Declan Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:52 pm

Flairon wrote:What would you consider reasonable, 30 or 40k?

Realistically, they should try to agree a 5 year deal with incremental pay rises based upon yearly increases, appearance and perhaps international caps.
Reasonable would be the salary being paid to a player of similar age, promise and experience playing in the Premier League at this moment in time. I haven't a clue what that is but a good D of F should have that information at his fingertips, just as any HR manager in the "real world" would know the cost of hiring a Chief Accountant or Sales Manager.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

It's been the norm,surely, not to pay a promising lad a mans wage, but to put him on a fast track to top dollar subject to progress made.

We seem to have followed this procedure.

Dont push up my match day costs any higher,Declan,you greedy little chap.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:21 pm

ToneLoc wrote:England or Ireland?
West Ham or Elsewhere Utd?

That's a lot of shit on a 19 year old's shoulders and with his family, The FA, The FAI, his agent, WHUFC and the media buzzing around his ears, I wonder how long it will be before his form starts to suffer as a consequence? (something we can ill afford with Sanchez and Wilshere both out).

FFS this things need to be sorted and quick.
As always, self-interest reigns supreme and there's a lot of selfish parties pushing him towards a decision that best suits themselves.
couldn't agree more,but when will Pelle have some input on this frustrating situation,when he wanted Anderson they pushed the boat out,is it possible that he doesn't have a say,or is it that he doesn't see him as a crucial player that is replaceable,neither make sense to me.COYI
0 x

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:47 pm

When a senior player begins to show his age in his performance his wages rarely decrease unless hes moved on. When a 19 year old plays and shows he is more than capable, and often a bit better than some of the more experienced and at least as good as a counterpart we baulk about his wages. The question isnt should we pay someone so young a comparable wage, but do we really want to keep him?! The real truth of the matter is no player is worth what they are paid nowadays.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:52 pm

eskimo joe wrote:When a senior player begins to show his age in his performance his wages rarely decrease unless hes moved on. When a 19 year old plays and shows he is more than capable, and often a bit better than some of the more experienced and at least as good as a counterpart we baulk about his wages. The question isnt should we pay someone so young a comparable wage, but do we really want to keep him?! The real truth of the matter is no player is worth what they are paid nowadays.
Football today is pure economics. So anyone is worth what someone else will pay for them. When someone pays over $75 million for a painting that looks as if it was done by a kid in the third grade at school (don't believe me, google Mark Rothco, Royal Red & Blue) it proves the point imo.

If we offer Declan Rice £20k per week and no one offers more he'll stay. If someone offers him significantly more he'll move. I think it's that simple.

And don't bother googling, here's a link. Tell me your kid couldn't have done that. ;)
https://www.whudat.de/top-20-most-expen ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:When a senior player begins to show his age in his performance his wages rarely decrease unless hes moved on. When a 19 year old plays and shows he is more than capable, and often a bit better than some of the more experienced and at least as good as a counterpart we baulk about his wages. The question isnt should we pay someone so young a comparable wage, but do we really want to keep him?! The real truth of the matter is no player is worth what they are paid nowadays.
Football today is pure economics. So anyone is worth what someone else will pay for them. When someone pays over $75 million for a painting that looks as if it was done by a kid in the third grade at school (don't believe me, google Mark Rothco, Royal Red & Blue) it proves the point imo.

If we offer Declan Rice £20k per week and no one offers more he'll stay. If someone offers him significantly more he'll move. I think it's that simple.

And don't bother googling, here's a link. Tell me your kid couldn't have done that. ;)
https://www.whudat.de/top-20-most-expen ... the-world/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And better.

It really all boils down to do we value him.?! Do you reckon that there isnt some team out there that wouldnt offer even a few K more to grab him?
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:16 pm

Whiskyman wrote:

Rothco is a genius !! His contrast and textures are surreal and unique!! Esp the way he missed little red out in the middle of the first colored breeze block!! Genius!!!!!!!!!
On a serious note that massacre painting underneath is brutal. Imagine having that on yer living room wall.
To be honest they are all crap except 3 of them. Gotta love the big ugly fat bird with a green beard and blonde hair dreaming of a cock. I'd burn that one if i saw it lying around in me shed.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Rothco is a genius !! His contrast and textures are surreal and unique!! Esp the way he missed little red out in the middle of the first colored breeze block!! Genius!!!!!!!!!
On a serious note that massacre painting underneath is brutal. Imagine having that on yer living room wall.
To be honest they are all crap except 3 of them. Gotta love the big ugly fat bird with a green beard and blonde hair dreaming of a cock. I'd burn that one if i saw it lying around in me shed.
I’d like to think you’d ask my old woman if she wants it back first ?
Wondered where that had got to ... that cunt owes me :evil:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm

Pay him in Rupees.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:28 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

And better.

It really all boils down to do we value him.?! Do you reckon that there isnt some team out there that wouldnt offer even a few K more to grab him?
I'm sure Mr Guardiola is keeping an eye on things. I believe in time he could be good enough for Manchester City it's a question whether Guardiola shares that opinion or not.

Imo DR would be silly to leave just to join another West Ham for money, if you get my drift. But if I was his agent, looking after his interests, I would be sounding out the real top clubs to see if there is any interest. Obviously there are other Declan Rices all round the world but I would certainly be seeing if my one would interest the right clubs for a price.
0 x

Social Media