Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!

Can We Finally Beat Brighton In The Premier League?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:57 pm

Yes, West Ham win.
72%
Draw
17%
They beat us again.
11%

Total votes: 36

jhammers

Re: Brighton v West Ham - Official Match Thread

Postby jhammers » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 am

Still really gutted with this result and now we have 2 bloody weeks to think about it.

I actually think we played well and have no idea how we lost that. I was surprised at Brighton, i thought they were better than that (strange saying that when they've just beaten us i know). Thought the red was really poor, we had the ball in their box and he stops the game because one of their players has a 'ankle injury'. Bollocks. You only stop the game if it is a head injury or the team kicks the ball out, nevermind they booted the ball back to our goalkeeper. (FFS)

Thought Rice was excellent again, Balbuena and Diop were good. Disappointed with Anderson and Yarmolenko.

Looking forward i think Cresswell now comes in at left back. He offers just as much going forward as Masuaku for me and is definitely more solid defensively.
3 x

Postby 12121 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:57 am

jhammers wrote:Still really gutted with this result and now we have 2 bloody weeks to think about it.

I actually think we played well and have no idea how we lost that. I was surprised at Brighton, i thought they were better than that (strange saying that when they've just beaten us i know). Thought the red was really poor, we had the ball in their box and he stops the game because one of their players has a 'ankle injury'. Bollocks. You only stop the game if it is a head injury or the team kicks the ball out, nevermind they booted the ball back to our goalkeeper. (FFS)

Thought Rice was excellent again, the Balbuena and Diop were good. Disappointed with Anderson and Yarmolenko.

Looking forward i think Cresswell now comes in at left back. He offers just as much going forward as Masuaku for me and is definitely more solid defensively.

Balbuena and Diop good??!!?? Really.
I thought Murray, a journey man forward, gave them the runaround. The few times Brighton attacked we looked vulnerable through the centre as they both did not seem to work as a pair last night.
The issue last name ght was not enough pacy forward runners up n midfield to open up a defensive team. It is ok to have 3 sitting when team's come at you, but when they sit back we look bereft of ideas. All 3 midfielders looked like plodders when going forward last night.
Also, Anderson was poor and Yarmolenko looked like the journeyman he will prove to be.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 am

Brighton were a bit fortunate to get the win.On another day,we would have won that game.

We were not at our best admittedly,but this will happen to a lot of teams this season.

I'm not going to be over critical,we are still learning has a team.
1 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 am

Forwards let us down...Lots of missed chances and wrong decisions. All other areas satisfactory * see below

Not much attacking strategy on show.

However. a lot better than first four games and they got the win because of one horrendous * defensive gaffe by us. Cresswell would have covered that guy.

Antonios brain has gone,,,thinks he must score to contribute,I'm sure. Pelle should get hold of him and tell him how useful passing can be.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 am

The plus point is we kept pressing and were the better side,the downside was the lack of the final killer ball,ok the grass was long to stop our passing game and to an extent it worked,but surely you get used to the surface after a while but some passes were short and some too hard all game.
The corners were off as were the free kicks in useful positions,but it was just one of those games where we was just out of luck,we ended attacking and if we keep playing the same luck follows hard graft,but Arfur will have to improve his defensive duties.COYI
2 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:52 am

I did not know this match was on yesterday(Friday).... :shock:

Though gutted to lose to Brighton, I suppose on a positive note, we lost only to 1 goal. :roll: ....

whufc_crest
0 x

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:17 pm

12121 wrote:
jhammers wrote:Still really gutted with this result and now we have 2 bloody weeks to think about it.

Thought Rice was excellent again, the Balbuena and Diop were good. Disappointed with Anderson and Yarmolenko.

Balbuena and Diop good??!!?? Really.
I thought Murray, a journey man forward, gave them the runaround. The few times Brighton attacked we looked vulnerable through the centre as they both did not seem to work as a pair last night.
The issue last name ght was not enough pacy forward runners up n midfield to open up a defensive team. It is ok to have 3 sitting when team's come at you, but when they sit back we look bereft of ideas. All 3 midfielders looked like plodders when going forward last night.
Also, Anderson was poor and Yarmolenko looked like the journeyman he will prove to be.

Seriously? Murray had one chance and he took it, because Masuaku fell asleep at the backpost. 'Gave them the runaround'? What.
Strange comment on Yarmolenko, scored 2 against Everton, 1 against United, he has and average game last night and now he's a 'journeyman'. Nothing like getting behind your own players eh...
0 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:The plus point is we kept pressing and were the better side,the downside was the lack of the final killer ball,ok the grass was long to stop our passing game and to an extent it worked,but surely you get used to the surface after a while but some passes were short and some too hard all game.
The corners were off as were the free kicks in useful positions,but it was just one of those games where we was just out of luck,we ended attacking and if we keep playing the same luck follows hard graft,but Arfur will have to improve his defensive duties.COYI

I think one of our poor points all season has been our free kicks and corners, we do not look dangerous at all, especially considering the height of Diop.
Anderson's dead ball service leaves a lot to be desired, in other words piss poor. Also the tippy tappy with Yama at freekicks needs to stop, it is not helping us.
0 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:54 pm

Just another day in the life of West Ham. 2 steps forward and all that....Yarmalenko wasn't fit and shouldn't have played, Anderson is wasted on the wing, and Antonio needs a long, long rest or another club.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 pm

Castiron wrote:Just another day in the life of West Ham. 2 steps forward and all that....Yarmalenko wasn't fit and shouldn't have played, Anderson is wasted on the wing, and Antonio needs a long, long rest or another club.

Pellegrini's first bedding in season. I can see a few going next season.... Antonio...Reid...Carroll...Chico and maybe even Oggy seeing as he is sitting on that bench over the winter , can probably add Perez to that list unless he starts producing something positive and stakes a claim.
Last edited by IronsForever on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football Talk”