Some got carried away,but that`s Football.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Some got carried away,but that`s Football.

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:18 pm

mkhammer wrote:Know we lost,and I HATE losing,never been in the "Oh it's just a game camp"
And really thought we would win last night.

But took away a few positives from last night.....you can Def see an improvement,from the
start of the season,it's coming together..
Tough old league now...no weak sides....TV money I Spose.
Even City will lose 2 maybe 3 this year....you can't win em all,Spuds are way better than us but they've
been losing games.....art is to learn from it,fill the gaps and improve.

But Losing Lanza,Jack,and now Sanchez....really not helped Peller,really limits us,to what we
can do......Lanza in for Obiang last night ...pretty certain we win..

Losing Wilshere has in fact proved to be a benefit. Maybe a short term one but a benefit nonetheless. It enabled Pellegrini to find, imo, the most effective midfield combination amongst the present available staff in a 4 at the back system. And we need to stop factoring in Lanzini at the moment don't we. Given the seriousness of his injury I doubt if we will see a fully functioning Lanzini at all this season, assuming he ever gets back to his previous level.

I didn't see the game on Friday night so I can't really comment but from what I've read the main problem was not the midfield or lack of scoring opportunities but the fact those opportunities weren't capitalised upon. With once again, from reports I've read, Antonio being one of the serial offenders.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:49 am

terrya1965 wrote:When you don't expect to get anything(Everton away),we go and produce a blinding unexpected win.

Then tonight,some of fans thinking we`ll get 3 or 4 ,we get beat.Some get carried away.It`s not just our fans,others do it too.

If football was predictable I'II be a millionaire now.

You just have to take it on the chin and move on.

We`ll have other great periods this season,and we`ll have some unexpected loses too,like tonight.

We are all a bit pissed off tonight,but I still think we`ll have a good season.We got some decent players and we are still learning has a team.

We'll just have to take it on the chin and move on.

goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:) goodpost:)
0 x
Flairon

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:42 pm

The three Pelle is using in mf has worked well to stop teams breaking us down. Against more accomplished attacking sides this has served us well. I would hope this also a necessity only while our new central defenders adjust to the league, as the more comfortable they get, the less of a need to have 3 holding mids in front of them. In fact with ascension of Rice, I would like to think in a lot of games (Friday’s included) that’s all we need protecting them.

This then opens the opportunity, when fit, for a Wilshere or Lanzini to play in front and worry more about the attacking play than defending. When Moyes did that with Lanzini last season, he & Arnie were immense in keeping us up. Now with an ever improving defensive setup (Arthur aside) hopefully we can start to push more up to support our forwards.
0 x

AdriansWall

Postby AdriansWall » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:01 am

Has anyone noticed that 7 of our 8 games has been against teams that are now sitting in the top 8 in the league? The other one being against Everton. #nopanic
1 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am

AdriansWall wrote:Has anyone noticed that 7 of our 8 games has been against teams that are now sitting in the top 8 in the league? The other one being against Everton. #nopanic

Well they will be . They are winning games.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

terrya1965 wrote:When you don't expect to get anything(Everton away),we go and produce a blinding unexpected win.

Then tonight,some of fans thinking we`ll get 3 or 4 ,we get beat.Some get carried away.It`s not just our fans,others do it too.

We`ll have other great periods this season,and we`ll have some unexpected loses too,like tonight.

We are all a bit pissed off tonight,but I still think we`ll have a good season.We got some decent players and we are still learning has a team.

I dont EXPECT to win any game let alone getting 3 or 4 goals. No team can continually win and the beauty of football and the Premier league in particular is that everyone can beat everyone on any given day.

I was at Brighton. I would have taken a draw as they are a hard team to beat. We beat Man Utd but so did they and we were side by side in the table.

I still think that we have turned a corner. If you look at the Arsenal and Brighton games, we just needed to be more clinical. We had enough of the ball and made enough chances. Sometimes it happens for you when you don't deserve it and sometimes it doesn't when you do. That is down to confidence and if Obiang had connected with his shot cleanly and Balbuena had hit the target with his unmarked header we would have won. Small margins mean that you win some and lose some in close matches.

What I do know is that we are attacking teams, playing some decent football at times and look in better shape than last season.

Anyone thinking we are or should be a top 6 side based on a couple of good results is slightly misguided as that really is not the way the PL works. Bournemouth are up there now, Watford were up there previously and are now crashing down the table. In the PL, teams tend to have winning streaks based on confidence and so it will remain to be seen where we are come the turn of the year when we have played everyone once. I certainly think we are significantly better than we were last season but expect us to probably finish 9-11th.
2 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am

h69 wrote:

I dont EXPECT to win any game let alone getting 3 or 4 goals. No team can continually win and the beauty of football and the Premier league in particular is that everyone can beat everyone on any given day.

I was at Brighton. I would have taken a draw as they are a hard team to beat. We beat Man Utd but so did they and we were side by side in the table.

I still think that we have turned a corner. If you look at the Arsenal and Brighton games, we just needed to be more clinical. We had enough of the ball and made enough chances. Sometimes it happens for you when you don't deserve it and sometimes it doesn't when you do. That is down to confidence and if Obiang had connected with his shot cleanly and Balbuena had hit the target with his unmarked header we would have won. Small margins mean that you win some and lose some in close matches.

What I do know is that we are attacking teams, playing some decent football at times and look in better shape than last season.

Anyone thinking we are or should be a top 6 side based on a couple of good results is slightly misguided as that really is not the way the PL works. Bournemouth are up there now, Watford were up there previously and are now crashing down the table. In the PL, teams tend to have winning streaks based on confidence and so it will remain to be seen where we are come the turn of the year when we have played everyone once. I certainly think we are significantly better than we were last season but expect us to probably finish 9-11th.

Under BFS and Bilic(after Payet),we got lucky in quite a few.

Under MP,you can see we have got a bit of quality in most parts of the field now and will compete with the best.Brighton and Arsenal,we were very unlucky to lose both.

We are still learning and we will get better.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 am

terrya1965 wrote:
h69 wrote:

Under BFS and Bilic(after Payet),we got lucky in quite a few.

Under MP,you can see we have got a bit of quality in most parts of the field now and will compete with the best.Brighton and Arsenal,we were very unlucky to lose both.

We are still learning and we will get better.

And not forgetting the Wolves match Terry, a silly mistake in the 93rd min left us with nothing again, we weren't good but we could have held on for a point.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”