AC.

Chat about anything football related here!
Chicken Runner

Re: AC.

Postby Chicken Runner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:15 am

[quote="BCHammer"]Presuming his injuries are real and not a code for rehab or anything else, I feel sorry for the bloke. Yes, you can get used to 90k a week, but no athlete wants to be injured and not plying their trade at what should be the peak of their career.

He is a top striker and if fit would be a huge asset and a 20+ goals a season man.

He is not a one trick pony (or giraffe) just scoring headers, he also has two good feet. There have been many chances recently gone begging, incl from our main man Arnie, that I often think I bet AC would have had that. He also tracks back and is a huge defensive asset too, more than any other attacking player we have. Not scared of a challenge either and is not so lightweight he gets bullied in possession (Perez, Felipe & Yarmo).

He is also a top bloke and a great asset in the dressing room, funny guy.

BUT, the injury record is so worrying that he can barely have a future in the game, let along at our club. If he was a dog or horse, he would be put down.... I would love him to stay if he could play 75% of the season. But he never will. So he has to either get seriously reduced wages or a pay as you play deal.

This!
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:15 am

Nothing against the guy and I know he id an adset when fit, however his body just aint up for it especially with his physical playstyle.

Would like a player of the same type in the squad. But Carrol unfortunaly isnt avaliable often enough.
0 x

Pennywise

Postby Pennywise » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:02 am

I'm in the minority then as I'd keep him.
1 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 am

Chicken Runner wrote:
BCHammer wrote:Presuming his injuries are real and not a code for rehab or anything else, I feel sorry for the bloke. Yes, you can get used to 90k a week, but no athlete wants to be injured and not plying their trade at what should be the peak of their career.

He is a top striker and if fit would be a huge asset and a 20+ goals a season man.

He is not a one trick pony (or giraffe) just scoring headers, he also has two good feet. There have been many chances recently gone begging, incl from our main man Arnie, that I often think I bet AC would have had that. He also tracks back and is a huge defensive asset too, more than any other attacking player we have. Not scared of a challenge either and is not so lightweight he gets bullied in possession (Perez, Felipe & Yarmo).

He is also a top bloke and a great asset in the dressing room, funny guy.

BUT, the injury record is so worrying that he can barely have a future in the game, let along at our club. If he was a dog or horse, he would be put down.... I would love him to stay if he could play 75% of the season. But he never will. So he has to either get seriously reduced wages or a pay as you play deal.

This!

Yeah, This again..............

Tho I wouldn't put him down........we might be in a spot of bother if we done that... :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:29 am

BCHammer wrote:Presuming his injuries are real and not a code for rehab or anything else, I feel sorry for the bloke. Yes, you can get used to 90k a week, but no athlete wants to be injured and not plying their trade at what should be the peak of their career.

I think you've made a great point there mate. None of us know what the real issue is with the bloke but it is a matter of record that he does like a party. Someone on here, can't remember who, got quite sniffy when I suggested there might be more to it than normal football related injuries. But as someone who rarely these days ventures into the Canary Wharf area I can confirm that this year I have been in Smolensky's on 4 occasions and on three of those occasions Mr Carroll was also there. And the general consensus was he had been there some time. Not aggressive or anything but clearly in good spirits.

May be coincidence he was in there on the very rare occasions I was. But I tend not to believe in coincidences.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:42 am

:o
Whiskyman wrote:

I think you've made a great point there mate. None of us know what the real issue is with the bloke but it is a matter of record that he does like a party. Someone on here, can't remember who, got quite sniffy when I suggested there might be more to it than normal football related injuries. But as someone who rarely these days ventures into the Canary Wharf area I can confirm that this year I have been in Smolensky's on 4 occasions and on three of those occasions Mr Carroll was also there. And the general consensus was he had been there some time. Not aggressive or anything but clearly in good spirits.

May be coincidence he was in there on the very rare occasions I was. But I tend not to believe in coincidences.

So AC is in the pub 3 out of 4 times,you were in the pub...which proves the lad does have a day off - you however are not so abstemious... :o
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am

BlackDiamond wrote::o
Whiskyman wrote:I think you've made a great point there mate. None of us know what the real issue is with the bloke but it is a matter of record that he does like a party. Someone on here, can't remember who, got quite sniffy when I suggested there might be more to it than normal football related injuries. But as someone who rarely these days ventures into the Canary Wharf area I can confirm that this year I have been in Smolensky's on 4 occasions and on three of those occasions Mr Carroll was also there. And the general consensus was he had been there some time. Not aggressive or anything but clearly in good spirits.

So AC is in the pub 3 out of 4 times,you were in the pub...which proves the lad does have a day off - you however are not so abstemious... :o

I once seriously considered joining a club for the abstemious. But I spelt it wrong on the form and was disqualified.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:46 pm

AC isn't a thick fella and he will know either as BC said a big pay cut and a pay as you play contract will be the best he can expect if he gets a new deal with us,or try his luck elsewhere but I can't see that coming easy.
I think if he keeps fit ;) he owes it to us to play for next to nothing,as an impact sub he could be plan B,if he turns it down then shame on him,as I say he owes us.COYI
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:AC isn't a thick fella and he will know either as BC said a big pay cut and a pay as you play contract will be the best he can expect if he gets a new deal with us,or try his luck elsewhere but I can't see that coming easy.
I think if he keeps fit ;) he owes it to us to play for next to nothing,as an impact sub he could be plan B,if he turns it down then shame on him,as I say he owes us.COYI

Agreed
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Postby palerider » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:AC isn't a thick fella and he will know either as BC said a big pay cut and a pay as you play contract will be the best he can expect if he gets a new deal with us,or try his luck elsewhere but I can't see that coming easy.

Agreed

The lighter his pay packet the less chance of him doing his back in picking it up.
2 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Return to “Football Talk”