AC.

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: AC.

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:41 pm

Taansend wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:"Off the bench" I totally agree but nothing more.
However, he will probably throw a hissy fit for not starting, stamp his foot in protest and then sprain his ankle in the process.

For all of his faults, having a hissy fit isn't one of them, Tone. He seems a pretty chill bloke.

Maybe not hissy fits but he's been generally pretty vocal in the past about his "right" to start.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:04 pm

So we sign up a player -- who in six and a half seasons has managed just over 100 games -- for ANOTHER two years on full whack (£90k pw), so he can come off the bench when Arnautovic isn't doing the business?

Since August 2017 he's played 18 times for us.
Christ anyone who wants to see him here next season needs their head testing. :lol:
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:36 pm

12121 wrote:Could end up being the most important player in the squad.
We lack the ability to create chances against teams who do not come at us , so off the bench he may end up being our only chance to break down defensive minded teams.

Understand the logic of hump and lump as a last resort and we do lack a big lump for such circumstances. But I'm sure there are better, cheaper and fitter options out there than the injury prone version we've been saddled with these last 6 years.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
12121 wrote:Could end up being the most important player in the squad.
We lack the ability to create chances against teams who do not come at us , so off the bench he may end up being our only chance to break down defensive minded teams.

Understand the logic of hump and lump as a last resort and we do lack a big lump for such circumstances. But I'm sure there are better, cheaper and fitter options out there than the injury prone version we've been saddled with these last 6 years.

Doesn't need to be hump and lump.

At the end of the Brighton game (and with the exception of Antonio), we put in a load of decent crosses that he would have loved. One was on a plate for Balbuena but he is obviously trained to head them wide :lol: Had Carroll been on, he would have likely coverted a couple and given Dunk a far more torrid time than the players that were on did.

Also, because Dunk was so dominant in the air, a lot of the crosses were sent in low but with Carroll on, variation could mean a bit more of a chance.

We'd all rather have a fit player of that ilk but at least while he is here this season, we should try and get him on the bench for however long that may be.
2 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Taansend wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:"Off the bench" I totally agree but nothing more.
However, he will probably throw a hissy fit for not starting, stamp his foot in protest and then sprain his ankle in the process.

For all of his faults, having a hissy fit isn't one of them, Tone. He seems a pretty chill bloke.

He loves to chill lol.
Fuck him off ASAP. out for 3 months before the season even starts. His body is done!
Only player i know can get whiplash celebrating a goal.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Rick_Deckard

Postby Rick_Deckard » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Who is AC ?... ;)
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Rick_Deckard wrote:Who is AC ?... ;)

A.C Aka!! " The Kangaroo "
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Rick_Deckard wrote:Who is AC ?... ;)

I'm assuming Alice Cooper
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:16 am

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Doesn't need to be hump and lump.

At the end of the Brighton game (and with the exception of Antonio), we put in a load of decent crosses that he would have loved. One was on a plate for Balbuena but he is obviously trained to head them wide :lol: Had Carroll been on, he would have likely coverted a couple and given Dunk a far more torrid time than the players that were on did.

Also, because Dunk was so dominant in the air, a lot of the crosses were sent in low but with Carroll on, variation could mean a bit more of a chance.

We'd all rather have a fit player of that ilk but at least while he is here this season, we should try and get him on the bench for however long that may be.

Imo if Pellegrini believes a player of that type would be an asset we'd be better off going into the market and getting one. Presumably we've been trying to get Carroll on the pitch, as you suggest, since his injury but given past experience the best we're likely to achieve is the odd game or two followed by yet another sabbatical.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:24 am

Presuming his injuries are real and not a code for rehab or anything else, I feel sorry for the bloke. Yes, you can get used to 90k a week, but no athlete wants to be injured and not plying their trade at what should be the peak of their career.

He is a top striker and if fit would be a huge asset and a 20+ goals a season man.

He is not a one trick pony (or giraffe) just scoring headers, he also has two good feet. There have been many chances recently gone begging, incl from our main man Arnie, that I often think I bet AC would have had that. He also tracks back and is a huge defensive asset too, more than any other attacking player we have. Not scared of a challenge either and is not so lightweight he gets bullied in possession (Perez, Felipe & Yarmo).

He is also a top bloke and a great asset in the dressing room, funny guy.

BUT, the injury record is so worrying that he can barely have a future in the game, let along at our club. If he was a dog or horse, he would be put down.... I would love him to stay if he could play 75% of the season. But he never will. So he has to either get seriously reduced wages or a pay as you play deal.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”