Some got carried away,but that`s Football.

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Some got carried away,but that`s Football.

Post by terrya1965 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:50 pm

When you don't expect to get anything(Everton away),we go and produce a blinding unexpected win.

Then tonight,some of fans thinking we`ll get 3 or 4 ,we get beat.Some get carried away.It`s not just our fans,others do it too.

If football was predictable I'II be a millionaire now.

You just have to take it on the chin and move on.

We`ll have other great periods this season,and we`ll have some unexpected loses too,like tonight.

We are all a bit pissed off tonight,but I still think we`ll have a good season.We got some decent players and we are still learning has a team.

We'll just have to take it on the chin and move on.
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Re: Some got carried away,but that`s Football.

Post by Dicksies Diner » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:28 pm

This was the game that we was gonna see how much we've improved when it's on us to break down a team. In the 1st half we didn't have a clue second we tried and played better. Still tons of improving to be made especially in top 3 players and arturs defending awarnes. I'm not down or panacking.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:09 am

Bit too old to be fooled in to thinking we've turned the corner. Had so many kicks up the bollocks over the years with us, it's become second nature. On the plus side it's the filth up next and we've got two weeks to get over some knocks and niggles. And that long streak of piss Carroll owes us big time.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:00 am

Know we lost,and I HATE losing,never been in the "Oh it's just a game camp"
And really thought we would win last night.

But took away a few positives from last night.....you can Def see an improvement,from the
start of the season,it's coming together..
Tough old league now...no weak sides....TV money I Spose.
Even City will lose 2 maybe 3 this year....you can't win em all,Spuds are way better than us but they've
been losing games.....art is to learn from it,fill the gaps and improve.

But Losing Lanza,Jack,and now Sanchez....really not helped Peller,really limits us,to what we
can do......Lanza in for Obiang last night ...pretty certain we win..
0 x

Post by 12121 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:07 am

mkhammer wrote:Know we lost,and I HATE losing,never been in the "Oh it's just a game camp"

But took away a few positives from last night.....you can Def see an improvement,from the
Even City will lose 2 maybe 3 this year....you can't win em all,Spuds are way better than us but they've

But Losing Lanza,Jack,and now Sanchez....really not helped Peller,really limits us,to what we
Firstly, you really think Wilshire and Sanchez will make a difference??!!? Really??!!?

As for Lanzini, I think you mean him, was he pulling up trees before his injury? Can he play centre midfield in the PL? Would taking out In Obiang defensive qualities and replacing them with Lanzinis non existent ones really benefit the team?
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:34 am

12121 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Know we lost,and I HATE losing,never been in the "Oh it's just a game camp"

Firstly, you really think Wilshire and Sanchez will make a difference??!!? Really??!!?

As for Lanzini, I think you mean him, was he pulling up trees before his injury? Can he play centre midfield in the PL? Would taking out In Obiang defensive qualities and replacing them with Lanzinis non existent ones really benefit the team?
Nah was referring to the Opera singer mate... :lol:
"Lanzini" is one of our players..IMO...

It's about having options and cover pal.....our MF don't really have that at the moment,and worried
if we lose one of the 3 at the moment.

You just said in another thread you shouldn't play 3 Sitters/Defensively minded players,which
I agree with...(but pellers hand is being forced at moment because of the 3 injuries..)
I Agree with you by saying I would have Jack or Lanza or similar,in my preferred starting MF,and you
disagree/question it...... :lol:

So what is it a Solid Defensive MF set up or a slightly more attack minded one.........
You're the expert...
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:40 am

Gets on my bloody tits it does :x
We just cannot build up a real head of steam can we.
Every time when you think we're gaining some real momentum...... shit like last night happens.
I know it's early days etc etc and we didn't play really poorly etc etc but it IS so frustrating.

Winning when we expect to lose and losing when we expect to win represents "The West Ham Way" more than anything else.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Post by 12121 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:41 am

mkhammer wrote:
12121 wrote:

It's about having options and cover pal.....our MF don't really have that at the moment,and worried

You just said in another thread you shouldn't play 3 Sitters/Defensively minded players,which
I agree with...(but pellers hand is being forced at moment because of the 3 injuries..)
I Agree with you by saying I would have Jack or Lanza or similar,in my preferred starting MF,and you

So what is it a Solid Defensive MF set up or a slightly more attack minded one.........
You're the expert...
We haven't got a set up to supement Lanzini in central midfield. Also, don't forget he has been very, very disappointing. A case of a player improving while being injured. Check out old match threads before he was injured.
We need a central midfielder who runs beyond the forwards, that is not Lanzini game The only way to move an extreme defensive set up out of their rehearsed shape is for central midfielders to run beyond forwards causing confusion.
If we do not get this type of players the season will be full of us playing pretty patterns in front of the opposition, as they will allow it, without threatening their goal.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:51 am

Dicksies Diner wrote:This was the game that we was gonna see how much we've improved when it's on us to break down a team. In the 1st half we didn't have a clue second we tried and played better. Still tons of improving to be made especially in top 3 players and arturs defending awarnes. I'm not down or panacking.
Totally agree with the players you picked for improvement,if we had been more clinical in and around the box we wouldn't have lost as many games.
Arnie was getting in good positions and perhaps should have scored at least one,as a top striker would.Yarmolenko was disappointing,probably his less memorable game since he's been fit and starting in the first team,and Anderson had a good enough game but too many loose balls and always had to worry about Arfur as you say,his corners were simply not good enough,but got forward well second half.
I blame Arfur for the goal partly as he tracked Murray's run as far as the box then stopped and watched,Diop was not happy,but if he can't defend better and improve his ball in the final third then you're left with nothing.COYI
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:39 pm

12121 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

You're the expert...
We haven't got a set up to supement Lanzini in central midfield. Also, don't forget he has been very, very disappointing. A case of a player improving while being injured. Check out old match threads before he was injured.
We need a central midfielder who runs beyond the forwards, that is not Lanzini game The only way to move an extreme defensive set up out of their rehearsed shape is for central midfielders to run beyond forwards causing confusion.
If we do not get this type of players the season will be full of us playing pretty patterns in front of the opposition, as they will allow it, without threatening their goal.

Yeah mate,some fair comments there...
Lanzini wise,think we had/have a very special player there....but after this injury,,,who knows..
But he was up there with Payet for getting me out of my seat at times with some lovely football,
and the link he was forming with Arnie,when Moyes moved him(Arnie)more central,the one twos
with like you say running beyond,was really exciting...then Bang injured (first one)

Think we're seeing it pretty much the same way,I like to have the 3 in MF....2 sitters call em
whatever,and 1 more advanced.....the sitters play a 1 stays one goes,so we have Rice and Noble
there....then you would have someone like Jack/Lanzini,to pick the ball and run with it,linking
up with the strikers with the one twos etc,thats were were screwed now,so we're kinda stuck
with what we have.
Me I would try Anderson a bit deeper maybe,make him a playmaker instead of wide attacker,
but one of the 3 sitters has to make way...and at the moment I'm afraid that has to be Obiang.

But in saying that we're playing OK at the moment,shame bout last night,bit more luck
we'd have got a result...but def improving.....65% possession ain't seen that from us in F.in years
.... :lol:
0 x

Social Media