Masuaku

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Masuaku

Post by Flairon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 am

I seem to recall prior to the start of the season, many were calling for Masuaku to start ahead of Cresswell. He is good going forward and presumably that is what he is in the team for. Not making excuse, but questioning the reaction after a poor performance?

At the end of the day, he was not the only one at fault for the Brighton goal. After all, we gave the ball up cheaply on the right side of midfield and their cross came in from their left flank.
0 x
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:59 am

http://westhamfans.org/content/king-aut ... gone-wrong" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:12 am

Flairon wrote:I seem to recall prior to the start of the season, many were calling for Masuaku to start ahead of Cresswell. He is good going forward and presumably that is what he is in the team for. Not making excuse, but questioning the reaction after a poor performance?

At the end of the day, he was not the only one at fault for the Brighton goal. After all, we gave the ball up cheaply on the right side of midfield and their cross came in from their left flank.
Imo the problem with both Masuaku and Cresswell is that on form they each offer something going forward. Masuaku is good with the ball at his feet and Cresswell is capable of quality deliveries. Unfortunately both can be defensive liabilities and for this reason I suspect the days of both are numbered.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Dagger

Post by Dagger » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:34 am

for I really like Masuaku as his got good feet BUT I would rather a very fit Creswell who can defend and if he take a leaf out of the old boy on the other side of the defence could be really effective IMHO
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am

I think he has to be dropped, Cresswell be given his chance again but that said as people have been saying if MP thinks Masuaku should be picked over Cresswell despite his recent performances than a LB should be brought in either Jan or the Summer.
0 x

only1salty

Post by only1salty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Right - so for the first time in as long as I can remember we have a squad capable of soaking up injuries, competing on the league cup and a manager who knows what he is doing.

Now we have a collective of fans deciding we should sell the entire fringe squad - go back to a squad size of 13 and play a different formation. Sometimes numbers talks more sense!

As for Massuako - Michael Flatley has good feet but doesn't mean he should be our left back. If we play a flat back 4 then Arthur is almost a goal a game against but as a wing back he is not too bad.

Definite work required in that position in Jan.
0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Flairon wrote:I seem to recall prior to the start of the season, many were calling for Masuaku to start ahead of Cresswell. He is good going forward and presumably that is what he is in the team for. Not making excuse, but questioning the reaction after a poor performance?

It's not just the Brighton game mate, a few of us have been saying it for a while; he just can't defend in a 4. Playing as a wing back he's a good option, but in a 4, he just doesn't have the positional discipline.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:21 pm

only1salty wrote: Now we have a collective of fans deciding we should sell the entire fringe squad - go back to a squad size of 13 and play a different formation. Sometimes numbers talks more sense!
I haven't seen anyone suggest anything like that. I think it can be safely assumed that if people are sold then replacements will be brought in. Surely that is what most peopke want to see ? A gradual improvement in the quality of the personnel. Hopefully the bad old days of bringing in quantity, Redknapp style, over quality are over and we will see a more structured recruitment plan.

I for one am looking forward to seeing if Husillos can unearth any more gems like he appears to have done with Balbuena.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Good Post. I thought last season he was a revelation with his tricks and neat football in tight areas. Bombing down that wing, his only vice was defending which can be improved. But this season he hasn't got the green light to express himself from the new manager so whats the point in playing him?
He is a now a poor left back that gives the ball to \Anderson whenever he can.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Lets hope that article is right about Pelle being ruthless because if that is the case then we will have one hell of a team by the time he leaves.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media