Masuaku

Chat about anything football related here!
Pennywise

Re: Masuaku

Postby Pennywise » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 am

I must have said it a thousand times, he is never a full back in a 4. He has all the positional sense of my missus.

I hear a lot that he's a winger, but his final product is almost as bad as his defending.

If we're playing a 4, Cresswell has to start for me.
1 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:19 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
IronsForever wrote:
Probably genrate some half decent funds offloading a few also Neville. If we get 30 Million from the twins and offload Reid , Carroll, Antonio and Chico that should return around 40 million. 70 Mill to bring in 2 very decent key players. One up top alongside Arnie and one decent box to box Mid player.

Admire your optimism mate but £40 mill for the little lot you mentioned is way more than we can hope to get for them. Although getting rid would free up a lot from the salary payments. Problem is of course any decent replacements usually cost big bucks in fees and salaries. Although hopefully with Husillos the days of giving bang average players like Reid and Antonio massive increases after a handful of decent performances are a thing of the past and we can find more gems like Balbuena for peanuts.

Carroll's out of contract at the end of the season so will walk away and even if we could find some mug prepared to take him off our hands before then I doubt if they'd cough up any readies. Hernandez might bring in a few quid but I doubt if Antonio would reach double figures in the transfer market and shifting Reid, with his big long term contract, would probably keep any fee low. £20 mill absolute tops would be my bet. We only got peanuts for Kouyate didn't we ?

Unless i am mistaken we got 10.7 million for that cart horse and he can't get in the starting 11. That gives me hope!!

Antonio 14 Mill.. Chico 12 Million. Reid 6. Carroll 2 mars bars and a fizzy drink!! Oggy could be a decent earner if he doesnt fancy hanging around on the subs bench. Should fetch cover 10.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:36 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Admire your optimism mate but £40 mill for the little lot you mentioned is way more than we can hope to get for them. Although getting rid would free up a lot from the salary payments. Problem is of course any decent replacements usually cost big bucks in fees and salaries. Although hopefully with Husillos the days of giving bang average players like Reid and Antonio massive increases after a handful of decent performances are a thing of the past and we can find more gems like Balbuena for peanuts.

Carroll's out of contract at the end of the season so will walk away and even if we could find some mug prepared to take him off our hands before then I doubt if they'd cough up any readies. Hernandez might bring in a few quid but I doubt if Antonio would reach double figures in the transfer market and shifting Reid, with his big long term contract, would probably keep any fee low. £20 mill absolute tops would be my bet. We only got peanuts for Kouyate didn't we ?

Unless i am mistaken we got 10.7 million for that cart horse and he can't get in the starting 11. That gives me hope!!

Antonio 14 Mill.. Chico 12 Million. Reid 6. Carroll 2 mars bars and a fizzy drink!! Oggy could be a decent earner if he doesnt fancy hanging around on the subs bench. Should fetch cover 10.

Don`t forget there is also a chance that Hugill will stay at Middlesbourough for another 8 million, I cant see Adrian staying to play second fiddle again, 3-4 million, there is also Fernandes who is worth 4-5 million and lets not forget poor old Bryran for maybe a fizzy drink.
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:51 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:
IronsForever wrote:

Don`t forget there is also a chance that Hugill will stay at Middlesbourough for another 8 million, I cant see Adrian staying to play second fiddle again, 3-4 million, there is also Fernandes who is worth 4-5 million and lets not forget poor old Bryran for maybe a fizzy drink.

Should get more than that for Fernandes .Shame because i think he would have loved the current Pellegrini system as he prefers to make runs from deep. Moyes removed that enjoyment from his game last year. With Sanchez out maybe we can get him back in Jan.
If Adrian goes it will cost us dough to replace him so nothing gained there. Byram has to be worth 4 Mill on the current market.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Penny's right.

He has no credit balance after that colossal mistake.

Bring back Cresswell, but he'll need some passing practise.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:59 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:We've known Masuaka can't defend for a while. That's something you can overlook playing 3 CBs, but in a back four it's far from ideal.
I think comparing him to Zabaleta is unfair though. Zabaleta may be 35, but in his prime he was nothing short of a world class fullback.
If you wanted to buy a 25 year old version of Zabaleta you wouldn't get much change out of £50m these days.
Fact is we'll have to make do with our shortcomings in midfield and fullback until January, or maybe even next summer.

The one good thing is that although next summer's budget is unlikely to match this summer's, we will be able to spend it all on buying quality for 2 or 3 positions.

Probably genrate some half decent funds offloading a few also Neville. If we get 30 Million from the twins and offload Reid , Carroll, Antonio and Chico that should return around 40 million. 70 Mill to bring in 2 very decent key players. One up top alongside Arnie and one decent box to box Mid player.

Strangely I'm looking to AC to come back and be the change of approach we lacked against Brighton,we could have launched some crosses in for him,as an impact sub in that sort of situation he could be useful.
Whether he'd be happy with a massive pay cut and wait for the call from the bench is another matter.COYI
0 x

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm

He wont get a better offer,will he?
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Mikeveep wrote:Penny's right.

I would also prefer Cresswell back in, better defensively, even though statistically Arthur has produced the 2nd highest number of tackles in the team, behind, ANDERSON.. :lol: Cresswell also produces a fair few assists as proved last season,
and when on song can put in some decent crosses. I think the position is now Cresswells to loose. Maybe Mr P is looking to improve that position in the transfer window, keep Cresswell and move Arthur on, he must be worth another 5 or 6 million, I know its a long shot but Luke Shaws out of contract at the end of this season and would be a definite up grade.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:32 pm

IronsForever wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:

Should get more than that for Fernandes .Shame because i think he would have loved the current Pellegrini system as he prefers to make runs from deep. Moyes removed that enjoyment from his game last year. With Sanchez out maybe we can get him back in Jan.
If Adrian goes it will cost us dough to replace him so nothing gained there. Byram has to be worth 4 Mill on the current market.

You’re right about Fernandes , it’s a tragedy he’s been moved on , the perfect replacement for Lanzini in this current system though . Not a defensive midfielder like Sanchez .

He’s been doing well in Italy so he won’t be coming back .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:35 pm

Mikeveep wrote:Penny's right.

He’s never been able to defend has he ?

So I wonder what Pellegrini sees in him tbh though Cresswell isn’t much better save a few decent crosses .

Definitley a position up for strengthening .

Trouble is we need 4 of em ...
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”