Declan Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Declan Rice

Postby mkhammer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:15 pm

Flairon wrote:They may need to do better than 21k a week.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/ ... ice-offer/

Think this is about there mate....add ons are 5 grand extra every 15 Games....20 Grand every
appearance....26 grand unused Sub..
From what I've heard and seen elsewhere anyway...

So end of season he'll be on 50 grand a game..70 plus next year..that's not bad....
Only way I can see he losses out is if he gets an injury,and can't play.less there's something else
written in...
0 x

Postby 12121 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Flairon wrote:They may need to do better than 21k a week.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/10/blogs/ ... ice-offer/

Condescending offer that would only be made to a home grown player.

If you think he is good enough (I think everyone is going over the top) then offer him what you would offer a comparable player in that position, irrespective of age and being home grown.

If they tried to sign a player of, in their eyes, similar ability, would he accept that contract? Think not.
0 x

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Offer him a decent contract - if he doesn't accept it sell him to the highest bidder.

Do not get into last season syndrome where we end up with him running it down for nothing or doing a Payet.

As for the international situation. English parents, born in England. There should be something inside that means you want to play for England. If there isn't then I'm afraid numbers has a point.

Not a popular viewpoint but if you are only playing at a place as a stepping stone then expect to be treated as purely an asset.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:29 pm

only1salty wrote:Offer him a decent contract - if he doesn't accept it sell him to the highest bidder.

Do not get into last season syndrome where we end up with him running it down for nothing or doing a Payet.

As for the international situation. English parents, born in England. There should be something inside that means you want to play for England. If there isn't then I'm afraid numbers has a point.

Not a popular viewpoint but if you are only playing at a place as a stepping stone then expect to be treated as purely an asset.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment wouldn't it be correct to say that all professionals to a very large degree see their employer as a stepping stone. Even Cristiano Ronaldo couldn't resist the lure of Real Madrid, and he was playing for the biggest club in England.

The only thing I believe fans are entitled to expect from players is that they show 100% effort and application during their time with their present club. Players are employees and can be expected to move if the offer of more money or better prospects of trophies is presented to them.

Problem with the Rice situation I believe is that if he decides to leave the club will not get anything like his market value as any transfer fee I think will be decided by a tribunal.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:08 pm

A bit of a dangerous game of roulette by the club and leaking the whole 'final offer comment is fucking silly.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm

If they can pay top wages for the likes of Fonte, Arbeloa and the performing gobshite Evra then they can give the kid a good deal.
Stop fucking around.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

grandad

Postby grandad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm

Gonzo wrote:A bit of a dangerous game of roulette by the club and leaking the whole 'final offer comment is fucking silly.

That's West Ham for you mate.
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:48 am

What would you consider reasonable, 30 or 40k?

Realistically, they should try to agree a 5 year deal with incremental pay rises based upon yearly increases, appearance and perhaps international caps.
0 x
Flairon

Postby 12121 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am

Flairon wrote:What would you consider reasonable, 30 or 40k?

Realistically, they should try to agree a 5 year deal with incremental pay rises based upon yearly increases, appearance and perhaps international caps.

Is that what you do when you sign a player of similar quality from another team? No. So why take liberties because he is a youth team player?
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:34 am

Surely common sense will prevail,if Pelle loses a player he wants to keep and feels he is an integral part of the team,then it puts him in a position of clashing with the board,he has largely got what he asked for so far but this could change quickly if he disagrees over Rice.COYI
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”