West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Do You Think We Can Win?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 pm

West Ham win
68%
Draw
11%
Man Utd win
22%

Total votes: 37

mkhammer

Re: West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Thread

Postby mkhammer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:11 am

Great Great team performance,all worked for each other,everyone put a big shift in,
well proud.

The first goal was thing of beauty....been the Scouse.. offside or not the BBC Motd lot would
have been wanking themselves silly over it,but they'd rather bang on bout the Mancs...
just watched it..Mourinho making excuses for our goals,their goal came from a corner that
should have been a Goalkick...can tell from Zabs reaction,who by the way was immense,
what a great game he had,MOTM for me along with Nobes....
Nobes is so much better and a really good player when we set up right,which we are now,
that's been the difference..is one of the best passers of a ball out there.

Anderson really impressing me now,great work rate,gonna be Big for us I reckon.
CBs improving every game,Rice is making a huge difference to us as well,still wanna
see a bit more from Obiang...had a decent game..but always think he's got a bit more.

Arnies Arnie... :

But everyone done the business yesterday..Well Done Mr Peller.....

Great Noise as well..loved it.

Proved what a good fan I am,had us to win 3-2 for £240 but still didn't want the mancs to
score again....
Well a last kick of the game penalty maybe...... :lol:
Last edited by mkhammer on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

palerider

Postby palerider » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 am

mkhammer wrote:Great Great team performance,all worked for each other,everyone put a big shift in,
well proud.

The first goal was thing of beauty....been the Scouse.. offside or not the BBC Motd lot would
have been wanking themselves silly over it,but they'd rather bang on bout the Mancs...
just watched it..Mourinho making excuses for our goals,their goal came from a corner that
should have been a Goalkick...can tell from Zabs reaction,who by the way was immense,
what a great game he had,MOTM for me along with Nobes....
Nobes is so much better and a really good player when we set up right,which we are now,
that's been the difference..is one of the best passers of a ball out there.

Anderson really impressing me now,great work rate,gonna be Big for us I reckon.
CBs improving every game,Rice is making a huge difference to us as well,still wanna
see a bit more from Obiang...had a decent game..but always think he's got a bit more.

Arnies Arnie... :D

But everyone done the business yesterday......Well played MR Peller as well..

Great Noise yesterday...loved it

That's what it looked like to me as well, the corner leading to their goal should not have been given, but MOTD didn't show it in slow-mo.

I can't fault the defending yesterday apart from a Diop slip that nearly let Lukaku in, but I think you should always have a man on the near post for a corner.
Last edited by palerider on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Romford

Postby Romford » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:16 am

Its funny how Maureen keeps rattling on about our offside goal but nothing about the corner they scored from which should have been a goal kick.

Great performance...should have been more.

Onwards and upwards whufc_crest
0 x

Ironworksfc

Postby Ironworksfc » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 am

Great to see Noble playing so well when he is not having to hold up a shit midfield
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:43 am

Rice was the enabler.

Mark only had to concentrate on his own game and also always had an out ball with Declan always making himself open for the ball.
2 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:45 am

It was apparent very early on that Manure were pressing far less than any other team we've played so far. Their fans would have been disappointed with that performance.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:48 am

Romford wrote:Its funny how Maureen keeps rattling on about our offside goal but nothing about the corner they scored from which should have been a goal kick.

Great performance...should have been more.

Onwards and upwards whufc_crest

Think Moanalot should be looking at himself and his defence instead of trying to make it seem like he was robbed by a players toenail being the wrong side of the defence. Take that away and he still lost, Take their goal from a none corner away and samea margin. Take the Arnie goal away that starter apparently with a foul and they still lose. Did Manure run out of small Chang?!
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:28 am

Mikeveep wrote:Rice was the enabler.

Mark only had to concentrate on his own game and also always had an out ball with Declan always making himself open for the ball.

You got it spot on..Noble was always trying to do EVERYTHING,but now with Rice in there in that system,he can concentrate on less and we are now seeing the best of him.
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:58 am

The difference in how we played Man Utd yesterday to the way we played against them in that turgid 0-0 draw under Moyes was poles apart.

To think after our first 4 games some were wanting Pelle out and Moyes back in.

Long way to go but now I’m starting to enjoy our football again.
0 x

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:43 pm

Its always sweet beating them lot. We won comfortable, played some great football and all the talk is about 'United' (we're United as well...) Despise them.

Noble was super as was Rice and Diop. The whole team played well but those 3 stood out for me.
Well done to Pellegrini too for rewarding Diangana with a place on the bench and a couple of mins at the end, was a nice touch.

COYI whufc_crest
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”