AC.

Chat about anything football related here!
Neville Bartos

Re: AC.

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 pm

I don't know if pay as you play or a hefty reduction is worth it.
A hundred and twenty odd games in getting on for seven years.
Good as he maybe, he's a distraction more than anything.
Plus his option won't have either a reduction or a different structure in the small print.
I just feel Carroll has been part of an endemic system at West Ham. Big wages on corner stone players, with little return.
Get him out, and use the funds to let Pelle and Husillos get someone in who will actually be on the bench when we need them. Rather than having everyone eulogising about how useful they'll be when they get fit.
2 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:AC isn't a thick fella and he will know either as BC said a big pay cut and a pay as you play contract will be the best he can expect if he gets a new deal with us,or try his luck elsewhere but I can't see that coming easy.
I think if he keeps fit ;) he owes it to us to play for next to nothing,as an impact sub he could be plan B,if he turns it down then shame on him,as I say he owes us.COYI

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Speaking as someone who never really rated Carroll, I see him as a bit of a one trick pony tbh, and who didn't want us touching the bloke with a bargepoole,in part because of his, imo, limited skillset but also because of his, even then, injury history, I think he owes us squat. Morally perhaps he does, but this is football and normal morals do not apply. We were aware of his problems, or at least damn well should have been, so he is fully entitled to see out his contract and never kick another ball for us if he isn't fit to do so.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Rick_Deckard

Postby Rick_Deckard » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Taansend wrote:
Rick_Deckard wrote:Who is AC ?... ;)

I'm assuming Alice Cooper

Dunno, schools out on that one !... :lol:
2 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:AC isn't a thick fella

:shock:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:AC isn't a thick fella and he will know either as BC said a big pay cut and a pay as you play contract will be the best he can expect if he gets a new deal with us,or try his luck elsewhere but I can't see that coming easy.
I think if he keeps fit ;) he owes it to us to play for next to nothing,as an impact sub he could be plan B,if he turns it down then shame on him,as I say he owes us.COYI

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Speaking as someone who never really rated Carroll, I see him as a bit of a one trick pony tbh, and who didn't want us touching the bloke with a bargepoole,in part because of his, imo, limited skillset but also because of his, even then, injury history, I think he owes us squat. Morally perhaps he does, but this is football and normal morals do not apply. We were aware of his problems, or at least damn well should have been, so he is fully entitled to see out his contract and never kick another ball for us if he isn't fit to do so.

Have to agree, too many people can't see past the the ways we've utilized his skillset and find another way to break down a team that sits. Well my sincere hope is that Pellegrini and Husillos can, that's what they're being paid for and with the wages we'd save getting rid of sicknote's contract (and probably Chicharito's too) there's a big chunk of cash at their disposal (dwarf cut aside!!!).

Seeing as just about every other successful club in the World scores goals without a 6'4" striker and I think we can too.
0 x

Dwayne Pipes

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:46 pm

The long streak of piss has scored some fucking important goals for us though.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:The long streak of piss has scored some fucking important goals for us though.

In all honesty I can only really recall one truly match changing performance, and even that wasn't a match winner, although that wasn't his fault. His hat trick against Arsenal.

Anyway all strikers score important goals from time to time. Even Carlton Cole and Diafra Sakho. And as Hammertime says other teams can score goals without the help of a lump so we ought to be able to.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 am

BCHammer wrote:Presuming his injuries are real and not a code for rehab or anything else, I feel sorry for the bloke. Yes, you can get used to 90k a week, but no athlete wants to be injured and not plying their trade at what should be the peak of their career.

He is a top striker and if fit would be a huge asset and a 20+ goals a season man.

He is not a one trick pony (or giraffe) just scoring headers, he also has two good feet. There have been many chances recently gone begging, incl from our main man Arnie, that I often think I bet AC would have had that. He also tracks back and is a huge defensive asset too, more than any other attacking player we have. Not scared of a challenge either and is not so lightweight he gets bullied in possession (Perez, Felipe & Yarmo).

He is also a top bloke and a great asset in the dressing room, funny guy.

BUT, the injury record is so worrying that he can barely have a future in the game, let along at our club. If he was a dog or horse, he would be put down.... I would love him to stay if he could play 75% of the season. But he never will. So he has to either get seriously reduced wages or a pay as you play deal.

Sorry can't agree that he is a 20+ goals a season man. In his ten year career he has managed to get more than 9 goals in a Premiership season once and then he scored 13! That's not 20+ form to me and we can't be talking about potential in a guy fast approaching 30! He'll never be consistently fit and joins Keiron Dyer as being one of our all time worst investments.
1 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:41 am

Dont know why we need a " player like him with his skill set " if teams like man city and liverpool can play the game without them players surely we can . If we want to use a player with the same attributes as AC , not a problem , but not AC , the guy is a complete waste of a West Ham kit .
1 x

Haribo

Postby Haribo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am

[url][/url]Imo he scores most of his goals from balls crossed in from the wings in the air or on the ground (not from long balls) and he is at least as good as anyone I've seen in my nearly 70years. If we tried to find someone else to put on the bench to back up Arnie we'd need to spend £70m these days to get anywhere near his ability and there are very few that carry his threat or commitment. Looking at the options we have at the moment I am desperate for him to be back even if he can only play the last 20mins
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”