Antonio's final stand!

Chat about anything football related here!
IronsForever

Antonio's final stand!

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:25 pm

Now Yarmer is out is it time to put Antonio back into his Fav position of right wing ? The position he held for the last season at the Upton Park. I am saying " yes" let him run that flank with Arnie coming in from the left and Anderson through the center with Snoddy in support!! Also he will be better cover for Zabby having played right wing back before. Your thoughts????
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Mikeveep

Re: Antonio's final stand!

Post by Mikeveep » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:52 pm

Seems like he needs some guidance IF....

I guess he'll be selected by default but I never like to see him starting these days,gone badly downhill. Very erratic.
0 x

Post by 21212 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:00 pm

IronsForever wrote:Now Yarmer is out is it time to put Antonio back into his Fav position of right wing ? The position he held for the last season at the Upton Park. I am saying " yes" let him run that flank with Arnie coming in from the left and Anderson through the center with Snoddy in support!! Also he will be better cover for Zabby having played right wing back before. Your thoughts????
His favourite position is left wing.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes Mate need him to step up now...
I would give him a couple games starting,thought about switching Felipe to the right,him to left,
would like to see what would happen him(Anderson) linking up with Zabs,both have a bit more
about them tactically.....Love Micky when he's on fire,but hasn't got a great footie brain.

Left side ...Arthurs a Winger/WB...Cress is so inconsistent it's unreal,so maybe have Micky
just charging causing trouble left,and more clever stuff right...one of the reasons like Micky
playing is the aerial threat,which unless a set piece is pretty non existent from us.

But would Def keep Arnie where he is......but in an Ideal world,like to have the front 3
interchanging,pulls defenders all over the place,creates gaps...it what the Scouse do now.

As Obiangs out Sat.....side more or less picks itself now,he'll have to keep Snod central,with
Rice and Nobes, Mickey comes in for Yarmo,not a lot else he can do....spect Cress will stay in.
But OK with him going with Grady Dia,but doubt he'll start.

Don't really like the 2 wide forwards having to cover FBs all the time that's why you play 3 across
the middle,help out defensively yes,but not continually,means they're to deep,for
counters..(something we've lost this year) was one of the threats we had.

AGAIN....Fuckin Injuries....
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:36 pm

I love Antonio. Somehow he'll make a run with the ball, lose it 3 or 4 times & still end up in the opponents box with it :lol:
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Taansend wrote:I love Antonio. Somehow he'll make a run with the ball, lose it 3 or 4 times & still end up in the opponents box with it :lol:

After 4 years we dont know where he is going with the ball. What chance do the opponents have??
Worse way his presence down the right will stop Chilwell from bombing forward.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:27 pm

he is a trier and i admire him for that but we need more than that and he just has lost his edge and his pace
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:51 pm

I think the fella needs a decent run in the side to start to build up his confidence.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:09 am

Dicksies Diner wrote:I think the fella needs a decent run in the side to start to build up his confidence.
I agree, just love the bloke and hope he can get back to what he was.

I think Trippier is one of the best wing backs out there (I hope its an England thing...) - and Antonio absolutely skinned him several times. It would be great if Pelle could make something out of him to polish the end product.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:44 am

I agree he's worth one last big push in his favourite position.
The bloke seems to have been played in every position but GK in his time with us.

Just give him licence to run at people and then drift in for set pieces.
He was superb in that role in our last season at UP.

FFS don't play him on the left though because pairing him up with Arthur Creswell will be a defensive recipe for disaster.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Social Media