Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Can We Finally Beat Brighton In The Premier League?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Yes, West Ham win.
72%
Draw
17%
They beat us again.
11%

Total votes: 36

downunda

Re: Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Post by downunda » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:24 am

punkrockhammer wrote::(
downunda wrote:just highlights the fact that the defence is weak with Masuaku at right back, and the midfield often looses possession with Obiang.
He’s bad at leftback, I imagine he’d be castrophic at right back

Did Numbers ever predict Masuaku at rightback? :x
My apologies, I stand corrected Sir ... but for what use he was during their goal he should have been left back on the subs bench

Signed
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:50 am

That's it.
Fuck football for the rest of the weekend.
One or the problems of playing first.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:43 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Well that's the weekend ruined a day fucking earlier than usual.
And an International week to stew on it :cry:
Yep, then it's a double header against the Spuds, with an away trip up to Leicester sandwiched in between.
Two mood adjusters 11 days apart, let's hope it's not a Samaritans job.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Oldun

Post by Oldun » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 am

How the fuck did we lose to that bunch of negative cunts.
0 x

jameskel

Post by jameskel » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 am

Our wide men were shit, yamelenko, woeful.
0 x
Taans can fuck right off

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 am

Circumstances (a folk group......long story) prevented me watching the game but with 65% possession and 17 shots it suggests we should have got something even if most of our superstars had a bad day at the office.

That will happen to nearly every team and the idea we'd turned the corner was clearly premature.

But I like the fact we're not clinging on for dear life in most games. And we're a threat now.

However if Masuaku's a good defender then not only must Cressie have broken into Pellegrini's car and dumped on the seat, but I'm also the Pope.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:05 am

hamstew wrote:
Flairon wrote:As it stands Arni and Yarmo are reportedly doubtful for Saturday. If we have a fully fit side, I see no reason why we cannot win. If not, will edge towards a draw.
Luckily we are playing on a Friday then ;) but yes it is a bit of a worry, fingers crossed they are both fit or at the very least one of them.

Perhaps it would have been best if Yarmo had not been declared fit, especially after giving up the ball so cheaply for their goal.
0 x
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:16 am

TBH, before the game I could not name one Brighton player.
0 x
Flairon

Post by 12121 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 am

palerider wrote:Circumstances (a folk group......long story) prevented me watching the game but with 65% possession and 17 shots it suggests we should have got something even if most of our superstars had a bad day at the office.

That will happen to nearly every team and the idea we'd turned the corner was clearly premature.

But I like the fact we're not clinging on for dear life in most games. And we're a threat now.

However if Masuaku's a good defender then not only must Cressie have broken into Pellegrini's car and dumped on the seat, but I'm also the Pope.
Wow. Analysing a game you haven't even seen. Clever man.
Also, suggesting a player should be dropped when you haven't even seen his last performance. Double wow.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 am

Bitterly disappointed we lost that,wallets a lot lighter as well... :lol:

But not to worried TBH....thought we played OK,just "one of those games"could play exactly the same
and nick it 2-1.....and we're all dancing,and all the negatives from it don't get a mention.

Positives....Def a good team spirit still,trying to work for each other,like the way we try and keep
possession,knocking the ball around,Rice,great to watch,a really good performance from him AGAIN.
How some people don't rate him or like him....beggars belief..

Negatives....Massa needs to learn how to pick people up,had loads of time to get in front of
or at least hastle Murray for the goal,not the only time either,would Def be swapping him for Cress
next game.....he should only play if we go 3 at the back,which Peller doesn't do.
Obiang still not bringing enough for me,trying to give a chance,but plays with lead boots at times..

Brighton were really buzzing for this one,played with real high intensity ...fair dues...
But we still should/could have beaten them....so I'm not to gloomy..
0 x