B o w l o c k s

Chat about anything football related here!
grandad

B o w l o c k s

Postby grandad » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:59 am

Poxy international break.

How fucking boring next weekend going to be
1 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Flairon

Re: B o w l o c k s

Postby Flairon » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:06 am

Agreed. Although to be fair the last one was kind to us. Let's hope we bounce back just as strongly after this one.
0 x
Flairon

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:14 pm

I agree with you.

I HATE them..One last month,one next week and another next month.

We actually play more games in December,than we play in both October and November.

The most annoying thing is I get 3 out of 7 weekends off and 2 of them have been bloody International weekend this season. :cry:

That is one thing I would change if I was allowed to..NO INTERNATIONAL WEEKENDS.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 pm

grandad wrote:Poxy international break.

What exactly is the point of international football, apart from World cups and European Championships/Copa Libertadores/African Nations cup competitions.? Answers on a postcard to FIFA HQ please.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:37 am

sometimes its a blessing in disguise and sometimes it aint
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:09 am

Whiskyman wrote:
grandad wrote:Poxy international break.

What exactly is the point of international football, apart from World cups and European Championships/Copa Libertadores/African Nations cup competitions.? Answers on a postcard to FIFA HQ please.

I would like to see them do a survey on whether fans want the International weekend or to play them games in midweek.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:33 am

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I would like to see them do a survey on whether fans want the International weekend or to play them games in midweek.

International football

Load of old cunt.
2 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Have to agree Grandad

Then clubs start fucking bitching about fixture pile ups.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:01 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I'd prefer to see a survey asking if the fucking things could be done away with completely.

Now the World Cup is going to be enlarged again apparently I really think there's a case for giving certain countries automatic entry. After all with 48 countries (I think) going to take part eventually it's going to be harder not to qualify than actually do it. So surely we can do away with these fucking stupid England v San Marino and Germany v Gibraltar turkey shoots. Fixtures like that totally devalue international caps and particularly goalscoring records imo.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:43 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:

I'd prefer to see a survey asking if the fucking things could be done away with completely.

Now the World Cup is going to be enlarged again apparently I really think there's a case for giving certain countries automatic entry. After all with 48 countries (I think) going to take part eventually it's going to be harder not to qualify than actually do it. So surely we can do away with these fucking stupid England v San Marino and Germany v Gibraltar turkey shoots. Fixtures like that totally devalue international caps and particularly goalscoring records imo.

This is the point of the Nations League . We won’t be playing the likes of San Marino or Gibraltar .

And I maybe wrong but I believe I’m right in saying that a number of countries may qualify for the European champions or (maybe) World Cup through the UEFA Nations League ?

I’m sure I’ll be corrected otherwise .
Personally , though still not a great fan of international footy especially the cunts that influence the picking of England squads , I have noticed an increase in competitively recently since we are playing better quality opponents.
2 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”