The Snodster

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: The Snodster

Postby palerider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 am

Although I hardly ever go, I was there for one of the Snod's first games for us, against West Brom.

I thought he was very good, worked his socks off and was a threat throughout, and it was no surprise to me that when Bilic replaced him near the end for a more defensive player (Fernandes if I remember rightly), the Baggies suddenly went on the front foot, having been doing sod-all for the half, and equalised thanks to some classic Randolph hesitation.

Bilic however was, and is, a lovely man.

Of course Snodgrass didn't pull up any trees for the bloke but if he'd have been played in the correct position it would have given him more of a chance.

I'm just surprised Slaven never thought of playing him in goal.

Or maybe he did.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:26 am

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Like you Tone I thought the bloke was a complete waste of space when he joined. But it's much better to be proved wrong when a player proves he's got more in his locker than you thought he had than for your judgment to be shown up when someone you think is the dog's wotsits tanks big time.

Like the oaf who predicted last season that if he kept fit Hernandez would be the 20 goal a season man we've been crying out for.

You know the bloke. His forum name has got something to do with a very well known Scottish alcoholic export. ;)

Whiskyman ?

That's the cunt.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm

His work rate and attitude have been refreshing to watch as has that left boot of his, puts in some real quality crosses and if Yarmolenko had converted that one against Chelsea, we'd all be wearing kilts!
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:42 am

palerider wrote:The much-maligned Jock was great today when he came on. Got stuck in, put himself about. Exactly what we needed at the time.

I care not that you're a deep-fried snickers chomping heathen usually found singing 'Ma heart belongs tae Glasgee' at 1 in the morning while drinking brush cleaner, you'll do for me laddie.

Despite what some people may think, he was always a decent player but was another one that fell out with Bilic immediately.
0 x

Diamondhammer

Postby Diamondhammer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm

In the pre-season friendlies he was shining in my opinion and not supprised by how he is playing under MP.
0 x

Longshanks

Postby Longshanks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:38 am

Dog shit if it looks like it plays like it smells like it it’s still dog shit. Chump player at best. Not for me I’m afraid never rated him. OMHO. ⚒
0 x
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:41 pm

Longshanks wrote:Dog shit if it looks like it plays like it smells like it it’s still dog shit. Chump player at best. Not for me I’m afraid never rated him. OMHO. ⚒

From what I have seen of him this season, he has not played like dog shit.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:07 pm

I think we can all get behind any player that shows effort and is willing to graft.
That said I can't see him reproducing anything close to his creative form from the Championship, so on the bench is fine. It's just a shame he's on starting XI wages.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Glad to see all of you lot finally starting to see sense. I knew you all had it in you!
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”