West Ham coach attends FLA march

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Hildreth_1101
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm
x 23
x 79

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Doombar wrote:This abysmally stinks, last week a soldier was discharged based on attending an allegedly extremist meeting now this week a football club coach has been suspended based on this precedence employers up and down the country should sack everyone who participated for turning up. Irrespective of what the cause is because it's been hijacked by the right-wing and labelled a right-wing group whereas most of the people who turned up are not racist they work and have friends and family of different ethnic groups. They mix and have integrated with the very people they are accused of being racist too. Rant over!
Somewhere along the lines freedom of expression has been lost with anti racism.

Would rather live in a society where your right to speak your mind isn't persecuted than isn't even if I don't hold any particular reason to speak ill of other cultures and races.

Anyhow its a club decision I guess somewhere in his contract is a clause where he has to uphold values blah blah and associating with a group seen to be politically aligned with extreme views is not what they consider values. However it stinks because I could attend that march on a whim without knowing the situation and be accused of all sorts of ties. Unless he is an active member of the group I think its unfair if he turned up to observe. Might be some values for the group (non racist ones) he likes and he wanted to see. Just because I like the Green parties Environmental policy doesnt mean I will join them and sign up or even vote for them.

My rant is over.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 8010
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 137
x 674

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote: Would rather live in a society where your right to speak your mind isn't persecuted than isn't even if I don't hold any particular reason to speak ill of other cultures and races.
I make you absolutely right. People who hold views different to my own aren't going to change those opinions simply because I don't allow them to be expressed openly. The only way to deal with so called extremist views is by debate and reasoned argument. People are quite able to see for themselves the stupidity of extremism on both sides of the fence.

Many years ago we didn't laugh with Alf Garnett, we laughed at him. So what did the PC brigade do ? Ban him. Not the most sensible of moves I would argue.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Neville Bartos
Posts: 4087
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:29 am
Location: Flyyyyyyyyyin'
x 452
x 566

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Neville Bartos » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 pm

21212 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:
What was the timing on that response? Obsessed.

As for being a lesbian? No. So you'll have direct your romantic attentions elsewhere.
Well done. :D timing? Obsession? Where did you hear that one. I wonder.
Originality not your forte, I see.

Now clear those pubes from your teeth and carry on yoghurt knitting., Fatima.
Sometimes I think you might be a bit thick...
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 4404
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am
x 238
x 277

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by mkhammer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Actually thought this "Alliance" thing was/is a cracking Idea.....showing that people,from
all around the UK....from all different backgrounds,different political views,who at times
might have shown animosity to each other,are willing to come together,support each other,
pal up,shake hands,for what they see is for the good of the Country.

Would like to have seen it more Family based,which the initial marches seemed to be,but
as usual the extremists on both sides put paid to that.
0 x

User avatar
Rumford
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm
x 78

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:09 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:An overreaction to be sure, but if you've got a job working for anyone who is headline bait, why attend?
And the DFLA don't help themselves marching against returning jihadists and Sharia law. That stuff is straight out of the EDL hymn book.
I understand your point...but turn it around.

Why is it ok to do all the Antifa caper and try and instigate trouble ?? If this was football fans turning up at Pro- Terrorism march then i could see your point.

Football fans have no rights at all...and it's the only time i ever see plod.

It's been a witchunt far too long.

This fella deals with kids of all colours every day of the week...and has never had a bad word said about him, he is obviously not racist or have any issues with creed or cultures.

I think Mark knows he was bloody daft to tweet what he did...but If he tweeted that he turned up supporting Antifa i bet there would be no issue.

Why ?
0 x

User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 10892
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 664
x 438

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Newmarket » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Rumford wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:An overreaction to be sure, but if you've got a job working for anyone who is headline bait, why attend?
And the DFLA don't help themselves marching against returning jihadists and Sharia law. That stuff is straight out of the EDL hymn book.
I understand your point...but turn it around.

Why is it ok to do all the Antifa caper and try and instigate trouble ?? If this was football fans turning up at Pro- Terrorism march then i could see your point.

Football fans have no rights at all...and it's the only time i ever see plod.

It's been a witchunt far too long.

This fella deals with kids of all colours every day of the week...and has never had a bad word said about him, he is obviously not racist or have any issues with creed or cultures.

I think Mark knows he was bloody daft to tweet what he did...but If he tweeted that he turned up supporting Antifa i bet there would be no issue.

Why ?
I’ve known Mark since I was a teenager (though I haven’t seen him for ages tbh ) and I can tell everybody right here right now that if he’s racist my pricks a bloater !

This whole country has turned to shit mate . Football fans from all over the country unite to show the world that none of us are prepared to put up with terrorism (of all kinds) and this kind of shit gets thrown at them .

Lads , active on this forum for years , linking arms with fans from clubs like Millwall and Tottenham (who would have EVER thought THAT ? ) protesting against the cowardly murder of innocent men women and children n the faint hope that the powers that be in this world might actually do something to put a stop to it .

And now they are branded racist ffs .... like it’s THEIR fault that 95% of the worlds cowardly cunt terrorists happen to be non-white and non-Christian ...

Anybody who seriously believes the crap that’s being printed about the DFLA should be ashamed of themselves .

It’s all bollocks and I can’t quite believe that people on here and elsewhere on social media are falling for it .

If West Ham sack Woolwich then THAT is a genuine grievance deserving of a march and/or protest on the directors box at the track on Saturday ...

I hope the club stand by its own and refuse to bow to pressure.
This fella , and anyone who attends a DFLA march have done nothing wrong .

It’s makes me feel sick tbh
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

User avatar
Rumford
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm
x 78

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Rumford » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:15 pm

This is something that WHUISA could get on board with...but I bet they wont.

This sort of shows sadly what people were getting at when they said WHUISA had political leanings (which doesn't include the new Guvnor btw).
0 x

User avatar
redhammer
Site Admin
Posts: 3852
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 7:25 pm
x 39
x 134
Contact:

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by redhammer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:43 pm

I actually agree with the suspension as that's just a normal procedure while they undergo an investigation and I just pray that Mark keeps his job.

What I don't agree with, is it being an issue. Marks sister was involved in the terrorist attacks which hanges the context completely but even disregarding that, this was a legal and law abiding march which was liased with by the police.

Unfortunately, Mark will have a clause in his contract which will state he represents West Ham United 24/7 likely and that's where this will turn into a grey area, however......

We are also a football club that donated 12k to a political party and have a vice chair heavily involved in politics.
0 x

User avatar
Rumford
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:24 pm
x 78

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Rumford » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:58 am

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... aggression" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kick it out" didn't want him sacked :roll:
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 5364
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am
x 269
x 499

Re: West Ham coach attends FLA march

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:00 pm

What a sorry state of affairs. Democratic society my arse.
I hope Mark keeps his job, with just a rap on the knuckles for being a silly boy, but the pc brigade will probably want him shot.
Fucking disgrace.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Post Reply

Social Media