steve bruce gets the tin tac

Chat about anything football related here!
BoleynBadges

steve bruce gets the tin tac

Post by BoleynBadges » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45382413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Re: steve bruce gets the tin tac

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:02 pm

bet he got a good pay out and will get another job soon
0 x

deanox

Post by deanox » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:22 am

Obviously Brucie didn’t play a “Good game, good game”
0 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:28 am

I've disliked the man since his playing days, and especially so when he gloated at us when his Birmingham side sent us down under Rodent, all because we had the nerve to not roll over against United when he was a player and we were already relegated, but you have to ask what else he could have done when there's been no significant investment. He took them to the play-off final after all, but his players let him down that day.

Like half of the teams in the Championship, Villa are a club that think they have a divine right to be in the PL because of past glories. Occasionally a club with more limited resources, like Cardiff and Huddersfield, get lucky and make it but it's a yo-yo existence. Fulham may be ok this season, but only Wolves will make an impression as they've spent really big.

I don't feel sorry for the elephant man, apart from the fact he had to also deal with the loss of his parents recently, as he's part of the re-cycling of 'experienced' managers system that means he'll be back in work soon, but until owners, fans and the media grasp the concept that 24 into 3 don't go, the merry-go-round continues.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:49 am

It's now a job for BFS.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:56 am

Just another British manager who imo is totally over rated simply because of what's on his fucking passport. How many times have we heard Why don't managers like Steve Bruce, Sam Allardyce & Mark Hughes get a chance at the big clubs?. I would suggest that it's because they have no genuine coaching record of success and are relying on their playing reputations on the job's for the boys merry go round.

Hughes had money at City and spent it on the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joleon Lescott and Jack Rodwell, to name just three FFS. Bruce might not have had money at Villa but neither did Colin Wanker who, despite the fact he's a horrible aresehole, has a far superior record to Bruce.

Betting man ? Jump on John Terry to replace him. Thank me later. But don't blame me if someone else gets the gig. Dudley isn't too far from Birmingham is it ?
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:25 am

Bruce is one in the line of old-school still clogging up the game, hopping from job to highly paid job for those clubs too shit scared and devoid of innovative thinking to look to younger, up and coming people.
This is why I'd love to see Lamps do well at Derby and Gerrard at Rangers. Hopefully, if they do, it may just turn a few heads and start a trend away from the fossilised steady-Eddies.

Hopelly Mr C.Wanker will be next.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:13 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Bruce is one in the line of old-school still clogging up the game, hopping from job to highly paid job for those clubs too shit scared and devoid of innovative thinking to look to younger, up and coming people.
This is why I'd love to see Lamps do well at Derby and Gerrard at Rangers. Hopefully, if they do, it may just turn a few heads and start a trend away from the fossilised steady-Eddies.

Hopelly Mr C.Wanker will be next.
Imo Gerrard's onto a loser in Scotland. I guess giving Celtic a run for their money would be considered a success up there but if he doesn't do that he will, in most people's eyes, have failed, and if he does it shoulders will be shrugged as if to say ":so what". They are, after all, the second best financed club in Scotland so it's the absolute minimum that will be expected. Tbh I think he'd have been better advised to cut his teeth in League One or Two in England. Lampard's is a tough gig and credit to him for taking on such a relatively high profile job for his first appointment.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Dicksies Diner wrote:It's now a job for BFS.
Nooo, mate. There's more coin in saving a team from the drop than dragging one up from the Championship.
Cardiff or Huddersfield are nailed on.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
Dicksies Diner wrote:It's now a job for BFS.
Nooo, mate. There's more coin in saving a team from the drop than dragging one up from the Championship.
Cardiff or Huddersfield are nailed on.
He did well with the cash he got by getting us up to be fair. Who are villa's new owners? are they Chinese like most clubs in Midlands?
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Social Media