steve bruce gets the tin tac

Chat about anything football related here!
punkrockhammer

Re: steve bruce gets the tin tac

Post by punkrockhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Dicksies Diner wrote:
He did well with the cash he got by getting us up to be fair. Who are villa's new owners? are they Chinese like most clubs in Midlands?
Tony Xia. Chinese billionaire.
He’s the previous owner
0 x

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:10 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:
Tony Xia. Chinese billionaire.
He’s the previous owner
The sources I have seen have Xia owning 45% share, and Saweris and Edens have 27.5% each.

Is this the case?
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:36 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
punkrockhammer wrote:
He’s the previous owner
The sources I have seen have Xia owning 45% share, and Saweris and Edens have 27.5% each.

Is this the case?
Just check on companies house website
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Thierry Henry favorite for job.

I would like to ask why?

1. For starters,he has no experience of the Championship.

2. He was a shit has a pundit on Sky.

He was a great player,but they don't all make good managers.Actually most of them don't.

Villa should have sacked Bruce in Summer and appointed Frank Lampard..Big mistake.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:42 pm

terrya1965 wrote:Thierry Henry favorite for job.

I would like to ask why?

He was a great player,but they don't all make good managers.Actually most of them don't.

Villa should have sacked Bruce in Summer and appointed Frank Lampard..Big mistake.
Hang on a mo Terry. You're saying Thierry Henry has no experience of the Championship, which is true, but neither did Lampard until he took over at Derby.

You're right saying great players don't necessarily make great, or even competent, managers. But it doesn't mean none of them could become decent managers. Guardiola, Zidane, Deschamps and Enrique to name just 4 show they can make the step.

I agree though that Thierry Henry is not a player who I would have seen as someone anxious to move into management.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:Thierry Henry favorite for job.

I would like to ask why?

Hang on a mo Terry. You're saying Thierry Henry has no experience of the Championship, which is true, but neither did Lampard until he took over at Derby.

You're right saying great players don't necessarily make great, or even competent, managers. But it doesn't mean none of them could become decent managers. Guardiola, Zidane, Deschamps and Enrique to name just 4 show they can make the step.

I agree though that Thierry Henry is not a player who I would have seen as someone anxious to move into management.
I really think Lampard is a different animal to Henry.His from a Family coaching background and his got more brains than the majority of players going into Management.

Let`s be honest about Lampard,he created the player he was by serious hard work.He will take that into this job and players will listen to him,because he has been there and done it.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:49 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I really think Lampard is a different animal to Henry.His from a Family coaching background and his got more brains than the majority of players going into Management.

Let`s be honest about Lampard,he created the player he was by serious hard work.He will take that into this job and players will listen to him,because he has been there and done it.
Agree he got where he got through hard work and a very professional attitude. Not sure about the family coaching background bit though. From what we hear Frank Senior only got the job because of his relationship with Twitchy and was only good for putting the cones out. ;)

His achievements as a player will earn him respect and give him the credibility any manager needs. But Henry can put an even more high profile career on the table and will get the same respect. Very important for both of them when telling people the jobs they are expected to do on the field. And I think they are both very intelligent. Both are very articulate and, of course, in Henry's case articulate in English & Italian as well as his native French.

Tbh given the recent history of Derby & Villa I'm not sure I would have picked either if it had been my choice though.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 am

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

Agree he got where he got through hard work and a very professional attitude. Not sure about the family coaching background bit though. From what we hear Frank Senior only got the job because of his relationship with Twitchy and was only good for putting the cones out. ;)

His achievements as a player will earn him respect and give him the credibility any manager needs. But Henry can put an even more high profile career on the table and will get the same respect. Very important for both of them when telling people the jobs they are expected to do on the field. And I think they are both very intelligent. Both are very articulate and, of course, in Henry's case articulate in English & Italian as well as his native French.

Tbh given the recent history of Derby & Villa I'm not sure I would have picked either if it had been my choice though.
Henry would attract better players because of who he is though.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:36 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Henry would attract better players because of who he is though.
They will both have good contacts within the Arsenal & Chelsea development squads I guess. And both those clubs have excellent youth set ups.

But I've already told you who my money would be on if I was a betting man. ;)

http://hammerschat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 20#p178454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Social Media