I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I'M SHAKING.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I'M SHAKING.

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 am

palerider wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

You could always move to Carnoustie mate. Good if you play golf as well I should imagine.
After I posted I thought I'd check to see if I had egg on my face and there was indeed a Moyes Close or an Allardyce Way in Stratford named after some 19th century industrialist.

And I'm in the process of moving right now but Carnoustie's a bit far and in any case the deep-fried chocolate bars would be bad for my health, but there is in fact a Moyes Close in Ramsgate.

I've already contacted RightMove.
This is a bit nearer home if it falls within your price bracket.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/l ... ce-street/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that's a bit pricey or the area doesn't suit I can only suggest you research Aberlour in the fine county of Banffshire, postcode AB38 9PQ. Perhaps a holiday home ? You can wistfully while away many happy moments reflecting on white knuckle rides under the management of the aforementioned whilst gazing longingly at the street sign and pining for days gone by.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

Hornchurch Hammer

Post by Hornchurch Hammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 am

palerider wrote:Malaga have just named a roundabout after Pellegrini in honour of what he did for them.

I'm seething that there isn't an Allardyce Way and a Moyes Close in Stratford.
I always thought Dog shit Alley was named after Allardyce?
0 x
Tinkety tonk old fruit and down with the Nazis

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:02 pm

palerider wrote:Malaga have just named a roundabout after Pellegrini in honour of what he did for them.

I'm seething that there isn't an Allardyce Way and a Moyes Close in Stratford.
A by-pass or a cul-de-sac would be more appropriate.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm steaming like Carlton Cole

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

DanishHammer

Post by DanishHammer » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:24 pm

Taansend wrote:I keep hearing in the media how Jadon Sancho could become the first person to play for England born in this Millennium.

He was born in March 2000 which was LAST MILLENNIUM.

This millennium didn't start until January 1st 2001.

Get it fucking right, you slags :x
So you also waited to celebrate your birth until you where 1 year old??
0 x

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
palerider wrote: After I posted I thought I'd check to see if I had egg on my face and there was indeed a Moyes Close or an Allardyce Way in Stratford named after some 19th century industrialist.

And I'm in the process of moving right now but Carnoustie's a bit far and in any case the deep-fried chocolate bars would be bad for my health, but there is in fact a Moyes Close in Ramsgate.

I've already contacted RightMove.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/l ... ce-street/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that's a bit pricey or the area doesn't suit I can only suggest you research Aberlour in the fine county of Banffshire, postcode AB38 9PQ. Perhaps a holiday home ? You can wistfully while away many happy moments reflecting on white knuckle rides under the management of the aforementioned whilst gazing longingly at the street sign and pining for days gone by.
Or you could always emigrate to Tasmania ? Go on you Devil ...
https://www.pmmrealestate.com.au/buy/re ... d-tas-7010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 pm

DanishHammer wrote:
Taansend wrote:I keep hearing in the media how Jadon Sancho could become the first person to play for England born in this Millennium.

He was born in March 2000 which was LAST MILLENNIUM.

This millennium didn't start until January 1st 2001.

Get it fucking right, you slags :x
So you also waited to celebrate your birth until you where 1 year old??
I didn't celebrate my birth. I was quite happy in the womb.

Not sure what that has to do with the Millennium though
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Or you could always emigrate to Tasmania ? Go on you Devil ...
https://www.pmmrealestate.com.au/buy/re ... d-tas-7010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
For roughly £131k at today's exchange rate I could put up with the address. You couldn't buy a fucking ex council bedsit in dear old Welwyn Garden City for that sort of money FFS.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

DanishHammer

Post by DanishHammer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 am

Taansend wrote:
DanishHammer wrote: So you also waited to celebrate your birth until you where 1 year old??
I didn't celebrate my birth. I was quite happy in the womb.

Not sure what that has to do with the Millennium though
Well the millennium is related to a famous person's birth, so we celebrated his 2000th birthday in 2000, not 2001
0 x

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm

The year immediately following 1BC was 1AD (ie there was no year ‘zero’.

So the first year of Jesus’ life was actually 1AD (anno domini Latin for ‘in the year of the lord’.) He would’ve celebrated his first birthday on the first day of 2AD.

The thing I don’t understand is if the Gregorians created the modern day calendar based on the birth of Christ, then why 25th December to celebrate his birth? Surely his birthday should be celebrated on the first day of the calendar year?
0 x

Social Media