Defending

Chat about anything football related here!
gazhammer

Defending

Post by gazhammer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am

Is it just me or do we always look like we are going to concede 3 or 4 goals a game.

Fair enough we had the "easier" chances against Chelsea and we do look good going forward, but we look like we will concede every time our opponents come forward and fuck knows how we kept a clean sheet on Sunday(Fabianski aside).

I don't mind if we want to go out and win every game 5-4 or 4-3(bit like days of old) but we seem to lack any basic defensive skills like "marking" and "tackling".

If we had brought in a quality striker i'd say great, lets go out to score one more than the opposition, good times, exciting football etc etc, but we didn't and as such have a limited number of goals in the players we have.
0 x

Jacko1966

Re: Defending

Post by Jacko1966 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:35 am

gazhammer wrote:Is it just me or do we always look like we are going to concede 3 or 4 goals a game.

Fair enough we had the "easier" chances against Chelsea and we do look good going forward, but we look like we will concede every time our opponents come forward and fuck knows how we kept a clean sheet on Sunday(Fabianski aside).

I don't mind if we want to go out and win every game 5-4 or 4-3(bit like days of old) but we seem to lack any basic defensive skills like "marking" and "tackling".

If we had brought in a quality striker i'd say great, lets go out to score one more than the opposition, good times, exciting football etc etc, but we didn't and as such have a limited number of goals in the players we have.
It's just you Gaz. I'm always thinking it'll be 5 or 6 :lol:
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:05 am

gazhammer wrote:Is it just me or do we always look like we are going to concede 3 or 4 goals a game.

Yeah agree,sides are getting to many "Clear Cuts" against us.....but it is getting better from a CB
point of view anyway....but they can only keep out so many,you have to stop the ball coming in
which is down to FBs and the DMFs...
Last year we had a prob ,sides getting to us down the middle,since Pellers gone with 3 in
the middle,help solve that.....know they getting to us wide......we'll get there in the end... :lol:
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 am

I think in central position it's starting to come together.
The General I'm liking what I see no nonsense defending.

Diop-- his biggest weakness is being to eager with his anticipation in trying to get in front of attacking players. But his a young kid learning his game.

Arthur fuka Masawankoo..... Is no defender but he has absolutely no help on his wing which makes it even harder... I'd personally put Anderson at the top of the 3 Center midfeilders and put some like Antonio on the wing to give Arthur help. Maybe cresswell left back and Arthur in front of him.

Zabba has similar problem on his flank. But the effort he put in on Sunday and his defending was mostly decent.

My biggest concern is how are we gonna do when we have to take the game to the team's around us.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Post by 12121 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:51 am

Jacko1966 wrote:

It's just you Gaz. I'm always thinking it'll be 5 or 6 :lol:
Genuine laugh out loud at that comment. goodpost:)
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm

A lot of teams are like this now, unless it Moyes, Pulis & cuntchops in charge.

Have you seen Man City defending? Only difference is they are so damn good at keeping ball you can’t get it off them to attack.

I would much rather this than the alternative.
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:24 pm

I think it's coming along and tactics where spot on against Chelsea, even if they wasnt that good that game its still Hazard and Willian..

As for Masuaku, he's a wing back, which is harder to play in a back 4 than in a back 5 especially when you don't have much posession, but he was still part of a defence which kept a clean sheet. And i woulnd't replace him with someone who misplaces at least one simple pass every game.
0 x

Westhambri1

Post by Westhambri1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Why is Arthur always played and referred to a right back when we all know and say he can't defend yet is good going forward in my book that makes him right mid so if he was labelled right mid and played there he would be praised everyweek instead of being slaughtered just a thought coyi
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Westhambri1 wrote:Why is Arthur always played and referred to a right back when we all know and say he can't defend yet is good going forward in my book that makes him right mid so if he was labelled right mid and played there he would be praised everyweek instead of being slaughtered just a thought coyi
I think he's be better as a Left Back or Left Mid. Oh, hang on a mo. ;)

Seriously, I basically agree but apart from Zabaleta who isn't getting any younger we don't have any full backs who can defend imo.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Westhambri1

Post by Westhambri1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:37 am

I stand corrected sir left side of course
0 x

Social Media