B o w l o c k s

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: B o w l o c k s

Post by Whiskyman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:32 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I'd prefer to see a survey asking if the fucking things could be done away with completely.

Now the World Cup is going to be enlarged again apparently I really think there's a case for giving certain countries automatic entry. After all with 48 countries (I think) going to take part eventually it's going to be harder not to qualify than actually do it. So surely we can do away with these fucking stupid England v San Marino and Germany v Gibraltar turkey shoots. Fixtures like that totally devalue international caps and particularly goalscoring records imo.
This is the point of the Nations League . We won’t be playing the likes of San Marino or Gibraltar .

And I maybe wrong but I believe I’m right in saying that a number of countries may qualify for the European champions or (maybe) World Cup through the UEFA Nations League ?

I’m sure I’ll be corrected otherwise .
Personally , though still not a great fan of international footy especially the cunts that influence the picking of England squads , I have noticed an increase in competitively recently since we are playing better quality opponents.
I don't pretend to understand this new format other than it's a league table. But as I understand it, and like you I could also be wrong, I think the only difference it has to qualifying for tournaments is that it guaranrees a play off place, not an actual place,should the country that wins a group fail to score enough goals against San Marinmo, Gibraltar or the fucking Isle of Wight to qualify automatically.

In other word's it's as the OP says. A load of old bowlocks.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 pm

terrya1965 wrote:I agree with you.

I HATE them..One last month,one next week and another next month.

We actually play more games in December,than we play in both October and November.

The most annoying thing is I get 3 out of 7 weekends off and 2 of them have been bloody International weekend this season. :cry:

That is one thing I would change if I was allowed to..NO INTERNATIONAL WEEKENDS.
And England play Friday,so I miss the bloody game has well. :cry:
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:33 am

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
I'd prefer to see a survey asking if the fucking things could be done away with completely.

Now the World Cup is going to be enlarged again apparently I really think there's a case for giving certain countries automatic entry. After all with 48 countries (I think) going to take part eventually it's going to be harder not to qualify than actually do it. So surely we can do away with these fucking stupid England v San Marino and Germany v Gibraltar turkey shoots. Fixtures like that totally devalue international caps and particularly goalscoring records imo.
This is the point of the Nations League . We won’t be playing the likes of San Marino or Gibraltar .

And I maybe wrong but I believe I’m right in saying that a number of countries may qualify for the European champions or (maybe) World Cup through the UEFA Nations League ?

Personally , though still not a great fan of international footy especially the cunts that influence the picking of England squads , I have noticed an increase in competitively recently since we are playing better quality opponents.

I think you're right on all points mate but I could still live without it. I do miss the cut and thrust of the league schedule.

I didn't even like this weekends inactivity due to the friday ko
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am

Gonzo wrote:
Newmarket wrote: This is the point of the Nations League . We won’t be playing the likes of San Marino or Gibraltar .

I think you're right on all points mate but I could still live without it. I do miss the cut and thrust of the league schedule.

No you missed the piss up
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:07 am

Newmarket wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

No you missed the piss up
Well that's true of course but even if I don't go I do like watching on the over the weekend and still look forward to that.

I quite enjoy watching on the TV to be fair because for home games I'm a bit too far and away game I'm too close . . . . . . The TV is the Goldilocks zone :lol:
0 x

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Sort of agree but at least with these international breaks we're playing good opposition and not the usual shite (Andorra, Scotland etc..).
So they should be better games.
0 x

grandad

Post by grandad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:29 pm

jhammers wrote:Sort of agree but at least with these international breaks we're playing good opposition and not the usual shite (Andorra, Scotland etc..).

If you watch it that is. Lol

Load of old cunt whoever is playing. IMHO that is.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 pm

jhammers wrote:Sort of agree but at least with these international breaks we're playing good opposition and not the usual shite (Andorra, Scotland etc..).
Scotland :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:43 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Scotland :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
;) :lol:
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:01 pm

It`s not just the weekend,it affects 2 weeks of Football overall(No football either side of weekend).

That`s 8 weeks in a season.EVERY fan hates it,so why do they do it?
0 x

Social Media