Declan Rice

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Declan Rice

Postby 12121 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:32 pm

hd1 wrote:
12121 wrote:He may be the next Maradona. He may be the next Churchill. He may be the next Mother Theresa.
One thing he is for certain is dislikeable.

Don't think I can remember a young player coming through who you cannot warm to like Rice. No likeability factor at all. Shame.

:lol: Apart from Noble and Zaba, he's one of the few players that goes around the ground after the game applauding the fans. Of course you would never have seen this having never been to a game. The fans love him.

You've hit on my pet hate.
It is not like 40 years ago when players went over and applauded the crowd because they felt a kinship with them.
Now players applaud and visit the crowd because their PR team tell them to. A cold and calculated PR move when players walk over and applaud the crowd and most definitely not from the heart.
Beware of players who do it.
0 x

hd1

Postby hd1 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:06 pm

12121 wrote:It is not like 40 years ago when players went over and applauded the crowd because they felt a kinship with them.
Now players applaud and visit the crowd because their PR team tell them to. A cold and calculated PR move when players walk over and applaud the crowd and most definitely not from the heart.

What complete and utter bollocks :lol:

I love the way you make stuff up, it's really funny
1 x

papawhisky

Postby papawhisky » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:42 pm

hd1 wrote:
12121 wrote:It is not like 40 years ago when players went over and applauded the crowd because they felt a kinship with them.

What complete and utter bollocks :lol:

I love the way you make stuff up, it's really funny

HD, that avatar of yours only happened because their respective PR people told them to do it. Numbers says so so it must be true.
1 x

papawhisky

Postby papawhisky » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Basically you have a young player who knows his worth to the team. As such he is entitled to expect to receive similar wages to those around him. Nothing wrong with that. As for the International thing, if he wants to be successful then he has more chance with England that Eire. Even better if he can discover a French great grandma, but in the meantime he is free to choose as he pleases. He is a hard worker, spirited and shows leadership qualities. He also makes mistakes, even Zaba does that and he's as experienced as it gets. He's worth whatever he's asking for.
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:10 am

Played well again tonight, goal he could do nothing about - Stock is growing, I don't care as much about which country he picks than him actually signing a new contract, every day he looks better, even surprised me with a couple of nice threaded balls forward as well as being dependable covering in the holding role.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:15 am

Hildreth_1101 wrote:Played well again tonight, goal he could do nothing about - Stock is growing, I don't care as much about which country he picks than him actually signing a new contract, every day he looks better, even surprised me with a couple of nice threaded balls forward as well as being dependable covering in the holding role.

Rice should have stayed with Ireland. His parents i guess are irish so thats where he should play. Also i seriously doubt he will get into the England team in front of Dier and Henderson.Southgate only plays with one holding so making that position is highly doubtful.
Anther solid game tonight without doing anything special. He looks like he is capable of making a few more runs with tghe ball and hopefully Pellegrini with give him a license to do that soon. You see Nobes and Obiang making runs, Declan should be given the option to do the same.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:28 pm

papawhisky wrote: Even better if he can discover a French great grandma,

The way international sport is these days mate it's getting to the stage that if you once ate a Paella you'll be on Luis Enrique's radar. Years ago the company I worked for had an office in Palmers Green. fuck me---I could have played for Greece. If I'd been any fucking good that is ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:41 am

All in all, a quality young talent, who we all like (and by we, I do of course mean true West Ham fans) and want to see stay at the club for years to come.
0 x
Flairon

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:57 am

They may need to do better than 21k a week.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/ ... ice-offer/
0 x
Flairon

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:16 am

Flairon wrote:They may need to do better than 21k a week.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/ ... ice-offer/

Must admit I got to the bit that said "reliable news outlet Claret & Hugh" and stopped reading.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”