I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I'M SHAKING.

Chat about anything football related here!
Taansend

Re: I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I'M SHAKING.

Post by Taansend » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm

DanishHammer wrote:
Taansend wrote:
I didn't celebrate my birth. I was quite happy in the womb.

Not sure what that has to do with the Millennium though
Well the millennium is related to a famous person's birth, so we celebrated his 2000th birthday in 2000, not 2001
:lol:

So did you celebrate your first birthday on the day you were born :lol:
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:The year immediately following 1BC was 1AD (ie there was no year ‘zero’.

So the first year of Jesus’ life was actually 1AD (anno domini Latin for ‘in the year of the lord’.) He would’ve celebrated his first birthday on the first day of 2AD.

The thing I don’t understand is if the Gregorians created the modern day calendar based on the birth of Christ, then why 25th December to celebrate his birth? Surely his birthday should be celebrated on the first day of the calendar year?
He wasn't born on December 25th. That date had been celebrated for thousands of years before his cult appeared as it's the first noticeable day that the days start getting longer (in the Northern Hemisphere). The christians stole it, just as they stole everything else in their religion other than the name Jesus Christ.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:28 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:The year immediately following 1BC was 1AD (ie there was no year ‘zero’.

So the first year of Jesus’ life was actually 1AD (anno domini Latin for ‘in the year of the lord’.) He would’ve celebrated his first birthday on the first day of 2AD.

The thing I don’t understand is if the Gregorians created the modern day calendar based on the birth of Christ, then why 25th December to celebrate his birth? Surely his birthday should be celebrated on the first day of the calendar year?
Religious mumbo jumbo old chap. JV was supposed to have been born on Dec 25th, so we celebrate Christmas every year on that date. But wasn't he executed at Easter ? So why is Easter not on the same date every year, like his birthday? Particularly as part of the fairy tale is the coming back to life bit. So this is kind of appropriate.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And what about the bloody queen? She has a birthday, and an official birthday every year. Which must make her about 190 years old. Confuses the bollocks off me tbh.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:37 pm

Big J was reckoned to be born between 4 BC and 6 AD.

In the Q'uran, and Muslims believe he was a great prophet, it states that when he was born, Mary shook a date branch and fruit fell off. Dates ripen in the summer months so I reckon he was born on July 10th like me.
0 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:51 pm

Taansend wrote:

He wasn't born on December 25th. That date had been celebrated for thousands of years before his cult appeared as it's the first noticeable day that the days start getting longer (in the Northern Hemisphere). The christians stole it, just as they stole everything else in their religion other than the name Jesus Christ.

Born Sept most likely.....Dec to F.in cold for Shepherds to be out watching bloody sheep,
there for a census..took place late summer..
Dec 25th there abouts was some Pagan/Roman Sun Worshipping festival...

If your gonna write a biography....try and get SOME of the facts right..... :lol:
0 x

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:20 am

mkhammer wrote:
Taansend wrote:

Born Sept most likely.....Dec to F.in cold for Shepherds to be out watching bloody sheep,

If your gonna write a biography....try and get SOME of the facts right..... :lol:
I have a lot more questions than I do knowledge. I don’t know too many facts regarding the topic.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:01 am

mkhammer wrote:
Taansend wrote:

What did I get wrong?
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:52 am

OZHAMMER wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

I have a lot more questions than I do knowledge. I don’t know too many facts regarding the topic.
I wouldn't worry too much mate. Facts and religion are two words that don't belong in the same book, never mind the same sentence. ;)
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Flairon

Post by Flairon » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:51 am

Calm down Taans,

If you use the Gregorian Calendar and start the first millennium with the year 1 AD then the third millennium began with the year 2001 AD. But if you use the Common Era Calendar, in which years are numbered -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, ..., and you begin the first millennium with the year 0 CE then the third millennium began with the year 2000 CE. You have a choice. And if you opt for the Common Era Calendar you no longer have to put up with the smug assertion that "there was no year zero (so the new millennium began in 2001)". There was no year zero when Pope Gregory XIII introduced the Gregorian Calendar in the 16th Century but there certainly is one now (and in the future), and the new millennium in the Common Era Calendar began in 2000 CE.

It is all a matter of perspective (or calendars) really.
0 x
Flairon

hamstew

Post by hamstew » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Taansend wrote:

Even though Jesus Christ was Jewish.
0 x

Social Media