West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham v Tottenham - Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Dwayne Pipes wrote:Back to back they look like a fucking pick axe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:22 am

You wouldn`t get in the sea if they were both doing backstroke would you? ;)
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:32 am

Yet again we've lost a close game against them....so much for them being this that and the other :roll:

Bottom line is there is not a huge amount between us.

Condsidering this is their best ever start to a Prem season...that to me says a lot.

If we sort the full back positions for starters...not exactly an expensive fix...we have come a long way in a little time.

Spurs fans are still the biggest mugs around.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Rumford wrote:Yet again we've lost a close game against them....so much for them being this that and the other :roll:

Condsidering this is their best ever start to a Prem season...that to me says a lot.

If we sort the full back positions for starters...not exactly an expensive fix...we have come a long way in a little time.

Best ever start because mainly played teams around the bottom, unlike us who have played most on top 10.

I don’t think Spuds will finish top 4 this year, my bold prediction.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:48 pm

What pisses me off most is that it was such a missed opportunity. They had Vertonghen, Rose, Alli and Eriksen all out (i know Eriksen came on in the 90th min but you know what i mean, he wasn't fully fit). They had a lot of players away on international duty, mainly the 4 England players who all played on Monday. They were properly there for the taking. Think we were way to soft and let them off the hook big time.

Frustrating!
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm

thomasswe wrote:
Hammertime wrote:Fookin hell, the skinless numbers is bubblin over on this thread, can opine on our players as he's finally seen them play his lot!

Our CBs are fantastic, Balbuena and Diop were comfortable today and if not for Zabs falling asleep on the offside trap, would have kept a clean sheet. I agree we missed Obiang and depending on Yarma's injury, this might be the end for Antonio, the youngster looks more promising in all facets of the game.
what does that say about Andersons performance, Antonio went comfortably beyond Trippier on multiple occations.
Yeah agree not only did Antonio look more up for it, he didn't give the ball away like Anderson. Still, Anderson had a bad game after a run of good performances so I'm not throwing out the proverbial baby out... Should Antonio push on now that there's an opportunity, by January he can either cement a starting winger spot or increase his sale value to Palarse.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Towie wrote:
Rumford wrote:Yet again we've lost a close game against them....so much for them being this that and the other :roll:

Best ever start because mainly played teams around the bottom, unlike us who have played most on top 10.

They may be in the top 10 at the moment but do you really think Bournemouth and Brighton are top 10 teams ? I would imagine we will need to be above them to avoid relegation. As for the Spurs game I think we need to remember that they had their virtual 2nd string midfield and they still managed to keep more possession.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:44 pm

We had three quarters of a good team,I thought.

Their midfield did what ours couldnt,make decisive runs box to box. our defense was very good so their attacks broke down at that point,their attacking midfielders being out was an immense bonus for us.

We were able to get good ball to our attacking wide players and there it stopped. They were our weakness,same as against Brighton.

Hard to be encouraged by anything Anderson did. When he did get back I guessed he didnt have a Mothercare where he lives. he bought so many dummies. Gonna be a test for Pelle to make a success there.
0 x

Rumford

Post by Rumford » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 pm

I cannot think of another top end team who has had as much "luck" with keeping players from injury. Whether that is down to sports science or different physio methods who knows...but they are usually very good at keeping players away from the sick room.

For every Ericson there is a Lanzini...we had plenty of injuries too.
0 x

Towie

Post by Towie » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Shortshanks wrote:
Towie wrote:

They may be in the top 10 at the moment but do you really think Bournemouth and Brighton are top 10 teams ? I would imagine we will need to be above them to avoid relegation. As for the Spurs game I think we need to remember that they had their virtual 2nd string midfield and they still managed to keep more possession.
More possession yet we created much more chances, Spuds man at my work who goes home and away said that Lloris had his best game for them for a very long time.
0 x
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Social Media