Declan Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Declan Rice

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:17 pm

palerider wrote:
Dagger wrote:Republic of Ireland

Rice chooses England over Ireland

Declan Rice has chosen to play for England over the Republic of Ireland in the future, Sky Sports News understands.

So he should. He was born in London.

With very few exceptions it should be where you're born.

Only concessions should be if you're born to parents of whatever country but they're abroad because of their jobs.

Couldn't agree more. Can never take the England cricket team seriously for this very reason. And don't get me started on "our" medal haul in recent Olympics. :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm

An honest viewpoint from across the sea.....
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/10 ... lls-fault/
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Flairon wrote:And Jason McAteer blames Roy Keane.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 70712.html

But doesn’t say why ?
In fact he doesn’t say anything at all about Declan Rice .

The journo does . And even HE doesn’t explain why .

Sorry Flair that is one shit misleading article.

It's the Independent after all Newie,shit is their speciality.COYI
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:28 am

England or Ireland?
West Ham or Elsewhere Utd?

That's a lot of shit on a 19 year old's shoulders and with his family, The FA, The FAI, his agent, WHUFC and the media buzzing around his ears, I wonder how long it will be before his form starts to suffer as a consequence? (something we can ill afford with Sanchez and Wilshere both out).

FFS this things need to be sorted and quick.
As always, self-interest reigns supreme and there's a lot of selfish parties pushing him towards a decision that best suits themselves.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:36 am

ToneLoc wrote:England or Ireland?

That's a lot of shit on a 19 year old's shoulders and with his family, The FA, The FAI, his agent, WHUFC and the media buzzing around his ears, I wonder how long it will be before his form starts to suffer as a consequence? (something we can ill afford with Sanchez and Wilshere both out).

As always, self-interest reigns supreme and there's a lot of selfish parties pushing him towards a decision that best suits themselves.

He's very strong minded Tone, unbelievably so and he certainly won't be forced into something he doesn't want to do.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:53 am

Gonzo wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:England or Ireland?

He's very strong minded Tone, unbelievably so and he certainly won't be forced into something he doesn't want to do.

I'm sure he is mate and I hope you're right, but he's also human and all of this has to have an effect somewhere.
I guess time will tell but one thing's for certain..... it can't be helping as it's a huge distraction.
0 x

Postby 12121 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:05 am

He may be the next Maradona. He may be the next Churchill. He may be the next Mother Theresa.
One thing he is for certain is dislikeable.

Don't think I can remember a young player coming through who you cannot warm to like Rice. No likeability factor at all. Shame.
0 x

hd1

Postby hd1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:10 am

12121 wrote:He may be the next Maradona. He may be the next Churchill. He may be the next Mother Theresa.

Don't think I can remember a young player coming through who you cannot warm to like Rice. No likeability factor at all. Shame.

:lol: Apart from Noble and Zaba, he's one of the few players that goes around the ground after the game applauding the fans. Of course you would never have seen this having never been to a game. The fans love him.
0 x

Ironworksfc

Postby Ironworksfc » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:19 pm

12121 wrote:He may be the next Maradona. He may be the next Churchill. He may be the next Mother Theresa.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The oracle speaks again

Then again you would be best placed to know what it's like having no likeability factor
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 pm

There speaks someone who doesn’t go to games.

His name announced is always greeted with one of the biggest cheers.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”