Antonio's final stand!

Chat about anything football related here!
LondonWelsh

Re: Antonio's final stand!

Post by LondonWelsh » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:31 pm

If I was his agent I would strongly remind him what a good oppertunity this is.
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:37 pm

21212 wrote:
IronsForever wrote:Now Yarmer is out is it time to put Antonio back into his Fav position of right wing ? The position he held for the last season at the Upton Park. I am saying " yes" let him run that flank with Arnie coming in from the left and Anderson through the center with Snoddy in support!! Also he will be better cover for Zabby having played right wing back before. Your thoughts????
His favourite position is left wing.
That's what he might have said once during the Moyes era. But when Moyes played his bluff and put him on the LW, he kept having to pull back so he could cross with his right. He wasn't much good at all that day. So personally he should only play RW.
And put Masuaku on the LW (as opposed to LB)..... IMO
0 x

Post by 21212 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:22 pm

FatPigIron wrote:
21212 wrote:
His favourite position is left wing.
That's what he might have said once during the Moyes era. But when Moyes played his bluff and put him on the LW, he kept having to pull back so he could cross with his right. He wasn't much good at all that day. So personally he should only play RW.
Nonsense post.

Called his bluff!!???!! :lol: :lol:

He was asked his best position and stated left wing. End of.

Manager called a players bluff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Pennywise

Post by Pennywise » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 pm

21212 wrote:
FatPigIron wrote:
Nonsense post.

Called his bluff!!???!! :lol: :lol:

He was asked his best position and stated left wing. End of.

Manager called a players bluff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wasn't that funny was it?
1 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Left wing? When we had Payet how could he play left wing? The final season at Upton he played right wing. The first season at the olympic he scored 7 or 8 goals with his head , mainly coming in from the right wing around the back. We now have Anderson left wing. Antonio came on and played right wing Saturday and caused havoc on his own all things considered.He also spent quite a few games playing RWB
If he says i like playing left wing its because he likes plying there, not because its his best position. I liked playing defending mid but i was an offensive mid player.
Kouyate the cart horse liked playing Midfield but his best position was center back , but he refuses to play there. The fact that he cannot shoot or thread a tight pass through to anyone cements the opinions that he is best at Center back because of his height and tackling abilities.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:06 pm

IronsForever wrote:Left wing? When we had Payet how could he play left wing? The final season at Upton he played right wing. The first season at the olympic he scored 7 or 8 goals with his head , mainly coming in from the right wing around the back. We now have Anderson left wing. Antonio came on and played right wing Saturday and caused havoc on his own all things considered.He also spent quite a few games playing RWB
If he says i like playing left wing its because he likes plying there, not because its his best position. I liked playing defending mid but i was an offensive mid player.
Kouyate the cart horse liked playing Midfield but his best position was center back , but he refuses to play there. The fact that he cannot shoot or thread a tight pass through to anyone cements the opinions that he is best at Center back because of his height and tackling abilities.

Exactly! The reason Bilic stated they put him in the team is that they never saw his value in practice on a smaller pitch until they played him on the full pitch at full speed, then he was immense covering the length of the pitch as true midfield winger should. If he can bring that energy back to the right side and now with Zaba overlapping and interchanging with him, he could be immense for us again. However just like Kouyate, I believe he wants to play wherever the best chance for him to score is and thus the left wing cutting in and shooting with his right, is where he would like to be. Well guess what, you ain't the manager and this is about a team, so he should get back to doing what he does best on the right wing.
0 x
"Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?"

coburn

Post by coburn » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:01 pm

coburn wrote:
Dwayne Pipes wrote:
I agree apart from Anderson whom I think is a fucking liability.
He will improve, as well as Arni did, believe me.
As i told you ;)
Last edited by coburn on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:13 pm

On the pitch for 8 mins and got an assist today
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:59 pm

BCHammer wrote:On the pitch for 8 mins and got an assist today
Be good for the lads confidence and a very decent chest pass
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:59 am

BlackDiamond wrote:
BCHammer wrote:On the pitch for 8 mins and got an assist today
Be good for the lads confidence and a very decent chest pass
He has that and more in his locker. One min he looks terrible and the next " Bam " we get a goal from nowhere!
Quite exciting to see Anderson one side. Diagrana the other then have Antonio on as replacement !!
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Social Media