West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Do You Think We Can Win?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:28 pm

West Ham win
68%
Draw
11%
Man Utd win
22%

Total votes: 37

BlackDiamond

Re: West Ham v Man Utd - Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:45 pm

Flairon wrote:The only info online appears to be that it is a knee injury, but there are n specific details as to the extent or nature of that injury.
Medial ligament damage - approx 6 months [source: Daily Mirror]
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Ironworksfc wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Talking of nice touches , I thought it was very sweet of Porterman and Shortshanks for popping on and praising our gallant midfield like that .
What :shock: :shock: !!!

Where did I miss that?

Surely portermoan didn't say something good about noble?
:? :idea: :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Behind the scenes.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
jhammers wrote:Its always sweet beating them lot. We won comfortable, played some great football and all the talk is about 'United' (we're United as well...) Despise them.

Noble was super as was Rice and Diop. The whole team played well but those 3 stood out for me.
Well done to Pellegrini too for rewarding Diangana with a place on the bench and a couple of mins at the end, was a nice touch.

COYI whufc_crest
Talking of nice touches , I thought it was very sweet of Porterman and Shortshanks for popping on and praising our gallant midfield like that .
Easy when the opposition don't try. Bit different tonight though !! You never learn kickimmuts
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:30 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Newmarket wrote: Talking of nice touches , I thought it was very sweet of Porterman and Shortshanks for popping on and praising our gallant midfield like that .
Easy when the opposition don't try. Bit different tonight though !! You never learn kickimmuts

So you are saying when Noble plays well its because the opposition doesn't try and when we lose its Nobles fault? Or have i got it completely wrong?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:36 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Shortshanks wrote: Easy when the opposition don't try. Bit different tonight though !! You never learn kickimmuts

So you are saying when Noble plays well its because the opposition doesn't try and when we lose its Nobles fault? Or have i got it completely wrong?
Just stating what the vast majority now agree with, namely that Noble isn't good enough. Don't get carried away by suggesting that he was that good as he was responsible for gifting the Man Utd goal. Play the video back if you don't believe me.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

Just stating what the vast majority now agree with, namely that Noble isn't good enough. Don't get carried away by suggesting that he was that good as he was responsible for gifting the Man Utd goal. Play the video back if you don't believe me.
I believe you Shanks but he also got MOM. Its also a fact that we lose more games without him in the team than when he plays. He does look clumsy at times and slow and did get turned a few times tonight very easy but the facts dont lie.
He also covers more ground than any other mid player.
0 x

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:50 pm

We also got relegated with him. As for covering more ground I would like to know where that comes from. It would be very slowly and if you check where he is positioned when we concede I think you will find he is rarely inside our penalty area unless it is from a free kick or corner. Rice is having to carry him which the Liverpool game highlighted quite clearly.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Shortshanks wrote:We also got relegated with him. As for covering more ground I would like to know where that comes from. It would be very slowly and if you check where he is positioned when we concede I think you will find he is rarely inside our penalty area unless it is from a free kick or corner. Rice is having to carry him which the Liverpool game highlighted quite clearly.
After the Liverpool game Rice was dropped.
0 x

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:43 am

IronsForever wrote:
Shortshanks wrote:We also got relegated with him. As for covering more ground I would like to know where that comes from. It would be very slowly and if you check where he is positioned when we concede I think you will find he is rarely inside our penalty area unless it is from a free kick or corner. Rice is having to carry him which the Liverpool game highlighted quite clearly.
After the Liverpool game Rice was dropped.
What a monumental blunder that was !! He made a massive mistake taking him off against Liverpool because we could easily have conceded 6 or 7 second half and it was an absolute embarrassment. If he hadn't dropped him we would have 3 more points now. After the premature euphoria it is back to the same old story. Unfortunately that's the way it's been for several years now.
0 x