sitting down..???

Chat about anything football related here!
gg

sitting down..???

Post by gg » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:45 pm

If ya gonna do it , pls stay at home and do it...otherwise we gonna have more away fans singing "is this the emirates"...i don't want that , do you..??
0 x

hammerman69

Re: sitting down..???

Post by hammerman69 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:08 pm

I could not give two shits what the other fans sing.....we sing songs about every ground we visit.

Anyway, despite what they were singing, some of the bournemouth fans seemed to really enjoy the stadium from the comments I got on the tube and one or two I saw on their forum this morning so whatever we do, we will end up getting slagged....its what football fans do.....especially when we were singing 'You paid for our ground' at them :D
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:11 pm

gg wrote:If ya gonna do it , pls stay at home and do it...otherwise we gonna have more away fans singing "is this the emirates"...i don't want that , do you..??
You ever thought that perhaps kids want to see the game? Or older people with back problems who can't stand for 90 minutes straight want to see the game?

Don't be a selfish cunt and stand up all the time, be sensible and aware of your surroundings.

But as said, the club causes the issue by not addressing the fact fans will want to stand and segregating them from the others.
0 x

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Hildreth_1101 wrote:
gg wrote:If ya gonna do it , pls stay at home and do it...otherwise we gonna have more away fans singing "is this the emirates"...i don't want that , do you..??
You ever thought that perhaps kids want to see the game? Or older people with back problems who can't stand for 90 minutes straight want to see the game?

Don't be a selfish cunt and stand up all the time, be sensible and aware of your surroundings.

But as said, the club causes the issue by not addressing the fact fans will want to stand and segregating them from the others.
Think you make a very good point re "considering others" etc Hildreth but I also think its about BALANCE.

Truth of the matter (whether you like it or not) is seats are provided!!

Truth of the matter is also its a fast changing and passionate event where events can occur instantaniously that dictate what people doi almost spontaniously.

That said when some brain dead fucker in the front row stands up immediately you cross the half way line "the agenda" is set!!!

Take a similar at say a pop concert.

Seating yes...but when fans get into" certain moments" its almost natural they want to stand/sway/sing badly along with arms in the air!!!!

But again if some daft item stands up in the front row when a whispering lullaby is being performed then its not good practice!!!!

Also dont think "its reasonable" that any fan should expect NOBODY to stand up during the entire 90 mins but your depending on "common sense prevailing".....and Im not sure a football stadium full of lagered up individuals is the best place to find that!!!
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:23 pm

According to this report of the problem persists they won't allow the club to increase to 60,000

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... t-ham-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

DanDruff

Post by DanDruff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 pm

I don't think the 100 season ticket holders that had their tickets confiscated yesterday for refusing to sit down would agree with you.
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Really ! Where can I read more about that,Dan ?
0 x

marksb

Post by marksb » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 pm

Porterman wrote:
Hildreth_1101 wrote:

Think you make a very good point re "considering others" etc Hildreth but I also think its about BALANCE.

Truth of the matter (whether you like it or not) is seats are provided!!

Truth of the matter is also its a fast changing and passionate event where events can occur instantaniously that dictate what people doi almost spontaniously.

That said when some brain dead fucker in the front row stands up immediately you cross the half way line "the agenda" is set!!!

Take a similar at say a pop concert.

Seating yes...but when fans get into" certain moments" its almost natural they want to stand/sway/sing badly along with arms in the air!!!!

But again if some daft item stands up in the front row when a whispering lullaby is being performed then its not good practice!!!!

Also dont think "its reasonable" that any fan should expect NOBODY to stand up during the entire 90 mins but your depending on "common sense prevailing".....and Im not sure a football stadium full of lagered up individuals is the best place to find that!!!
Excellent point, I agree, I have to as I am one of them; I sometimes jump out of my sit and criticise the referee for not booking Costa or we come close to scoring a goal! But very shortly after I sit down with the rest of us childish excitable bunch.

Yesterday there were people standing permanently on both end of the East Stand and spoiling it for others and what pissed me off is that there were gentlemen who were in their 50's laughing, giving it the big I am and didn't show one iota of respect or concern for those sitting behind them, that included children who had to stand on their seats holding onto their parents.

David Gold has clearly stated that he agrees in principal with safe standing areas, unfortunately these are not available at present in the Premier League and we have to sit, which as someone in my 50's, I quiet like to do that nowadays.

I like agree that we all get excited and jump up, I agree we all stand when we sing "stand up if you hate Tot..." but once finished, please sit down and don't spoil it for those who are seated behind you.

My hope that the cameras would have taken the required pictures of those who stand and will this week send them letters asking them to sit or there season tickets will be cancelled.

Not an action I want to see, but to laugh in the faces of those not able to stand and see the game is outrageous, you are spoiling it for others, just so you can make a point.

Please sit peeps and lets all get behind our great club and lets hope those who make the rules bring in safe standing areas!!
0 x

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Completely agree.

I have no problem (and I guess neither do the club) with people jumping up when we score or when Calleri races clear to miss a sitter at the end.

The real issue are the people that are standing permanently to make a point. Until all 20 PL clubs (as I mentioned on another thread) agree to safe standing, we wont see it in the PL.

Ultimately though....these morons are ruining peoples days out (that they have paid a lot of money for) and they are forcing the club to relinquish revenue on 3000 seats.

Believe me.....now we are losing money over it, the club will almost certainly eradicate it by cancelling season tickets....its sad to see but to be honest, we will see how they are laughing then.

All these idiots going on about how we need to stand to create an atmosphere.....I could see and hear down below to my left in the East lower it was getting very toxic.....it creates bad feeling not a good atmosphere.
0 x

Eggbert nobacon

Post by Eggbert nobacon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:50 pm

have moved to the upper tier after 20 odd years in same seat in BML specifically so my boy can see without having to stand on a seat

Standing lower tier fine, upper - no

or are we saying there is nowhere you can take a kid and expect them to see
0 x

Social Media