them were on their way back in March. In fact Wilshere was even mentioned when Bilic was still in charge I seem to remember.
Yeah I knew that really mate . I just wondered if anybody else still lays the blame for those two at the feet of that (formerly) stumpy cheapskate Cunt ....
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Today makes you realise

Post by 21212 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 pm

...there is nothing to like about West Ham now.
We have probably turned into one of the most despicable clubs are n the country.

Sad, sad days.

Lyall and Greenwood would be turning in their graves.
0 x

Rumford

Re: Today makes you realise

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm

Totally disagree...

We are one of the very few groups of fans in the Prem who have totally unaccepted the people who run our club.

Just go to ANY away game...we still have an awful lot of soul. Everyone knows everyone.
0 x

Post by 21212 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:39 pm

Rumford wrote:Totally disagree...

We are one of the very few groups of fans in the Prem who have totally unaccepted the people who run our club.

Just go to ANY away game...we still have an awful lot of soul. Everyone knows everyone.
Do you consider fans as part of the club? I certainly do not anymore.

The break between 'traditional' supporters and the club is quite something.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:11 pm

21212 wrote:
Rumford wrote:Totally disagree...

Us supporters are the only part of the club worth anything...

We haven't had a proper relationship with the club for years.

One of the few things we have got going for us is that if we were actually run properly as a football club and everyone got our ships going in the same direction...what could we possibly become.

The support we have considering whats gone on is unbelievable....
0 x

Post by 21212 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:23 pm

Rumford wrote:
21212 wrote:

Us supporters are the only part of the club worth anything...

We haven't had a proper relationship with the club for years.

One of the few things we have got going for us is that if we were actually run properly as a football club and everyone got our ships going in the same direction...what could we possibly become.

The support we have considering whats gone on is unbelievable....
Sorry,even as a supporter I have to say this 'unbelievable' fan stuff is rubbish.

Tell me why we are better than most? I remember 16-18 thousand attendances in the old Division 2.

Have we shown better support recently than Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Utd? I think not.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:05 pm

21212 wrote:
Sorry,even as a supporter I have to say this 'unbelievable' fan stuff is rubbish.

Tell me why we are better than most? I remember 16-18 thousand attendances in the old Division 2.

Have we shown better support recently than Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Villa, Sheffield Utd? I think not.
Newcastle only filled half an allocation at Cardiff this season

Villa's support has been 2 bob for years

Leeds closed off stands when then weren't doing well

The blades...you having a laugh ??

Sunderland have had problems filling out allocations for years

As for division two...how long do you want to go back :roll:

Im talking about right now....and considering all whats gone on our support is second to none.

You think if we had Spurs team right now we'd be getting 40K at Wembley ?
0 x

Post by 21212 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Rumford wrote:
21212 wrote:

Newcastle only filled half an allocation at Cardiff this season

Villa's support has been 2 bob for years

Leeds closed off stands when then weren't doing well

The blades...you having a laugh ??

Sunderland have had problems filling out allocations for years

As for division two...how long do you want to go back :roll:

Im talking about right now....and considering all whats gone on our support is second to none.

You think if we had Spurs team right now we'd be getting 40K at Wembley ?
Right now, we have good away support for one reason only.
The away fans, most anyway, don't go to home games for a myriad of reasons, so the away allocation is always full of fans that have no other games to go.

Our home support is tourists, neutrals, cheap ticket holders etc so nothing can be taken from those figures. No loyalty among the home support.

Reality is we now have a hardcore of 12 - 15 thousand which is probably the same as Southampton, Palace etc and nowhere near the teams I mentioned before.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 pm

Oh dear.............
0 x

Social Media