Defending

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: Defending

Post by dorsetdano » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Hammertime wrote:How many times can I uniquely spell WHILSHIRE wrong before one of you cunts correct me?!!!
We all no woo u meen so does it mata that much about the speling?
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:39 am

Hammertime wrote:How many times can I uniquely spell WHILSHIRE wrong before one of you cunts correct me?!!!
I figured the reason was the british school system or most of you people on here being rather old
0 x

gazhammer

Post by gazhammer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:59 am

I think tonight's game will be a good indication of where we are defensively.

As for Wiltshire, we aint seen him in a three man midfield yet so lets wait and see. my only worry there would be if/when he comes back in will he take Nobles role, pushing Noble back again where he's not gonna be at his best.
0 x

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:06 am

gazhammer wrote:I think tonight's game will be a good indication of where we are defensively.

As for Wiltshire, we aint seen him in a three man midfield yet so lets wait and see. my only worry there would be if/when he comes back in will he take Nobles role, pushing Noble back again where he's not gonna be at his best.
Gday Gazhammer, long time no speak glad to see you are still well, would be good to see VAR in the Prem no?

As for Whiltshere [sic] he hasnt been the prodigal son he was touted to be by some. Maybe a spell out of the team might readdress things as Nobes is still going strong, I think once the midfield trio know their roles, and Jack knows which one he belongs to, this will help.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:49 am

aklhammer wrote:
gazhammer wrote:I think tonight's game will be a good indication of where we are defensively.

Gday Gazhammer, long time no speak glad to see you are still well, would be good to see VAR in the Prem no?

As for Whiltshere [sic] he hasnt been the prodigal son he was touted to be by some. Maybe a spell out of the team might readdress things as Nobes is still going strong, I think once the midfield trio know their roles, and Jack knows which one he belongs to, this will help.
Not sure VAR would be a good addition tbh. I think it will benefit defences far more than the attacking side which surely has to be a bad thing. Here's why.

If a close call is made, like Anderson's goal last week, a review happens after the goal is scored. In other words play has stopped. Now let's suppose a lino calls offside incorrectly, puts his flag up, and the ref stops play. The attacking side is deprived of a goal opportunity and, as play shouldn't have been stopped, where and how do you re start the game?

And it's already been shown not to work in cases like penalties where several people reviewing a decision can't make up their mind. My concern is that we'll soon have people reviewing all sorts of decisions. Take last week's game. Anderson's goal. Our third goal--was there a foul before Noble put Arnautovic in for his shot? And Man United's goal. Should it have been a goal kick and not a corner?

VAR has got some very good positives in it's favour. It can catch the sly elbow in the face for instance, and determine if a player is "out of control" when he leaps in for a tackle, but the thing we all like about football is it's speed. And I fear if VAR comes in that is something that could be jeopardised.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Social Media