Lets look at Pellegrini

Chat about anything football related here!

Lets look at Pellegrini

Postby 21212 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:31 am

6 extremely poor signings.
1 okay signing.
2 decent signings.

Tactically still have player up front isolated from rest of team.

4 areas of the team that have been a problem for years are still a major problem.

Played a couple of youngsters.

Averaging .8 points per game meaning the same form gives us 30 points.
Out if cup that was seen as a possible Wembley visit

No infrastructure put in place at club by manager.

Very likeable person.

Is he worth the money he s being paid?
0 x

Towie

Re: Lets look at Pellegrini

Postby Towie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:47 am

you are right bring back Moyes. Zzzzzzzzzzz
0 x

Postby 21212 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:57 am

Towie wrote:you are right bring back Moyes. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, didn't realise that we only had the choice of Moyes or Pellegrini?
I assumed we could approach any manager we wanted and offer them the job, like every other club in the country.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 am

He's probably not worth the money but there is a lot I like about him.

The judgement on players is a concern though.
0 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:29 am

Is anyone really worth that kind of salary? Probably not, but in todays game you pay top dollar for a decent coach, so it is what it is.

I've said it before, but anyone who honestly believed he was going to come in, and inherit much of the squad that was in place and turn it all into something that would have us doing great from the off simply isn't being realistic.

It's gonna take at least three transfer windows to get players out and bring players in that can do what he wants to do. So far he's had one.

Judge at the end of next season, unless we run into proper trouble beforehand.
0 x

Postby 21212 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:35 am

FlatCapDave wrote:Is anyone really worth that kind of salary? Probably not, but in todays game you pay top dollar for a decent coach, so it is what it is.

I've said it before, but anyone who honestly believed he was going to come in, and inherit much of the squad that was in place and turn it all into something that would have us doing great from the off simply isn't being realistic.

It's gonna take at least three transfer windows to get players out and bring players in that can do what he wants to do. So far he's had one.

Judge at the end of next season, unless we run into proper trouble beforehand.

No manager, and I mean no manger, gets two seasons to be judged.
His time is now and we still have the League Two tactic of putting 10 men within 40 yards of our goal, when the opposition have the ball, rather than press high up the pitch and make things happen.
0 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 am

21212 wrote:No manager, and I mean no manger, gets two seasons to be judged.
His time is now and we still have the League Two tactic of putting 10 men within 40 yards of our goal, when the opposition have the ball, rather than press high up the pitch and make things happen.

Well, if he doesn't get the time needed nothing will change. It's as simple as that really. We'll remain where we are, still doing the same old shit we've done for years.

And if the board aren't of the mind to give him the time needed to haul the club around then they should have saved themselves a shitload of dough and just kept Moyes on.
0 x

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 am

Trudging home in the dark, cold queue having left on 88 mins (very unlike me) I did say to my mate, where is the difference between half a million moyes and 11 million PA pellegrini.

I see teams like Watford, Brighton, and Bournemouth as the bench mark and think we should be aiming to battle it out with Leicester and Everton. We aren't

Always said football managers should be given kpi's like real life managers. Minimum cup rounds, league position should etc. Their salary should be partly withheld unless they hit them.

For pelle it would have been 10th in the league and two lots of 1/4s in the cup year one. Or 50% wages.
1 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:53 am

Alfiehammer wrote:Always said football managers should be given kpi's like real life managers. Minimum cup rounds, league position should etc. Their salary should be partly withheld unless they hit them.

For pelle it would have been 10th in the league and two lots of 1/4s in the cup year one. Or 50% wages.

Yeah, he'd probably have laughed in Sully's face if he'd said that to him. There's no manager in the top flight who'd entertain that, unfortunately.

As far as the difference between Pelle and Moyes, it's going to take time. You don't transform a relegation-threatened side that's the result of years of no investment and a meddling owner into something worth seeing within a matter of months.

I know people don't really want to hear it, but it is going to take a few transfer windows to sort this shite out.

If the board don't want to go through those few years to sort problems that they, for the most part, created, then they'd have been as well keeping Moyes on and hoping we could pull together enough points to avoid relegation.
2 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:58 am

I couldn’t see the back of Bug Eyes quick enough . But on the odd occasion we counter attacked we looked Dangerous .

You can’t say that about last nights shambles .

Disgraceful.
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Return to “Football Talk”